[Mega Thread] OnePlus 5T Trade-In Program

?

Should be an exchange offer for the people who bought the flagship few months back?

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

19.8%
  3. Not bothered, I am happy with 6 month old flagship

12.0%
  1. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2017

2. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Nov 30, 2017

OALEXANDER , Nov 30, 2017 :
    Please use the search function before you create a thread.
    Thread merged

3. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Nov 30, 2017

4. saivikrama
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

mischa1981 likes this.
  5. Sasikumartm
    Froyo Nov 30, 2017

6. mischa1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2017

mischa1981 , Nov 30, 2017 :
    yeah, they also added the 5. with Just a few scratches they offer ne a 100 Dollar Discount for the 5t. are you nuts oneplus? offering 100 Dollar for the 5 i Just bought a few months ago and having to pay 450 Euros for the 5t??

7. mischa1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2017

mischa1981 , Nov 30, 2017 :
    me too. Just wanted to Check what they are willing to pay for my 5. 100 bucks for a few months old Phone? nope.

saivikrama likes this.
  8. jmenjivar
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

jmenjivar , Nov 30, 2017 :
    I think that if people want to trade their previous device for the newest available, it should be some kind of trade option, I mean, not an offer, but a viable option for the loyal customer, just like Apple does. They accept your old device and give a discount on the new one, for loyal customers.
    This is a good way to show appreciation to customers who have supported the brand.
    And I also think that when we buy a new cellphone device (just launched), we expect that to be the current and latest phone from that line for at least the current calendar year, and that is why I'm in favor of a rebate option.

9. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Nov 30, 2017

youbi , Nov 30, 2017 :
    Threads merged. We already have a big thread about this.

And like it has been told many times your phone is still working fine, so don't worry so much about it, just enjoy the great machine you have in your hands. ;)

But if you really want to exchange it, just use the best exchange service that you will ever have.

1 - Sell your op5 in the used market sites;
    2 - Use the money you got from it and put that little extra needed to buy the op5T;
    3- Order you new op5T. ;)

I doubt you will ever get a better deal than this way.

10. ahuehue13
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

ahuehue13 , Nov 30, 2017 :
    Thanks OnePlus for the lack of updates on this trade-in program!!! A simple yes or no would go a long way. Also to the people who say to sell your OP5 and buy the OP5T. Yeah..... MANY PEOPLE want to buy a used phone for $300-$400 when they can just buy a new OP5T for almost the exact same price as the retail OP5. Why would I sell my OP5 for under $400, then I would have to pay more than $200 to cover the costs, might as well bought the Pixel 2 XL or any $700~ flagship phone

11. Mir_Adnaan
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2017

Mir_Adnaan , Dec 1, 2017 :
    I am a op5 user. i brought a op5 just 2-3 months ago and due to the announcement of op5t i felt a cheated. Now that i wanted to trade in my op5 to buy a op5t on exchange on Amazon india. The providers dont have any such options for op5. They only offer till 3T.

12. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Dec 1, 2017

MJ_Vikram , Dec 1, 2017 :
    you can sell it on Cashify and buy 5T and then they will release 6..

Nothing Special about 5T except the screen both are same phones..

13. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2017

kevinkrg6 , Dec 1, 2017 :
    OnePlus comes out with a new phone every 6 months. Did you not expect this? They did not cheat you at all! You paid $500 and got an excellent phone. It is still an excellent phone, that hasn't changed.

You are upset because it isn't the newest. why does this matter?

otto2 and Mir_Adnaan like this.
  14. saad1957
    Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2017

saad1957 , Dec 1, 2017 :
    not because you bought a device from them , that they will stop manufacturing .

15. Mir_Adnaan
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2017

Mir_Adnaan , Dec 1, 2017 :
    True that. But you know there is a new trend of op5t screen size type smartphones. So i am fine with op5t.

16. Jayanta_Banerjee
    Eclair Dec 1, 2017

Jayanta_Banerjee , Dec 1, 2017 :
    if this option be available, it will be great for me, too. the problem of jelly crawling is very annoying and I want to get parted from it.

Mir_Adnaan likes this.
  17. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Dec 1, 2017

MJ_Vikram , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Amazon pays you very less,better to sell it some where at least you will get better money..

Mir_Adnaan likes this.
  18. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2017

kevinkrg6 , Dec 1, 2017 :
    They will come out with the OnePlus 6 this June or July. Will all the 5T users be cheated then?

No, we will still have our 5Ts which are great phones.

The OnePlus One users are still raving about how good their phones are...

Everyone gets that period where they enjoy having the newest phone. With any manufacturer, it goes away.

Who cares if a new phone comes out. It doesn't change the phone you have.

New technology comes out all the time.

When you buy a new computer, it is pretty much old by the time you take it home lol, a newer, better one will come out the next day!

But you still use your computer and love it.

And still get updates.

Having the "latest greatest" just to have the latest, really means nothing.

Everyone's phone gets "old", but it really changes nothing at all and is only a feeling, because OnePlus is great at long term support.

They are still pushing security updates to the OnePlus 2.

If you buy a OnePlus phone, you can expect to love it for years.

Five or 6 new phones will come out over those years, but you should still love your phone the same because it has the same features it had on day one.

otto2 likes this.
  19. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Dec 1, 2017

otto2 likes this.
  20. exis_tenz
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2017

otto2 likes this.