[MEGA THREAD] OnePlus 5T Paint Chipping Issue

?

If your phone has paint chipping, are you using the official case, no case or other case?

1. No case

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. official Oneplus case (not the one included)

24 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Included transparent case

89 vote(s)
    66.9%
  4. Other case (not made by oneplus)

16 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Krishna suri
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2019

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jan 17, 2019

3. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jan 17, 2019

4. borft
    Jelly Bean Jan 17, 2019

borft , Jan 17, 2019 :
    probably an iq problem

5. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 17, 2019

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav , Jan 17, 2019 :
    the issue is common. when using covers nd case.
    if there is some dust btw ur back panel nd cover..when phone heats up . .. during charging nd using game... .
    as dust has some particles which have hardness >10.
    these cause spot on back panel.

u can visit service centre they are the only one ..who can change back panel for free in warranty.(if they understand that ur issue is serious)
    remember spots on back panel are not covered in warranty ..these are cosmetic damage

6. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 17, 2019

pablofg1978 , Jan 17, 2019 :
    Thread merged

7. pablik01
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2019

pablik01 , Jan 23, 2019 :
    hello everyone, I would like to ask if you had similar experiences with this model as me.

I've noticed the dots on the back panel of the phone. The phone was protected by the original oneplus case. The company said that this would have caused by dust on the sili one case...

Another thing, yesterday I put my phone face Down on the white piece od paper, meaby I accidentally moved it a bit but three was not much strength in it... now in the middle of the display I have about 2 mm scratch.

And now... the phone gets dots from the dust, and gorilla glass gets scratched becouse he was moved over a white piece od paper... THE PRICE OF THE DEVICE IS 500 EUROS.Previously I had much cheaper leeco x900 and there were no such stories there. What do you think about it

8. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jan 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Jan 23, 2019 :
    You are not the first one. You won't be the last one.
    Please search and read before creating a thread. There are mega threads to discuss both the issues you mentioned. Use them.
    Please don't create redundant threads.

borft likes this.
  9. borft
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2019

borft , Jan 23, 2019 :
    a phone is a tool. it is meant to be used. when you use things, they tend to wear.

10. pablik01
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2019

11. Laamapalmu
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2019

Laamapalmu , Jan 23, 2019 :
    Do you have the original screen protector? It gets easily scratched. You shouldn't lay your phone on top of rocks. Gorilla glass doesn't scratch easily.

12. pablik01
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2019

pablik01 , Jan 23, 2019 :
    original case, phone was face Down on the desk and pieces of paper. that's why I'm asking. I thought that Gorilla Glass will be stronger

13. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 23, 2019

pablofg1978 , Jan 23, 2019 :
    Thread merged

14. Gilian.Vanhooreweder
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2019

15. sonalagnaik
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2019

sonalagnaik , Jan 29, 2019 :
    hi
    I have a oneplus 5t I have using from past 6 months I have been putting the same case which has come from the box and now it has some weird marks on the metal black back cover that does not suit its style so please tell me what can be done the phone is in warranty

16. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Jan 29, 2019

MJ_Vikram , Jan 29, 2019 :
    visit service center they will check and update you if it can be covered in warranty or not..

17. sonalagnaik
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2019

18. Lal1995Roshan
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2019

Lal1995Roshan , Jan 29, 2019 :
    Brother it's a well known issue which most of the users faced. 'The paint chipping issue'. You may have a lot of black colored dots on the back of your 5t, even there can be certain line marks too. Since you have got the back of your phone all covered up with these marks, the only thing that you can do now is to take your phone to the nearest service center. And since your phone is covered under warranty the chances are that you will get the back panel replaced free of cost.
    But wait!!
    When you have got the new shining back panel you should do certain things so as to avoid facing the same situation again.
    1. First thing you should do after replacing the back panel with the new one is to throw away the case provided, it will only make things worse.
    2. Secondly, you should digest the fact that no matter how good the quality of the case you are going to use, those marks would return. ( in my case it did and even the service center staff said so)
    Basically those are marks created as a result of dust between your case and back panel. So, if you use a case there are chances for the marks to return, and if you don't you leave your phone at risk.
    So what you could do is to try to avoid the possibility of dust accumulation between the case and back panel,
    1. You should remove any cases while charging your phone, as charging heats up the phones surface, it will be more vulnerable to the marks with case on.
    2. Remove your case and clean the case and back panel, preferably using micro fiber cloth, once in a while.
    Last but not least,
    I also had the issue and got my back panel replaced. I used to clean my back panel taking of the case once in a day. But guess what, within one week the spots started appearing again. Later i read in the forum, to remove the case while charging and followed the same, which helped me in avoiding further paint chipping

19. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 29, 2019

pablofg1978 , Jan 29, 2019 :
    Thread merged