[Mega Thread] SAR values -mobile radiation OnePlus

1. G_Sarthak_Soni_aEmF Cupcake Apr 30, 2019

G_Sarthak_Soni_aEmF, Apr 30, 2019 :
    I have heard about oneplus phones having very high SAR values. though in limits and less than 1.60W/kg
    particular mention to samsung galaxy phones in this regard. Though a bit expensive they always have a much much low SAR values than one plus devices. i think having a high SAR phone may cause harm in long term.

2. SeeBeeEss Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2019

SeeBeeEss, Apr 30, 2019 :
    You have "heard" about high SAR values in OnePlus phones? Who did you hear it from? What is your evidence to confirm that phone SAR values cause harm in the long term? Have you taken the time to research the SAR debate for yourself and draw your own conclusions from the evidence presented from all sides of the debate?

If you are afraid you are going to grow a tail because of using a OnePlus phone, pay the premium for a Samsung phone and know that all your risks in life will be gone...

... Well, at least until you step in front of that bus with the faulty breaks. ;)

3. priyankgada Cupcake May 9, 2019

Stickied Post
    priyankgada, May 9, 2019 :
    PS - FEEDBACK IS REQUIRED

We all know that all our electronic devices release some kind of energy. It may be radiation, electromagnetic waves or something else but they sure do. Well in this video, we are going to talk about everything you need to know about your phone. Whether it is causing cancer or not. I will answer all your technical questions. I am Priyank Gada and you are watching 4KTT. Let’s roll the intro meanwhile you can click on the first link to join notification squad.

Have you ever noticed any numbers printed behind your phone? Decimal numbers or maybe something else. Well, these numbers are nothing else but SAR values i.e. S. A. R. Values which stands for Specific Absorption rate i.e. The rate at which radiations or electromagnetic waves are absorbed in our i.e. human bodies.

We all know that our phones, it may be a featured phone or a smartphone, our phones usually try to search for networks and to do so, they release some energy which can affect us. This energy is absorbed in our body and is measured as SAR value i.e. watts per kilograms.

If you are curious enough, this value is actually calculated as per the number from the rate of absorption per 10 grams of body mass.

What about the higher limit. Well, the suggested higher limit is around 2 watt/kilogram but according to Indian regulatory, 1.6 is the higher limit. Well the limit set by federal communication commission is 1.8 watts/Kg

How can you find SAR value for your specific phone? Well FCC i.e. Federal Communication Commission provides a list of companies, smartphones, and their specific SAR values. The link to this page will be added in the description.

Does that mean, a smartphone with SAR value below 1.6 Watt/Kg is ok for your health? Well, the truth is, SAR value alone is not enough to answer this. It also depends on the duration and distance of your phone from your body.

We always tend to keep our Wireless networks i.e. WiFi and Internet turned on while sleeping and keep chatting with our loved ones on WhatsApp. It is always advised to keep your phone on flight mode and turn off wireless signals while sleeping and as a precaution, keep the phone away from your body.

Last edited: May 11, 2019

4. YRJ Lollipop May 9, 2019

YRJ, May 9, 2019 :
    Nice informative post! Can you confirm whose video's are those?

SJBoss likes this.
  5. priyankgada Cupcake May 9, 2019

these are my videos. started a new youtube channel in english. already had one in hindi. would like feedbacks and review about videos

6. SJBoss Lollipop May 9, 2019

SJBoss, May 9, 2019 :
    Why? So you can copyright it somehow? It’s over for you Poods :rolleyes:

YRJ likes this.
  7. YRJ Lollipop May 9, 2019

YRJ, May 9, 2019 :
    Ohkkay! But do you know promotion of your videos on the forums are not allowed?

Your initial writeup is great, would you mind removing the video links?

Your post is informative and can speak for itself no videos needed IMO!

8. priyankgada Cupcake May 9, 2019

will he copyright my videos?

9. priyankgada Cupcake May 9, 2019

The first line itself says - Need feedback on videos.

10. YRJ Lollipop May 9, 2019

YRJ, May 9, 2019 :
    Please don't mind him he is a baaad guy/girl!

11. YRJ Lollipop May 9, 2019

YRJ, May 9, 2019 :
    Alright! Will leave this to the mods to decide. Good day and a nice informative post.

12. priyankgada Cupcake May 9, 2019

yup bro. if they tell ill remove. btw hows the video bro

13. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator May 9, 2019

pablofg1978, May 9, 2019 :
    Thread merged and post pinned on the first page
    Please read the forum rules about advertising.

Last edited: May 9, 2019

priyankgada likes this.
  14. YRJ Lollipop May 9, 2019

YRJ, May 9, 2019 :
    I liked your post (writeup) not into videos so cannot comment.

15. priyankgada Cupcake May 9, 2019

thanks a lot buddy. please review my video. feedback is appreciated. improvements?

16. Vagax Eclair May 22, 2019

Vagax, May 22, 2019 :
    So on the subject of people not knowing if it is damaging or not. OnePlus is one of the biggest offenders at the moment when it comes to radiation exposure, the video linked below gives a explaination on what gives but his final thought is that at the current moment, smartphones are not a threat to your health or so scientific research currently concludes.

(Ignore the horrible clickbait thumbnail..)

However when you compare previous generations of phones, they are exposing more and more radiation per generation so that's a thing to consider.

17. neerajkarki03 Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

neerajkarki03, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Indian unit of oneplus6T has SAR value mentioned(by dialing *#07#) as 1.280w/kg & 0.871w/kg for head and body respectively. This value is way less than values have been obtained from tests in Germany(1.552w/kg for head). I just want to know if different region have different SAR values. I just want you to check your own OP 6T by dialing *#07# and post your answer also mention your country.

18. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 4, 2019 :
    There are plenty of threads discussing this. Why did you want to create a new thread?

19. Deepakroundal Donut Jun 4, 2019

20. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2019