Sound [MEGA THREAD] No ring on "ring mode" also.

?

Problem with sound notification

1. How to fix the issue

36 vote(s)
    97.3%
  2. any third party app?

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. karthi2355
    Donut Feb 9, 2018

karthi2355 , Feb 9, 2018 :
    If u have turned ON your face unlock feature this issue is happening... Remove the face data and turn off all the options.... U will get ur ring and sound for all calls and notifications... Please note... Options should be turned off first in face unlock and then remove face data.... Try that it is working.... One plus has to fix this... Very bad update.... Its a bug... Not happy with oreo update as well... No android 8.0 feel at all...

2. Varun265
    Donut Feb 9, 2018

3. sir.rane
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2018

4. Amar_Reddy_109
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2018

Amar_Reddy_109 , Feb 9, 2018 :
    Same here with me.. it didnt take my custom ringtone too & i had issues with call alerts.. had to set it to some stock ringtone.. the stock notification ringtones also are not working for notifications.. I went to the service center.. they say its a failed update & they will flash the phone fresh:eek:

5. R1518194009950
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2018

R1518194009950 , Feb 9, 2018 :
    after update my phone doesn't ring if any calls me. I tired changing ringtones but it not working. please to resolve this

6. ishaanbahal
    Eclair Feb 10, 2018

ishaanbahal , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Since I upgraded to the latest Oreo update on OnePlus 5T, I don't get any notification sounds on any app. My ringer is on loudest, I've checked all apps, including whatsapp, Allo, Twitter, Instagram, but none are blocked to produce notification sounds. Is there some hidden setting that needs to be enabled? I keep on missing notifications because my phone only vibrates on those but not sound. And no, my phone isn't on silent. The alert slider is also at loud and the volume level for ringer is at max.

I'm new to the OnePlus family, so not sure if this is normal and there is a quick setting or something, so need help!

7. Anubhav Shashni
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2018

Anubhav Shashni , Feb 10, 2018 :
    So I updated my one plus 5t to Oreo, everything was working well untill I notice that my phone isn't ringing and I had missed 9 calls. I checked the all the basics and rebooted my phone after which it worked fine.
    But this morning, I miss 7 calls again.
    Please fix this problem ASAP as I'm missing very important business calls and it's a lill of putting.

8. G_bamze2010_wjcm
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2018

G_bamze2010_wjcm , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Same issue for me.
    the problem is the slider on the left side.

if you go from "Do not disturb" to normal the phone will not ring. Reboot or Off/On solves the issue.

9. ml411
    Eclair Feb 10, 2018

ml411 , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Apparently a lot of people are facing this bug after the Oreo update. The fix is to clear cache, then restart your phone. However this is temporary, and could recur

TonyRoacH and ishaanbahal like this.
  10. Anubhav Shashni
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2018

Anubhav Shashni , Feb 10, 2018 :
    That was the first thing I checked. I'm quite familiar with all the basics. It works fine after a reboot for a while but stops ringing after a few hours.

11. ishaanbahal
    Eclair Feb 10, 2018

ishaanbahal , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Clear cache, by going to Storage and tapping the cache list item or something else? It's gotten a bit annoying.

Apologies for the lame questions. New here.

12. W1517736613944
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2018

13. ishaanbahal
    Eclair Feb 10, 2018

14. Ganeshgvs
    Froyo Feb 10, 2018

Best Answer
    Ganeshgvs , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Hi ,

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. Thanks a lot for your feedback on this issue (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/local-ringtones-issue.774756/) and we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We would like to know if clearing the cache from recovery could be helpful?

1. Turn the phone off.
    2. Hold Power and Volume Down
    3. English (or pick any language that you want)
    4. Wipe data & cache
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Yes
    7. Reboot

If the issue persists, please help us collect some logs so that we can look further into it. Here is the process for collecting logs:

1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", delete history log
    2. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", select all these options (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK
    3. Click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, please click “cancel”
    4. Click "get QXDM Log, choose “audio related”, roll down, click "open device log"
    5. Make the issue reproduce and take a screenshot to record the time
    6. Wait for several minutes (better above 10 minutes), click “save log” again to stop it, enter QXDM Log and choose “close device log”
    7. Enter file manager, choose storage, find the oem_log file, long press and click right upper corner three dots to compress it and send it to bughunters@oneplus.net along with the screenshots and specific description or issue link.
    Please don't forget to click on open and close device log when you start and finish essential QXDM log, which shall be above 100 MB before zipped.
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

ajoybharath and sarthak@sark like this.
  15. sergiopi
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2018

sergiopi , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Same Bug Here.... not only ring tone all sounds, notifications, keyboard click. All reboot stuff and check done

16. sergiopi
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2018

sergiopi , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Adding.. My Samsung Gear 3 watch seem to receive a "not disturb" signal, because isn't vibrating when the phone stay muted...

17. dr b suresh
    Donut Feb 10, 2018

dr b suresh , Feb 10, 2018 :
    Please release update as soon as possible because ringtone and notification tones are not working. Becoming a very big problem. Not satisfied with OnePlus service

18. Nikhilswami1103
    Donut Feb 10, 2018

Nikhilswami1103 , Feb 10, 2018 :
    The ring mode (general mode) automatically lose the sound after some calls and does not ring on any incoming call. It just vibrates. Is it a bug or I am the only one who is facing this issue.

19. Photoman9988
    KitKat Feb 10, 2018

Photoman9988 , Feb 10, 2018 :
    No, I think it's safe to say you're not the only one effected, as the two posts literally right under yours are talking about the same thing.

Next time use search, cupcake.

[​IMG]

20. Shubhamagr26
    Donut Feb 10, 2018

Deepak3269 likes this.