[MEGA THREAD] OnePlus 5T Paint Chipping Issue

?

If your phone has paint chipping, are you using the official case, no case or other case?

1. No case

6 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. official Oneplus case (not the one included)

29 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Included transparent case

98 vote(s)
    64.9%
  4. Other case (not made by oneplus)

18 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 17, 2018

pablofg1978 , Aug 17, 2018 :
    Thread merged

2. s.dudev
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2018

s.dudev , Aug 21, 2018 :
    DON'T BUY ONEPLUS. IT DOES NOT DESERVE THOSE MONEY!

it was a big mistake purchasing oneplus. i thought that i will give a chance this company, but it seems like a mistake.
    i had this chipping issue and i sent my phone over dhl to some czech bulshit sertvice. So now i received this quotation:
    Total cost of the repair: 90,38 EURO
    The following failure has
    been diagnosed: AT6 obvious mechanical damage (write-off)
    The following part(s) need
    to be replaced: ONEP/OnePlus 5T Battery cover black
    Please tick your decision at the bottom of this document, sign it and return it to us by e-mail within the next 10
    days: Price_quotations_eu@Bertelsmann.de
    The service needs to be paid in advance. Please pay the corresponding amount to the indicated bank account
    number using your order number and name as an identification of the payment. In case you don't provide this
    payment reference in the bank payment, we can't verify the payment and can't process your order.

And i have 3 choices:
    1. Repair device at the cost of 90,38 EURO (including VAT) By accepting of this price proposal, I also agree with the ecological disposal of defective material and don't require return defective material with the repaired device.
    2. Unrepaired back at the cost of 24,15 EURO (including VAT)
    3. Scrap device - free of charge

And they force you to agree that they won't sent you the old part, just in case that they charged you for nothing!

I ordered the 24 euro and i spent another 8 euro for the transfer which is rediciulous!!!!

Thank you ONEPLUS for the low cost smarphone which has no style after 6 months of use
    Next time i will chose LG/Samsing or even XIAOMI!!!!!!
    Also ARVATO is the crappiest service i have ever heard about. Some czech republic beer frauds!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. mehulgupta462
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2018

TheRealGamer and OzairAhmad like this.
  4. G_Ayan_Paul_FCha
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2018

G_Ayan_Paul_FCha , Aug 23, 2018 :
    I have been noticing some spots and discoloration at the back of my op5t [e]1f61e[/e]... though the device was always protected by a back case!!.... Is this problem faced by anyone else??....P.S : My phone is just 6 months old

TheRealGamer likes this.
  5. mpgarg30
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2018

6. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 23, 2018

pablofg1978 , Aug 23, 2018 :
    What has to do an update with the back of the phone ??

7. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 23, 2018

pablofg1978 , Aug 23, 2018 :
    Thread merged

8. Pratikozarker
    Donut Aug 23, 2018

Pratikozarker , Aug 23, 2018 :
    Hello,

I too have the same problem with my phone. The chipping started around 4 to 5 months ago and since then it just became worse. Tried everything, cleaning the case, the phone still the chipping remains.
    It has degraded the look of a phone which is not even 8 months old.
    Would request oneplus support to help me with this

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018

G_Ayan_Paul_FCha and OzairAhmad like this.
  9. Pramodkulchandani
    Donut Sep 3, 2018

Pramodkulchandani , Sep 3, 2018 :
    The back panel is under warranty and the Service centre will change the panel ONCE free of cost. Just got my panel replaced after 9 months. So if anyone has the same issue please go and get your replacement done and don't use the cover cover along with the devixe.

10. Pramodkulchandani
    Donut Sep 3, 2018

I have my back panel replaced today 3rd Sept 18 at The Fort service centre Mumbai. Went there physically with the device and got the panel changed within an hour.

11. Pramodkulchandani
    Donut Sep 3, 2018

yes it is covered under warranty.

12. MrTalon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2018

13. Eric Lambert
    Donut Sep 4, 2018

Eric Lambert , Sep 4, 2018 :
    hello, add me to the list, also facing this issue, been using the OP cover that came with the phone...

14. narang20
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2018

narang20 , Sep 4, 2018 :
    I have similar problem. I have sent the service centre and it should be covered in warranty.

15. Pamidimukkula
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2018

16. Eric Lambert
    Donut Sep 5, 2018

Eric Lambert , Sep 5, 2018 :
    hi, I asked the support for help and they just told me it wasn't supported by warranty, so I have to pay for repair ?! what a bad joke, how can they ignore this problem !!???

very disappointed, of OP, this will be the last one.

17. G_rishabh_jain_nPmU
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2018

18. shhzaidi
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2018

19. Y1518361969019
    Donut Sep 5, 2018

20. Pramodkulchandani
    Donut Sep 5, 2018

Pramodkulchandani , Sep 5, 2018 :
    Eric which country you are from? You can mail them and tell that they are switching back panels free of charge in India maybe it will help you.