[MEGA THREAD]OP5/T Battery/Heating Issues and Tips: Share Your Stats & How To Improve Battery Life !

1. Mayur Malde
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2019

2. Inha1966
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2019

3. Darshil_Raichura
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2019

4. janbodon
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2019

janbodon , Sep 4, 2019 :
    I'm facing the same problem right now, suddenly battery lasts for less than 16hours while a few days ago it was normal for it to last over a full day. What is even more frustrating is that my friend's OnePlus 6 seems to face the same problem.

5. Uri24
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

Uri24 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    since I updated the phone to 9.08, my life battery is worst. I cant get a 6 hours of screen time
    like I used to get in the earlier version.

when I finish to charge my phone to 100% and after I disconnect it from the charger, 7-8% of battery is going down in a half a hour and I even didn't touch my phone, it happens always.

6. marc_stanke
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

marc_stanke , Sep 9, 2019 :
    same here on OP5T.
    Since the last update (Stock, nothing changed) the battery is draining REALLY fast.
    Same usage as before brings me at least 30% less usage time.
    Has to do something was the last update.

7. skylizard
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

skylizard , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Same here... Since last update i'm getting roughly 10hrs, and that's just the phone sitting on the desk, not even been used .. whats going on, and what was changed in last update to affect it. Can this new config be manually changed?
    I found its part of the software bloat OnePlus has forced onto the phone "Zen mode".. its consumed 25% of battery in 10hrs of non phone use.. And it cant be uninstalled .. seriously OnePlus, WTF!!!!!!

Since posting I found that the last update can be uninstalled ( not the whole application), this has improved performance so will not update the application. This of course creates a potential security issue.... @ Oneplus make the application uninstallable

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019

Ologu Alexandru Mihai likes this.
  8. nmpoukas
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2019 at 7:51 AM