39.1%
  5. 15 hrs or so?

8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shivan.maheshwari
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

shivan.maheshwari , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Current version- Cm12s YNG1TAS213

Its been about a month or so since i upgraded to CM12S. The battery life is literally shit in cm12s. It was about 25-27 hrs in cm11s and in cm12s battery backup is just 5 hrs. Denied auto wakeup , keep awake etc. for google play services in privacy settings , have rooted my phone , flashed the Modded Play services app from XDA , installed franco kernel from the market but still no effect on the battery life! I am literally sick of my phone's battery life. Need some help with it. I was considering to downgrade to kitkat 4.4.4 but I really want to keep lolipop on my OPO.Or should I reflash CM12S on my OPO? Is there any other solution for my problem besides the ones i have described above already?

Below are some screenshots of my battery charts. Stock battery app shows 9% consumption by google play services but the reality is it has consumed about 42% of the battery! The stock battery stats tried to make a fool outta me but were'nt able to do so. Need some help ASAP!

P.s.- After i enabled those privacy settings on Play services , i constantly recieve this error - "unfortunately google play has stopped working" in ever 3-4 mins.

Attached Files:

2. gringoboy
    Lollipop Aug 19, 2015

gringoboy , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Your phone is never asleep. Wakelock detectors may help. Something is constantly running, find out what it is. Apps like greenify also help.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

Avo989 likes this.
  3. shivan.maheshwari
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

shivan.maheshwari , Aug 19, 2015 :
    I know that the major culprict is Google Play services since i saw its statistics in the Gsam Battery montior app. The app told me that Play services has engaged a few wakelocks. I have denied wakelocks in privacy settings , flashed Modded Play store from XDA but still no relief.
    Could you please suggest a good Wakelock detector anyway? And yeah , Greenify didnt work either.

4. gringoboy
    Lollipop Aug 19, 2015

gringoboy , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Tbh, I've never needed it so I don't really know. Google will have better info than me, but there are lots of discussions about them on here.

5. Avo989
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2015

Avo989 , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Try a cache and dalvik cache wipe to stop your phone from constantly staying awake. Delete that "battery saving app" and get wakelock detector. As for Google play has stopped working thing, there's a modified Google play services apk that fixes that. Use your phone till it gets to like 20% and then upload screenshots of wakelock detector.

6. Avo989
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2015

Avo989 , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Try a cache and dalvik cache wipe to stop your phone from constantly staying awake. Delete that "battery saving app" and get wakelock detector. As for Google play has stopped working thing, there's a modified Google play services apk that fixes that. Use your phone till it gets to like 20% and then upload screenshots of wakelock detector.

7. Avo989
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2015

8. shivan.maheshwari
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2015

shivan.maheshwari , Aug 20, 2015 :
    So last night i did do a Dalvik cache and data wipe, had already flashed that modded play services app , Enabled privacy settings on google play services , installed Franco's kernel and just charged my phone to 100% and surprisingly, battery life has become too damn good now! See the screenshot below

Attached Files:

Avo989 likes this.
  9. Avo989
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2015

Avo989 , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Good to hear :).

P.S. I would disable NFC if you're not using it as its a battery hog.

joeryclements likes this.
  10. Kaizoku
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

Kaizoku , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Mine drains very fast aswell. Don't know why. Wakelock detector is not showing something unusual.

11. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Aug 20, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Get mobile radio pwn and Greenify as well, those will help a lot.

12. shao_x
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2015

shao_x , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Can you please share links to the modded Play Services app as well as the Franco Kernel? I'm in the same boat you were.

13. Smarkusje
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2015

Smarkusje , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Had the same problem. I used GServiceFix to kill the Playservice. Furthermore I deselected auto update from the Playstore. My batterylife is now acceptable. (But still not what it used to be)

14. Smarkusje
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2015

Smarkusje , Aug 20, 2015 :
    Had the same problem. I used GServiceFix to kill the Playservice. Furthermore I deselected auto update from the Playstore. My batterylife is now acceptable. (But still not what it used to be)

15. shivan.maheshwari
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2015

16. vcespon
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

vcespon , Aug 21, 2015 :
    This is so sad... I've seen the same on all Lollipop ROMs for OPO. You have the phone in Active state all the time, that's why the battery charge drops constantly. It's incredible that people can't get more than a few hours even when not using the phone.

Just check what I get on my OPO with KitKat ROM: 1 day 19 hours
    You can see that the system is NOT active when the screen is off, which is what I expect.
    You can also see that during those periods of several hours, the battery charge drops less than 2%.

[​IMG]

With 7 hours of screen on time:

[​IMG]

17. Lif3less
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

Lif3less , Aug 22, 2015 :
    My phone on the other hand drains a lot when the screen is on. When it's off, it's in deep sleep and yesterday I left it screen off when I went to sleep, woke up and it was still 100%! I got into some browsing and guess what 5% dropped in half an hour...
    Wakelock detector not showing anything unusual, I even underclocked and undervolted, not much of a difference. Still don't know the main cause of it.