Meet the OnePlus ROM: OxygenOS

1. djangoa77
    Donut Apr 22, 2015

djangoa77 , Apr 22, 2015 :
    I think the Oxygen OS is a very good sign for those of us who like the One Plus value proposition.

Not having to rely on a support team at Cyanogen means updates and fixes will be faster, and the OS can really be tuned to the hardware, ala iOS.

Thanks OnePlus!

mwm341 and micjensen like this.
  2. johnwillyums
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2015

johnwillyums , Apr 25, 2015 :
    I hope you're right. I've come straight here to see if there are any rumours of updates yet.
    It appears not.
    I'm finding a few niggling bugs, BBC iPlayer/media player won't work, Timely, and another couple of apps.
    Most worryingly my battery is all over the place, ranging from amazing to dreadful.
    I use Battery Doctor, and I've got into the habit of optimising everything at the end of every use, especially if I don't think I'll be using it again soon. Last night it went from 51% to red 15%, sat on my desk for four hours.
    A couple of days before, I filled it to 100%, using Battery Doctor, with it's trickle stage notification.
    I checked social media and made two calls. Four hours later, the indicator was still at 100%.
    I installed another couple of battery apps, one told me it had no data.
    Something weird there, but apart from that I'm liking the smoothness, and the overall simplicity.

3. alexluff
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2015

alexluff , Apr 25, 2015 :
    "As an element, Oxygen is the epitome of simplicity..."

That would be hydrogen :/

utkuozan likes this.
  4. Versed
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2015

Versed , Apr 26, 2015 :
    OK, late reply, or wait till tuesdays. I gave my invites away except for one which was a promise to a long term irc buddy. I just gave hem to the first three people who asked for them on efnet #android, with ONLY one condition, that they offer one off their invites to someone on the channel.
    I never liked the invite system, would prefet a back order status with an estimate ship date. But it is what it is.. I was in shock I got an invite the last week of Jume 2014, I posted lightly here, and friended them as per request on social media. Never thought it as the perfect device, but excllent phone for the money.

5. Pradeep_M
    Froyo Apr 30, 2015

6. dks3606
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

7. sudhakarjha
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2015

8. RonaldM
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 2, 2015

RonaldM , May 2, 2015 :
    Who knows what they have brewing for us after a month of receiving all our bug reports and feature requests...

9. pwcowley
    Cupcake May 2, 2015

10. oryan_m
    Cupcake May 2, 2015

11. mrsim
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

mrsim , May 4, 2015 :
    why doesn't oxygenOS have it's own link on the home page...considering that cyanogenKNOB has it's own and is now the secondary rom for this device since these two companies decided to part company...i would love to see some DEDICATION from OPO regarding their own rom
    and yes it does need a serious update...as of you we have 0 people to talk to or giving us feedback...what gives OPO...how's about actually communicating with your adoring public about your own OS...???????

12. davidlkline
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

davidlkline , May 4, 2015 :
    I have been on OPO for 6 months, with ups and downs. I am probably beyond my depth in technology. Looking for technically hip user, preferably in Brooklyn or anywhere in NYC, who would be willing to meet and talk.
    My OPO is still on Android 4.4.4, and CyanogenOS 11.0 XNPH05Q. Last week a message appeared asking me to update but it was outside and off my WiFi. I think I clicked the update but have no idea what happened. I had issues with crashing and rebooting. A couple of weeks ago I reset to factory and then had no problem, plus much better battery.
    I am daunted by the tech level in the forum discussions.

13. geoponic
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

geoponic , May 4, 2015 :
    I think i'll wait a few month until i hear of bug beens patched and a side by side comparisons are around.

14. thomthump
    Cupcake May 6, 2015

15. stuartpattullo
    Donut May 11, 2015

16. bollerafler
    Gingerbread May 11, 2015

17. adarshnb
    Cupcake May 27, 2015

adarshnb , May 27, 2015 :
    Although there's not much bloatware in Oxygen OS, I feel there should have been option to revert back to Stock Android look

18. jgarcia1237
    Honeycomb May 27, 2015

19. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 27, 2015

SomeSayImHandSome , May 27, 2015 :
    Uh it is stock????

20. tye359
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2015

tye359 , May 28, 2015 :
    guys plz - it has only been just over a month since this came out, they need time to update it to 5.1.1 :)