Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2018

GuitarBart , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Luckily a company launched special underwear to protect you at CES haha

sfomin and Sujknair like this.
  4. Saxon_au
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

Saxon_au , Jan 18, 2018 :
    You mean correct?

"Mobile phones communicate by transmitting radio waves through a network of fixed antennas called base stations. Radiofrequency waves are electromagnetic fields, and unlike ionizing radiation such as X-rays or gamma rays, can neither break chemical bonds nor cause ionization in the human body."

That's exactly what I said. The rest of the article just went on to say that nothing has been confirmed.

As for "the hard fact is that cancer and tumor rates are skyrocketing around the world" according to one of the previous comments, that could just be due to our increased ability to detect cancers and tumours.

5. G_Mallesh_Adapala_xHmp
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018

shamseer_e_Sanju likes this.
  6. ramanrnamboodiri
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

7. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 19, 2018

Dunnow , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Some people say vaccines cause autism... Are you gonna believe the retards or actual international studies conduced by universities and proper researchers?

Just as stupid as people saying that wifi signals dont let them sleep... If we could only erradicate this idiotism from society we would advance so much faster...

Saxon_au likes this.
  8. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 19, 2018

Dunnow , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Electromagnetism caused by antenas is not the same as radiation from a phone.

9. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2018

MentalDraco , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Well your barking up the wrong tree then cause that will surely not happen.

10. MiracUygun
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

MiracUygun , Jan 19, 2018 :
    too high :/

11. polisettysd
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2018

polisettysd , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Thats in India.. OP 5T (for those who may not be aware of the model number as mentioned in the image)

Safe Level of SAR
    is 1.6 W / Kg (Watts per Kilogram)

12. jbc98b
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2018

jbc98b , Jan 19, 2018 :
    I will rather live a good life with few things to worry about than worry about every possible thing out there.
    Have you got a wireless router in your home?
    Do you use cellular connection on phone?
    Do you use Bluetooth?

Who cares? Just live your life and don't wear a tin foil hat.

Saxon_au likes this.
  13. G_plusone
    Nougat Jan 21, 2018

G_plusone , Jan 21, 2018 :
    Aren't those antennas built for mobile phones?

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 21, 2018

Dunnow , Jan 21, 2018 :
    not the same, your phone has small AF antennas and signal, the strong one comes from the telecommunication towers, and again, electromagnetism is not radiation. Birds don't change paths or go away from an area because radiation but because the signals might be messing with their "natural" compass

Sujknair and G_plusone like this.
  15. Vlad123456
    Froyo Jan 21, 2018

Vlad123456 , Jan 21, 2018 :
    ok then don t buy a smartphone. problem solved[e]1f44c[/e]

Saxon_au likes this.
  16. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2018

Sujknair , Jan 21, 2018 :
    Glad to see somebody who takes an active interest in others jewels. Thank you for your perfectly valid, albeit perfectly useless opinion on a post that was clearly meant to be light-hearted.

17. Ed_88
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2018

Ed_88 , Jan 21, 2018 :
    who cares?! if it's selling in the EU then it has to be within limitations.

why does it seem like everyday people find a new thing to upset over rather than enjoying their investment?

Vlad123456 likes this.
  18. TheH0g4n
    Eclair Jan 25, 2018

TheH0g4n , Jan 25, 2018 :
    It's interesting that the SAR values are different depending on which organization measured the values:

India: 1.41 - 0.51 W/kg(1g)
    Canada: 1.38 - 0.76 W/kg(1g)
    US (FCC): 1.38 - 0.76 W/kg(1g)

Also keep in mind that the amount of SAR actually varies depending on the radio frequency being used by the phone. The numbers reported by these agencies are the highest found values during testing. For example the frequency band typically used by my carrier at my location is 1.12 - 0.68 W/kg(1g).

MiracUygun likes this.
  19. Razvan B.
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2018

Razvan B. , Jan 25, 2018 :
    The SAR is very important for costumers who give a shit about them ... is not a stupid or useless question .

20. Ed_88
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2018

Ed_88 , Jan 25, 2018 :
    really? those are the same consumers who buy bottled water despite tap water being far safer and cheaper (not everywhere, but definitely in the EU where I live, and I'd bet any first world country, heck water used for showers must be of drinking water standards here in the EU cause you might accidentally swallow a bit while showering! and yes, I work in the field).
    where it comes to health and regulations, how about you leave the stuff to regulators to decide what is safe and what is not, usually hours and hours of expert committee work is involved in deciding what is a safe threshold for all of these details. and in the case of the EU, they always go for the extreme safe side, even if it's impractical sometimes.

So excuse me for not caring what some ransoms online think is an appropriate value. if the device is licenced by the EU, then it's safe enough for me.

Saxon_au likes this.