mate 10 pro or one plus 6

1. Nick 59
    Lollipop May 3, 2018

Nick 59 , May 3, 2018 :
    Ones 6 launch is not far away.
    Perhaps wait until it is launched and decide then?

MobileTechMatters likes this.
  2. Fredman
    Gingerbread May 3, 2018

Fredman , May 3, 2018 :
    Unless you're really lucky it's gonna be more like 2-3 months before you can buy a OP6. May 16 is launch date, not sale date, though just seen pop-up shops will be doing flash sales on May 21st.

3. IsseiSenpai
    Froyo May 3, 2018

IsseiSenpai , May 3, 2018 :
    If you are looking for good aftersales service and optimised software (unlike OOS 5.1.1 on OP5/T), i strongly recommend you to get along with Huawei phones.

4. ShinsFortress
    Cupcake May 3, 2018

ShinsFortress , May 3, 2018 :
    We have both brands in our house. My wife like the Huawei. In particular she likes the way their 'skin' makes the settings etc very iPhone like. Neither of us has a great fondness for Apple, but her work phone is an Apple.....

Me, I still have my OnePlus 3T. It's not perfect but it had the bang-for-buck at the time. The only thing that scares me nowadays with OnePlus is the aggressive release program. If I bought a Oneplus 6, how soon until the 6T makes it yesyerday's news for the same price....

5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 3, 2018

ghostofcain , May 3, 2018 :
    What makes you think it'll be the same price as the OP6? BTW a newer device in no way reduces the performance of an older device so why would the 6T launch, if it happens matter.

6. rw0584
    Froyo May 3, 2018

rw0584 , May 3, 2018 :
    I just changed from a mate 10 pro to a 5T and I haven't regretted it a single minute.
    sure, the camera is better. other than that I am loving my 5T.

7. jbc98b
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2018

jbc98b , May 3, 2018 :
    EMUI is trash. That's why Huawei isn't interesting at all for me.

8. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb May 3, 2018

9. allisterr
    Honeycomb May 4, 2018

allisterr , May 4, 2018 :
    That's why the company no longer ceases to exist. Your opinion is the only one that matters in the world.

10. allisterr
    Honeycomb May 4, 2018

Emui 8.1 will really make the phone even better. Its sad they're taking so long to release the update. I see emui 8.1 is faster on the P20 compared to my mate 10 even though the hardware is the same. Or it just feels slightly faster for now.

11. allisterr
    Honeycomb May 4, 2018

If money was no object, I probably wouldn't get either of them.

pvilarinho likes this.
  12. lostLambda
    Lollipop May 4, 2018

lostLambda , May 4, 2018 :
    If I can't toss a custom ROM on a phone, then I won't be buying it.

13. swapnil.s
    Gingerbread May 4, 2018

swapnil.s , May 4, 2018 :
    I dont think it would be 2-3 months. They should have pre-order open on launch and then may be another week or 2 for fulfillment. OP will virtually kill the product if mass doesnt get this product in their hand before mid june.
    Its been already close to 2 months now since OP 5T has been out of stock, another 2-3 month will mean people will be swayed to buy another device. They havent officially sold anything since March 23rd.

14. swapnil.s
    Gingerbread May 4, 2018

Thats why I said "personally". You can buy whatever mobile that you think your money is worth. May be an iPhone if you think its worth your money

15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 4, 2018

ghostofcain , May 4, 2018 :
    No.

In which case either device would suit your needs.

lostLambda likes this.
  16. allisterr
    Honeycomb May 4, 2018

I was making a joke but in reality I mean like there are better phones than both those two, if money wasn't an issue, like the pixel.

pvilarinho likes this.
  17. swapnil.s
    Gingerbread May 4, 2018

All good mate! :)
    Since Original post was about Mate 10 Pro vs OP6 and not Pixel 2 vs OP6, my choice was mate 10 Pro and it was because of its stylish design, color and also its capability. Pixel 2 is undoubted champion in camera but is also a year old phone and Pixel 3 would be replacing it soon. As per DXOmark, Mate 10 pro scores just 1 point less than Pixel 2 so why not Huawei :)
    https://www.androidcentral.com/mate-10-pro-scores-one-point-less-pixel-2-dxomark-test

18. xeon101
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2018

19. Abdul Omair Khan
    Cupcake May 5, 2018

20. p51d007
    KitKat May 5, 2018

p51d007 , May 5, 2018 :
    I've had 3 Huawei devices. Funny thing, my first experience with Huawei, was because of Oppo's OnePlus One.
    While waiting for the silly invite, someone on this board mention the Huawei Mate2. Looking it up, it was a HUGE battery, but "saddled" with an SD400 chip. The price was very attractive, so I bought one on Amazon, thinking I'd jack with it a week or two, then send it back. After setting it up, and installing Nova Launcher (I never run any vendors skin...they all suck if you ask me), I was quite surprised how snappy it was. And the 2-3 day battery life was AWESOME! (coming from the Samsung Galaxy 2, which I had worn out 3 USB ports charging it so much). About a week into the Mate2, the holy grail, the invite for the OnePlus One came, so I ordered it. Played with it a couple weeks, then the "yellow stain" came (got rid of that with a combo of UV light & direct light), but what ticked me off was the lack of support, outright fibbing from Oppo's OnePlus bunch.
    The stereo speakers were twin mono speakers, the yellow stain, they said was because they set the color temperature to a warmer color, which was false, and countless other issues, the "we are just a startup" well, that one was sunk faster than the Titanic. I sold the OnePlus One, kept the Mate2. Then upgraded to the Mate8, and again to the Mate9 (sold the 8 to a friend). I've had zero issues, excellent battery life from all of them.
    The security updates are pushed to my phone, about 3 weeks after release (so far).
    The only "bug" with Huawei, at least in the USA, is how the U.S. government have kicked them to the curb with allegations of spying. (name any carrier, government agency or manufacturer that doesn't, including Oppo who's OnePlus got caught). Personally, as long as I can get them and, they work properly in the USA, I'll most likely stay with Huawei.
    Hey, it's your choice, but you wanted opinions, so that's my 2 cents. :)

ghostofcain likes this.