[MEGA THREAD] Smart Lock / Face Unlock and 5T features for OnePlus 5

?

Do we want improved camera features, quality optimization and facial recognition on oneplus 5?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2018.
  1. Yes

96.0%
  2. No

4.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Selen53
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

Selen53 , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Face unlock
    Is anybody can use the face locked? I added it but it's not working I still use fingerprint.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017

2. Jeet77
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2017

Jeet77 , Dec 2, 2017 :
    You add the face. Turn off display. Press power button while keeping the front camera directed to your face. In the middle lower part of screen, you will initially see a "person" icon(means it is checking for face recognition) which changes to fingerprint icon within 3-4 sec, if a successful face isnt matched or light isnt adequate.
    If a successful face is matched, the icon is replaced with a lock icon, following which you should swipe up to unlock the phone.

3. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Dec 2, 2017

4. Andrew Garfield
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2017

Andrew Garfield , Dec 3, 2017 :
    This is my opinion in terms of convenience ..... In case of op 5T if u place it on a desk

For Face unlock: U need to pick up the phone from the desk and hold it in front of ur face

For Fingerprint unlock : U need to pick up the phone anyways coz the fp is at the back

In case of op 5 , if u place it on a desk.... U can use front fingerprint scanner to unlock without picking up the device , and for face unlock , it's the same case as OnePlus 5T

In case of OnePlus 5T.... for both face unlock and fingerprint unlock , u need to pick up the device

Ravi BINAVAT and nitingond36 like this.
  5. Andrew Garfield

No it didn't . I tried

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  6. Andrew Garfield

Face unlock can be and should be included in op5 because both of them share same hardware... There's no harm in implementing it

Arhav_Love and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  7. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

ChickenTheDuck , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Hey OP Community!
    I hope you have a nice day!

OnePlus tells us that they do what the community wants! Right? But they actually don't which makes me very sad.

For example every single Oneplus 5 user wants the face unlock which is 100% possible with a software update! (I know there is the smart Lock option but it sucks)

Then OnePlus answered us with a 'no' ...

OnePlus! if you are reading this.. I know you want to make your 5t more 'special' but if your really listen to your fans then add this feature to the OnePlus 5! Why not? You tell us that the fingerprint sensor in front gives a great user experience. but we want more! Why don't you just give this feature to us?

ONEPLUS! Please show your community more love!

I came from Samsung because I thought you would listen to your fans... but you don't :'(

Kind regards
    ChickenTheDuck
    a.k.a.
    Bünyamin

8. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Dec 3, 2017

pa5t1s , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Ok.
    BTW, one reminder : OnePlus doesn't 'give' : OnePlus sells.

9. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Dec 3, 2017

idkwhoiam322 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    But there is no need for face unlock.
    Also the forums are managed by admins, mods and users ONLY, OnePlus devs don't look here.
    Besides fingerprint is always more secure and faster.

10. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

they can send it to the devs...

11. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

oops Thanks man :)

12. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Dec 3, 2017

It won't be, this is probably the 30th thread on this topic(probably more than 50 but I'm being generous).
    There is no point in making redundant threads.

Punk_69 and pa5t1s like this.
  13. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

There is. We need to tell them what we want! That's what OnePlus told us to do. And now they won't listen so we need to try our best to convince them

14. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Dec 3, 2017

pa5t1s , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Agreed on both points :)

Punk_69, varma246 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  15. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Dec 3, 2017

No there isn't. It is against forum rules if you even know they exist. It is just annoying to the active users who see the same thread again and again. Also a pinned thread exists.

16. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

yeah there is a pinned threat. but who reads the last comment? to be honest?! I am not a 'spammer' who dies those kind of posts for fun. I think about it before I post.

17. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

18. Themurtuza
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2017

Themurtuza , Dec 3, 2017 :
    They should, but they wont. Lately they been showing crude rigidity in their decisions. May be overconfidence & arrogance due to success, their way of telling us we dont give fcku , bcoz we got #HYPE

pa5t1s and ChickenTheDuck like this.
  19. varma246
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2017

varma246 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Listen OnePlus.... Lol:D

ezgif-4-c2f8629aa1.gif

Punk_69, Dunnow, pa5t1s and 1 other person like this.
  20. ChickenTheDuck
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

pa5t1s likes this.