Maxis OnePlus 2 Purchasing Options

1. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Update: Invites are no longer required to purchase the Oneplus 2 from Maxis (see official Maxis tweet). So go ahead to your nearest Maxis Store or order online.
    [​IMG]

It also seems that Oneplus 2 is available with Brightstar via Lazada too. Brightstar is the exclusive distributor partner for Oneplus in Malaysia. The devices sold by Maxis is also distributed by Brightstar.

Purchasing from Maxis
    These are the options available to buy Oneplus 2 from Maxis.

[​IMG]
    • Device Only. Starting 2/10/2015, the Oneplus 2 will be available to purchase outright without contract or postpaid plans at Maxis Stores and Online store (MOS). The retail price is RM1,687 (excluding 6% GST). Huge thanks to @Adrian Lee for making this happen (see official post).
      [​IMG]

• Zerolution. For those eligible, can get the Oneplus 2 with 0 upfront payment and possible to terminate anytime you want by paying the remaining price (RRP/24 x remaining months). This option is available both online (MOS) and Maxis stores. Postpaid users from other operators can also be eligible for Zerolution but will have to switch to Maxis (takes 2 days). FAQ should cover most questions about Zerolution. Tip: the longer you stay in Zerolution, the more you'll save ;)

• Online Store (MOS) RRP+Plan
      [​IMG]
      The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) option is without contract, just like the Galaxy A8 and Galaxy Note 5, which have both Zerolution and RRP option. However you will need to subscribe for a MaxisOne plan along with it. So you'll have to sign up for postpaid if you're a prepaid. It's without contract but since you're paying the plan in advance, it can't be refunded. So if you want the SurfMore plan or to terminate your line, you can do that after the 1 month, or before that if you don't mind the loss. Below is the screenshot for the cart after choosing the RRP option along with MaxisOne 98 plan. This option is only available online (MOS) and won't be available at Maxis Center. This option has been confirmed with Maxis on Twitter and I personally contacted Maxis too.

[​IMG]

• Zerolution Subsidy (normal contract). This option is only available at Maxis stores. Take a look at the Zerolution subsidy page. Some stores have been offering different deals, but most stores including KLCC followed the same as in subsidy. RM1,199 is with RM98 plan and RM999 with RM128+ plans. It's a 2 year contract and you need to pay 4 months advance (non refundable) of the plan (according to KLCC store). The termination penalty is [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Device Offer Price) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 24 months)] + RM 100.

Accessories
    Oneplus 2 accessories seems to be available at Maxis stores but in pretty limited stock. I've checked KLCC and Lowyat myself.
    Below is the display at Maxis Lowyat and apparently these are the only stock they had at the time. All subject to 6% GST.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Changelog:
    - Added accessories 01/10/2015
    - Added device only option. 02/10/2015
    - Invites are no longer required! 19/10/2015
    - Added Lazada link. 27/10/2015

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015

2. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Sep 29, 2015

sykez and kampuamee like this.
  3. sykez

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Good job? I deserve a drink mate! Yup, it's time to buy. Although l think I'm going with Zerolution :3

Adrian Lee likes this.
  4. threesixty
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

threesixty , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Wow we are finally getting somewhere.

Now whos brave enough to go first and risk the Maxis changing mind and charging you 12 months for cancelling after 1 day? :D

sykez likes this.
  5. weikang2753
    KitKat Sep 29, 2015

Adrian Lee and sykez like this.
  6. sykez

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Yes we need a volunteer :D A lab rat!

You're welcome. Someone had to do it!

weikang2753 likes this.
  7. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Sep 29, 2015

finaldentiny , Sep 29, 2015 :
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. stevenchow
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

stevenchow , Sep 29, 2015 :
    MaxisONE plan can terminate before 1month and no contract ?

9. xavier1782

10. threesixty
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

threesixty , Sep 29, 2015 :
    100 more compared to?

Third party is RM1800 with less warranty, so RM100 might be worth?

IF and big IF what Maxis say is true

11. azril89
    Donut Sep 29, 2015

azril89 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    opt.JPG

Another confirmation. So, no penalty right if we cancel the maxisOne plan since contractless. But, can we terminate it before 1 month?

sykez likes this.
  12. yukilynn
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

yukilynn , Sep 29, 2015 :
    since it's contractless, i think it's possible to terminate. You just won't get refund. so the money, burnn.

13. Adrian Lee
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

Adrian Lee , Sep 29, 2015 :
    You do deserve a drink!!

kampuamee and sykez like this.
  14. chloelimbp
    Eclair Sep 29, 2015

chloelimbp , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Thank you @sykez for going through everything. Good to know at least we have another option.

@Adrian Lee, do you manage to get any further update from Maxis?

sykez likes this.
  15. Adrian Lee
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

Adrian Lee , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Yes, I'm updating the other thread now!

16. sykez

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Cheers mate!

You can if you want I guess. But why? It's your advance and it's non-refundable. It'd be your loss. Better stay for the whole month and terminate. Make the best out of it.

RM100 more than what? It'd cost more to import right now. You'll be spending on data and calls anyway so why not make the best out of that RM98.

Exactly! I refuse to get the Chinese model. I could use the additional bands in the Asia/Europe version while traveling. Also, yeah, warranty and better dual-sim support.

Thanks for the update. Up to you to terminate early. But it'd be your loss since it's non-refundable.

Exactly. Rather make the best out of it.

Thanks mate! Glad to help :) I'll try to keep this thread up to date. Feel free to update it too if needed @finaldentiny @Jevoly.

Glad it helped :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

17. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2015

finaldentiny likes this.
  18. kenshin9880
    Froyo Oct 3, 2015

19. antukecik
    Eclair Oct 3, 2015

masterbslim likes this.
  20. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 3, 2015