[Media Roundup] First impressions of the OnePlus 5T

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Nov 18, 2017

David Y. , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Hi everyone,

There have been a lot of discussions about the OnePlus 5T since we officially introduced it to our community on last Thursday. We know most of you haven’t had a chance to experience it yet, so we decided to create a media roundup thread for everyone here to better learn about our latest flagship in advance. Let’s see what everyone else thinks.

[Videos]

MKBHD: Top 5 OnePlus 5T Features!

Unbox Therapy: OnePlus 5T Unboxing - Is This The One?

The Verge: OnePlus 5T hands-on

Android Authority: OnePlus 5T Hands On

Jonathan Morrison: OnePlus 5T Unboxing + 5 Things Before Buying!
    [Articles]
    1. XDA Developers - OnePlus 5T Hands-on and First Impressions: More of a Good Thing
    2. Android Authority - OnePlus 5T hands-on
    3. Engadget - OnePlus 5T hands-on: A slightly bigger, slightly better flagship
    4. Mashable - The OnePlus 5T is here with a larger screen and even better dual cameras
    5. Android Central - OnePlus 5T hands-on preview: Relentless iteration
    6. Tom’s Guide - OnePlus 5T Hands-On: Android's Budget Darling Goes Full-Screen
    7. Phone Arena - OnePlus 5T hands-on
    8. CNET - OnePlus 5T hands-on: Love the screen, good cameras so far
    A kind reminder: We are also preparing the OnePlus 5T pop-up events around the globe on the open sales day (Nov 21), check out [HERE] for more information and feel free to swing by! Also, stay tuned for all the reviews written by our The Lab - Reviewer Squad!

Enjoy, and we can't wait to see yours.

kbszh123, RonaldM, Z4nG and 68 others like this.
  2. abhisve
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2017

3. G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2017

4. avinash_verma
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2017

5. pojr
    Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2017

pojr , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Were any of these guys given review copies and/or paid to do the reviews?

6. obakesan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 18, 2017

obakesan , Nov 18, 2017 :
    I must be getting jaded. I mean seriously, the unboxing videos, oh look at that tray there, ffs it is the same literal box design since the last few phones now which all had trays what is new? What more can you do to the box to make an unboxing different, deja vu, wake up people.

7. micharu
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2017

8. ajshanker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 18, 2017

9. SudhakarReddy9
    Eclair Nov 18, 2017

10. G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2017

Søren Mikkelsen and ajshanker like this.
  11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Nov 18, 2017

G_plusone , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Lol, almost all unboxings

12. Vemanna
    Froyo Nov 18, 2017

Vemanna , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Great phone having very nice features, but I bought OP5 one month back.

13. angelthera
    Eclair Nov 18, 2017

angelthera , Nov 18, 2017 :
    I already read most of them, with Unbox Therapy's video the first I watched (A recent BIG FAN of Unbox Therapy)

Though, I haven't seen any news for OnePlus opening here in the Philippines. Are there any plans for a Philippine launch? It would be uber awesome if that happens :)

14. Himalaya Dave
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2017

15. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 18, 2017

SimonRam , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Nice.
    Shame for the butt hurt +5 brigade though, it's like a red rag to them.
    Watch out for that fury being unleashed!
    ;)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017

16. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2017

17. G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS
    Froyo Nov 18, 2017

G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Достаточно сделать нормальное ПО для камер и все будет. Но они же бросили это дело с выпуском ОР5, которым я владею. Сейчас 4К пишет ужасно ,это полное гавно,думаю и ОР5т та же участь ждёт. И камеры здесь лучше чем у Пиксель ,однако снимают убого. Они только сидят и рассказывают какой 5Т хороший. Да что хорошего? Такой же как 5 ,разница в дисплее и передвинули сканер назад ,как у Сиями. А ведь сканер был спереди и лучшим. Теперь уподобились гавну из Сиями. Софт вообще забросили ,писал что раз ,батарея чахнет быстро на прошивке 4.5.14 но никому нет до этого дела,как и про камеры. Про Андроид Орео вообще молчу. Все кричали в Ютубе,что в конце сентября будет ,уже новый год скоро ,а они даже не говорят когда примерно выйдет. Короче вывод один. Последний телефон от OnePlus купил ,больше не собираюсь.

MrMetaligh and lostLambda like this.
  18. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Nov 18, 2017

script likes this.
  19. 3laddin96
    Froyo Nov 18, 2017

20. G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS
    Froyo Nov 18, 2017

G_BARAGOZ_RUS_WhjS , Nov 18, 2017 :
    It is enough to make normal software for cameras and everything will be. But they also abandoned this business with the release of OP5, which I own. Now 4K writes horribly, it's full of shit, I think and OR5t the same fate is waiting. And the cameras here are better than Pixel, but they take pictures of the wretched. They just sit and tell what kind of good. What's good? Same as 5, the difference in the display and moved the scanner back, as in Syam. But the scanner was in front and best. Now they have become like the shit out of Siami. Soft generally abandoned, wrote that time, the battery dries quickly on the firmware 4.5.14 but nobody is up to this case, as well as about the camera. About Android Oreo generally keep quiet. Everyone shouted in Youtube that there will be a new year at the end of September, and they do not even say when it will be released. In short, there is only one conclusion. The last phone from OnePlus bought, no longer going.

lostLambda likes this.