Sound Media volume too low

1. NairoQuintana
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

NairoQuintana , Jun 23, 2018 :
    Hi guys

After having the OnePlus 1 and OnePlus 5, I bought the OnePlus 6.
    I noticed the media sound is 20-30% lower, especially when connecting an AUX cable or headphones (on speaker as well, but I almost never use it).

When I listen to Spotify, Youtube, VLC player, ... it's not quite enough on 100% with my headphones anymore, especially in a plane or when I'm biking (I'm flying basically every week, so it's quite annoying).

However in for example Waze, it's fine. So when I have Spotify and Waze on together in my car (with AUX cable), I have to disable the sound in Waze because it's way too loud when I put my speakers to maximum (which is needed to have sufficient volume in Spotify). It's now on 30, while with the Oneplus 1 or 5, it was already good on +-18 (so it's quite a big difference).

I already tried in 5.1.7 and 5.1.8 but issue still persists. I tried playing with the headphone EQ and some other settings like the volume normalizer in Spotify but it doesn't help a lot. I don't want to root my phone since some payment apps and flight entertainment apps don't work anymore then. I tried with a different OnePlus 6 and it was the same. Any idea's ?

javad78 likes this.
  2. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Jun 23, 2018

JAGADISH BHATTA , Jun 23, 2018 :
    What headphone are you using?

3. NairoQuintana
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

NairoQuintana , Jun 23, 2018 :
    Philips SHX20, same as with OnePlus 1 and 5. But it's not only with earphones, also with other speakers and in my car.

4. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2018

JAGADISH BHATTA , Jun 24, 2018 :
    Currently I am using rock zircon and asus bundled earphones and I am not facing these issues.Try other earphones are see if it solves your issue.

5. Naughtytouch
    Donut Aug 15, 2018

6. NairoQuintana
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2018

NairoQuintana , Aug 15, 2018 :
    Hi NaughtyTouch

Thanks, but I can't see pages 3 until 6, I get a 403 Forbidden error.

Would you mind sharing the post please ?

Thanks a lot.

I'm using 'Precise Volume' app now which boosts the volume a little bit without needing root access.

It's not as loud as I would like it, but it's acceptable already.

7. Naughtytouch
    Donut Aug 15, 2018

Naughtytouch , Aug 15, 2018 :
    Funny i received the same error.

"Quote:

Originally Posted by novo123

Same here until i have changed the headphones value (Rx1 and Rx2 mix digital volume) on the "mixer path tavil.xml" file located here : Root/vendor/etc
    90 is perfect and you will see a huge difference ! Try and let me know. If you prefere i Can also send you my customised file."

Again I have not tried this myself. Someone mentioned that the changed values will reset to after reboot.

8. NairoQuintana
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2018

NairoQuintana , Aug 15, 2018 :
    Thanks, but I guess there's no way to do this without rooting your device right ?

Unfortunately all of my online banking apps are developed to stop working on a rooted device

9. Naughtytouch
    Donut Aug 15, 2018

Naughtytouch , Aug 15, 2018 :
    Oh okay. I just rooted with magisk. I might try this tweak tomorrow.

10. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 16, 2018

Artemus. , Aug 16, 2018 :
    I highly recommend not tinkering with root files if you have no idea what you're doing. No one will save you if you manage to brick your phone. There's an APK inside Magisk Manager you can download to get the same thing called "ViPER4Android FX".

11. Naughtytouch
    Donut Aug 16, 2018

Naughtytouch , Aug 16, 2018 :
    Thanks! I will give ViPER4Android FX a shot.

12. Naughtytouch
    Donut Aug 16, 2018

Naughtytouch , Aug 16, 2018 :
    After playing around in ViPER4Android FX in the headset tab I was able to solve my problem.

Thanks again Kytharsis! :)

13. L1571118077394
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

L1571118077394 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hi, I'm having the same volume issues with my Nord that I have for 2 days. Really annoying. I now have ordered an original OnePlus USB-C/jack plug, which could solve the problem perhaps, but I doubt it. When not I will send my phone (which is very nice etc) back to the store. I'm not the technical guy who's going to reboot etc, so if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

14. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 6, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 6, 2020 :
    You can start by posting in the right section.

Caomhin likes this.