Meet our teammates: Peggy

1. Mike Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2016

Mike, Apr 1, 2016 :
    What a time to be alive, guys. Last week we introduced Steven G and Nicole; Steven went right away and spilled the beans on the OPX Champagne situation and Nicole is clearly a rising community star already. That ticks our Operations and Product teams as far as forum participation is concerned, so what's next?

I think you'll all agree with me when I posit that our customer support team is one of the most... talked about here on the forums. It's also by far the trickiest to communicate around in that it suffers greatly from the fact that unhappy customers are a hundred times more vocal than happy ones. Just the other day I read someone saying that we had a 1/4 return rate for OnePlus Ones; well, no, it was actually below the industry standard 5% and our supply chain partners like to point this out all the time.

Anyway. CS as a business unit is fraught with complicated processes and incentive structures - how do you get customers to the right support page? How do you make sure that they do what they can themselves to fix the problem without pissing them off (have you ever been told "try restarting your router")? How do you strike the balance between allowing every single RMA and getting bricks sent to you (not joking, this happened multiple times), and allowing none and having really angry customers?

@Peggy H. is here to answer all those questions. She's been in our CS team for almost as long as I've been here which is half an eternity, so she knows her stuff. Here's the thing though: Peggy does CS strategy and the business part of CS, not actual tickets. As always, you'll find the help you need for individual tickets at http://support.oneplus.net/

2. Rick Manders KitKat Community Expert Apr 1, 2016

aris, Ceasedd, pablofg1978 and 5 others like this.
  3. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Apr 1, 2016

camohan, Apr 1, 2016 :
    Welcome @Peggy H. I am sure you will get lot of feedbacks. IMHO a two way communication should be strengthen between the user and CS official. Most of the times the frustration is not because it is taking time , but because of no response or very delayed response.

aris, pablofg1978, SoniaB and 4 others like this.
  4. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Apr 1, 2016

aris likes this.
  5. Wahoux KitKat Apr 1, 2016

6. jpswer Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2016

jpswer, Apr 1, 2016 :
    Hi @Peggy H.

What have you seen as the biggest challenge in OnePlus with regards to the processes in customer services and what changes in processes do you see as having the biggest impact on improving the customer experience?

EDIT: I really like these introducing threads, I mean @Mike is awesome and all but there's a limit to how much one person can do on the forums (and of course @Adam Krisko) ;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

pgidia likes this.
  7. volteon KitKat Community Expert Apr 1, 2016

script, pablofg1978, pgidia and 3 others like this.
  8. jkb114 KitKat Apr 1, 2016

9. rphlfjrd KitKat Apr 1, 2016

Bugru, techygeek, jansvanda and 4 others like this.
  10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 1, 2016

dsmonteiro, Apr 1, 2016 :
    Fun fact: My sister's also called Peggy.

Welcome to the Community, @Peggy H.!

Kattis, sfomin, pablofg1978 and 6 others like this.
  11. Skaper Gingerbread Apr 1, 2016

Skaper, Apr 1, 2016 :
    So, if I want to be a staff member, I'll have to put my childhood photo as my profile picture? :D

ariblaze, pgidia and NaterTots like this.
  12. Rick Manders KitKat Community Expert Apr 1, 2016

Rick Manders, Apr 1, 2016 :
    Is that a typical Australian name?:rolleyes::p

script, pablofg1978, Tobikage and 5 others like this.
  13. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 1, 2016

youbi, Apr 1, 2016 :
    Nice info @Mike, its always nice to have some of those numbers to kill some of the myths of the forum. :)

I would say welcome to @Peggy H. , But since your profile says you are here since October 2014 that wouldn't make much sense. :p :D Were have you been hiding?!? :sweatsmile:

pablofg1978, pgidia, camohan and 4 others like this.
  14. Lancelot_69 Lollipop Apr 1, 2016

pgidia likes this.
  15. eye842 KitKat Apr 1, 2016

pgidia likes this.
  16. jmhashmi Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2016

pgidia likes this.
  17. ChrisTerp KitKat Apr 1, 2016

ChrisTerp, Apr 1, 2016 :
    Thanks for some tidbits on your CS. Thanks for introducing Peggy H to us.

Enjoy your weekend All :)

18. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Apr 1, 2016

19. SimonFullerImagery Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2016

20. pgidia Lollipop Apr 1, 2016