MEGA MOVIE thread

?

What is the best movie ever to you

1. Star Wars of course! Don't hate me...

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. I'm into arthouse, recommendation below

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. I'm blockbuster carnage, must see below!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Give me a break, here is what I say...

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 10, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 10, 2020 :
    That is a great one, there's an earlier version, where Caine plays the youngster Oops... My mistake. That's not true, must have mixed up some movies.

Bedtime Story (1964) with David Niven and Marlon Brando.

;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020

2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 10, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 10, 2020 :
    Looks interesting
    Will add to watchlist

3. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 10, 2020

luigimario , Jun 10, 2020 :
    Okay, saw a great movie a few weeks ago. Miracle in Cell No. 7. It's a Turkish movie but so well done and the acting was great! The movie is so emotional so make sure you have a box of tissues ready! (It's on Netflix)

4. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 14, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 14, 2020 :
    I would like to take you on a Spike Lee journey.

A year after winning an Oscar for BlacKkKlansman, director Spike Lee is back with his first Netflix movie. Da 5 Bloods is also outraged by the American government, the hate in society and the oppression of black people.

"I show what hate does" Spike Lee

Da 5 Bloods (2020)

At two and a half hours, Lee takes the time and space to put various plot twists into his jungle adventure, interspersed with a drama of friends and flashbacks in which the graying actors themselves play their versions forty years younger. One of my favourite artists, Marvin Gaye returns frequently on the soundtrack, just like a loud orchestra of epic trumpets and strings.

BlacKkKlansman (2018)
    Filming of the incredible but true story about the black police officer Ron Stallworth (Denzel Washington's son John David), who goes undercover at the Ku Klux Klan in the early 1970s. Not himself of course, but Ron maintains the telephone contact, his (white) Jewish colleague Flip Zimmerman (Driver) meets the members of the Klan.

A bit as funny as a funny film by Lee, in which he effortlessly ties together the racial tensions of past and present and also focuses on American film history (Birth of a Nation and Gone with the Wind). Winner of the Jury Prize in Cannes. And Lee finally won his first Oscar for the screenplay with the film.

Do the right thing (1989)
    Colorful, individualistic enlargement of a multi-racial New York neighborhood, Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn, full of explosive tensions. In less than 24 hours, residents are brought to a boiling point, partly by summer heat, partly by intolerance. The hatred focuses mainly on the Italian operators of a pizza place.

A film full of brutality and double bottom, which definitely established Lee's reputation as a director without giving in to commercial trends or easy thrills. Strong role of Danny Aiello. Lee himself plays the role boy Mookie. Good example of great cinema, even if it will not suit everyone's taste.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020

5. rayoustriva1980
    Froyo Jun 15, 2020

rayoustriva1980 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Oooh, I didn't realize there was a Turkish movie of this! Isn't the original Korean? Or did this come first?

I've successfully mounted our soundbar (yay for me doing this on my own!! Steps, for anyone wondering) and I'm enjoying revisiting movies I liked. Drive sounds especially great. A real human bean :D I have Blade Runner lined up next and the first two Terminator movies.

luigimario and Mr. BG like this.
  6. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 15, 2020

luigimario , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Oh wow, I had no idea there was a Korean one. One Korean movie I really liked was Old Boy. The American version was hot garbage!!!

Mr. BG likes this.
  7. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 15, 2020

luigimario , Jun 15, 2020 :
    here's a youtube link to the Korean one!

buntycubal, TibiTibi and Mr. BG like this.
  8. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2020

fragargon , Jun 21, 2020 :
    here are a couple of fimls that don't take a wrinkle from the Hollywood box office

Brazil (Terry Gilliam 1985) - Official Trailer

A Clockwork Orange (1975) Official Trailer - Stanley Kubrick Movie

buntycubal and Mr. BG like this.
  9. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jun 23, 2020

fragargon , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Hi everyone's,

I just watched a wonderfull movie.
    Water for Elephants | Trailer

TibiTibi, buntycubal and Mr. BG like this.
  10. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Some really great recommendations, thanks! :)

buntycubal and fragargon like this.
  11. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jun 24, 2020

fragargon , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Tonight saw this movie. Strong feeling seeing thiis one (to say the thruth it's the 3rd time i saw the movie) :)
    I like it

12. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jun 30, 2020

fragargon , Jun 30, 2020 :
    another movie seen tonigh which left me with strong feelings
    who belevied that in Arizona there were fire fighters?

TibiTibi and Mr. BG like this.
  13. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jun 30, 2020

Mr. BG , Jun 30, 2020 :
    There has to be some Quentin Tarantino in this thread. And the hero is a woman, Uma Thurman no less :)

'The Bride' is an assassin, shot at her own wedding by her client, Bill and his accomplices. She barely survives the attack, she is in a coma for four years. When she wakes up, she is determined to get even. She goes after the gang members and kills them, one by one.

She saves Bill for last ...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020

TibiTibi likes this.
  14. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 2, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Fargo (1996)

A car salesman in a small town in Minnesota is in debt all over his head... but he has a plan!

He will have his wife kidnapped by two villains (Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare) and then ask his rich father-in-law for a large amount of ransom. It should have been an easy job, had it not been for the criminals to kill three residents immediately upon their arrival in Fargo.

15. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 6, 2020 :
    My name is nobody, by Sergio Leone

Music, as always, by the great Ennio Morricone.

May he rest in peace.

TibiTibi likes this.
  16. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jul 6, 2020

Mr. BG likes this.
  17. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2020

18. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jul 7, 2020

Mr. BG likes this.
  19. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 7, 2020 :
    In general, i don't like comedy. Humour is a very personal thing, and i'm a man of great taste and style. It should be intelligent (well, somewhat, maybe), and it needs to hit the right spot or it just isn't funny.

Here are some good ones.

The Big Lebowski

Or the Blues Brothers? I'm still on the fence...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Life of Brian is fun too...

Groundhog Day

Only because Ghostbusters is a bit dated now, but still...

TibiTibi likes this.