Meeting with the Global Moderation Team in OnePlus HQ

1. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 26, 2019

Crystal Z., Jun 26, 2019 :
    Hey friends,

The Global Community Moderation team has been helping OnePlus since its very beginning and that's why we're very excited to meet them on Jul 2. Unlike previous get-togethers, this meet-up will take place at OnePlus' HQ in Shenzhen. For 4 days, we’ll be showing our mods how OnePlus runs, how our phones are made, etc. During this journey, the product and software teams will discuss with our mods about all sorts of interesting things (more on that later) and Pete will have a close conversation with the mods.

It’s also a good opportunity to hear what you think about our products and direction, so if you have anything to say or questions to ask, leave your comments below so that the mods can forward them to the team.

The first meet-up happened in 2017, London. At that time, the Community was a small team of two (@Adam Krisko and @David Y.), so we deeply relied on moderators to make the Community a better and more organized place.

mod-meet-picture.jpg

With time passing by, the Community is growing bigger and stronger, and this can’t be separated from the mods' effort.

final-version.jpg

This event will be a great chance to show our appreciation towards the mods, while also giving us a chance to give you a look into how OnePlus and the Community tie in together. We can't wait to share more about this with you, but meanwhile, the mods (and @Its.Leandroo, who will be visiting to work on the implementation of his #PMChallenge winning idea) might start sharing some sneak peeks of their journeys here, so stay tuned!

2. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 26, 2019

AnonymousWP, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Very nice! I hope you will all have fun. Looks very nice, like a true dream to me. @Its.Leandroo will surely have fun :D.

3. YRJ Lollipop Jun 26, 2019

4. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 26, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 26, 2019 :
    No questions, just a heartfelt thank you to the mod team.

It's nice to see OnePlus recognizing their hard work. Hope all the meetings are productive.

Save travels and have a great time.:)

5. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 26, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Safe travels you lovely mods! :)

A really nice gesture for the amount of work they put here on keeping this place sane! :)

6. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 26, 2019

camohan, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Thank you team for inviting us. I am stoked to meet all of the Moderators and the community staff. More importantly getting an opportunity to communicate about the company, products, community.

I am taking suggestions to communicate upwards.

stemgal, Mjo, devil112 and 22 others like this.
  7. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 26, 2019

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019

Mjo, devil112, luxuskamel and 17 others like this.
  8. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 26, 2019

David Y., Jun 26, 2019 :
    That's right, we will do our best to share the answer after the event!

Mark Falsing, Mjo, devil112 and 26 others like this.
  9. Maximus Decimus Meridius Marshmallow Senior Moderator Jun 26, 2019

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Any questions are welcome and, if i think its its interesting enough, i WILL ask them!

Think of things like under display camera, Huawei vs Trump-ban, OnePlus TV and maybe other products. Or maybe even things like their favourite (electric?) car, etc etc.

Mjo, luxuskamel, Cervantes and 19 others like this.
  10. Dresa91 Android Q Jun 26, 2019

Mjo, devil112, luxuskamel and 15 others like this.
  11. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 26, 2019

12. Gaston NP Lollipop Moderator Jun 26, 2019

luxuskamel, Mjo, Cervantes and 15 others like this.
  13. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 26, 2019

AnonymousWP, Jun 26, 2019 :
    And you have fun as well, of course. :kissingheart:

Mjo, gaster, manuel19 and 9 others like this.
  14. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 26, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 26, 2019 :
    I just wish and hope that above the products, you have the opportunity to discuss the state of the forums.

I wrote many many many times about this, and I personally believe this thread should be a celebration, so I'm not going to repeat myself.

I still believe in a few people and I still wish they have the strength to change what needs to be changed.

Damn damn damn :(

devil112, Mjo, TibiTibi and 16 others like this.
  15. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 26, 2019

youbi, Jun 26, 2019 :
    I bet it will be an amazing journey. :hearteyes: The last London meet was great and it was amazing talking to OnePlus staff team and to see how passionate they are about their work and how interested they were in what we were saying.

Would love to join again, especially being in the holy grail of tech that Shenzhen is nowadays. But unfortunately currently can't stay for an entire week this far from home, so it will have to be for another time for me.

Have fun guys. :)

Mjo, Cervantes, Fabio.Mar and 16 others like this.
  16. script Nougat Moderator Jun 26, 2019

script, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Aye!

I'm already in China, traveling on my own in beforehand. It's great.

Thx x 1000 to OnePlus, and ofc to you all forum members, for that great adventure.

I'll share pics soon:)

Update:

PANO_20190626_160456-01_001.jpg

Mt. Huashan

Honestly, greetings from a happy script

@David Y. @Crystal Z. @Pete @Carl @all

stemgal, luxuskamel, Mjo and 29 others like this.
  17. Harichand_Raghavan The Showcase Reviewer Jun 26, 2019

devil112, Mjo, gaster and 15 others like this.
  18. script Nougat Moderator Jun 26, 2019

19. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 26, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 26, 2019 :
    It would have been great to go to China but I am on vacations at the end of next week with friends joining us in Loire.
    So happy days in any case ;)

Mjo, Cervantes, gaster and 12 others like this.
  20. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 26, 2019

OALEXANDER, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Thank you team for the invitation.Looking forward for the event and meet the people behind OnePlus .