Media sound won't play while on call

1. Guijcm
    Eclair Mar 20, 2017

Guijcm , Mar 20, 2017 :
    While I'm on call, I can't hear any sound from media playing.
    I can't even play any media on my phone, Google Play Music won't play, neither will YouTube, and various apps; even if I get to play a video on Facebook, the sound won't play.

Some times it works, it just randomly does, if I'm lucky. I have to hang up and call back and try my luck to see if sound coming from media will play. I know it sounds absurd to be on a call and play media at the same time, but I often am talking on the phone and watching videos and whatnot along with the person on the other side.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

2. Ravisharda
    Eclair Mar 20, 2017

3. G_Anuj_Sharda_oWhP
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2017

4. Guijcm
    Eclair Mar 20, 2017

Guijcm , Mar 20, 2017 :
    I have. I know for a fact that media sound can play while on call, because I've watched entire movies while talking on the phone.
    There's no way to fix it on settings, I've tried. When it works, it just does, I can't seem to find the reason behind it.

5. E.Lopez
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2018

6. swapnilpkumar
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2018

swapnilpkumar , Jun 6, 2018 :
    OnePlus support instructed me to
    • Press power button + vol down keys for about 10 seconds, until the recovery mode boots up.
    • Then clear cache only (yes, only cache and NOT data+cache)
    • Then reboot the device, and it should fix the problem.

For me it did fix the issue, now i can hear the call and media sounds simultaneously on my Bluetooth headset.

Guijcm likes this.
  7. Guijcm
    Eclair Oct 25, 2018

Guijcm , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Hey! The issue had not happened for a while, until today, and I decided to check back on this thread, and your response worked perfectly!

Thank you!

8. puneeth_choppanati
    Eclair Aug 21, 2019

puneeth_choppanati , Aug 21, 2019 :
    I had the same issue. I headed to this thread and followed the instructions provided by @Swapnilkumar.. Now, It's working fine for me so far. However, I was disappointed by oneplus as they never considered replying to this thread or fixing the issue by pushing updates

Guijcm likes this.
  9. J1579029464722
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2020 at 7:18 PM

J1579029464722 , Jan 14, 2020 at 7:18 PM :
    I wiped the cache multiple times in recovery. The issue is still there.
    I tried multiple Bluetooth headsets but media won't play while being on call.
    kindly help me. thankyou.