Mental support group for (ROM) flashaholics

1. keessonnema
    KitKat Oct 20, 2015

theshinybeast likes this.
  2. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Oct 21, 2015 :
    @KforHorizon I did think the own rom was marshmallow. Are there any roms available for opo with m? Seems like there was one that I read about which turned out to be a hoax.

3. AntMunny
    KitKat Oct 21, 2015

AntMunny , Oct 21, 2015 :
    whoa...when did this happen??

4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2015

theshinybeast , Oct 21, 2015 :
    All started here the other day and now we appear on the recents page again. Hopefully more folks will drop in. How's the world of Nexus6 ROMs treating you? I'm waiting patiently for an influx of M ROMs for the OPO. It'll be like starting all over again trying out new ones.

AntMunny likes this.
  5. keessonnema
    KitKat Oct 21, 2015

keessonnema , Oct 21, 2015 :
    Well hello there. Going to flash OOS 2.1.1 now. I don't know why, because OOS 2.1.0 with ak kernel and xposed and such are working fine lol.

6. jacquesy90
    Donut Oct 21, 2015

jacquesy90 , Oct 21, 2015 :
    227 pages!

I thought i was alone in this mental struggle of having to flash at least 16 ROMs a day.

Any new roms? I got thia cheeeeeeeseburger maaain haha.

No seriously, ive been on the experimental 6.0 build for 3 days and i feel like jumping out the window.

Sound build tho :)

7. KforHorizon
    KitKat Oct 21, 2015

KforHorizon , Oct 21, 2015 :
    Go try cm 13 unofficial :)

8. KforHorizon
    KitKat Oct 21, 2015

KforHorizon , Oct 21, 2015 :
    Nope there are 2 builds out now.. one is homemade 6.0 or something! @Me1256 even made a thread about it if I remember it right! And the other one is cm 13 unofficial! :)

9. AntMunny
    KitKat Oct 21, 2015

AntMunny , Oct 21, 2015 :
    There's a bunch of Marshmallow builds on the Nexus 6 xda page but I haven't tried any of them LOL. Maybe I'm damaged from trying out those early initial buggy battery killing Lollipop builds on the OPO.

Seems like they made it slightly more difficult to get root on Nexus 6 Marshmallow factory image..you have to flash (or fastboot) a modified boot.img along with SuperSU. I'm all like, you know what? I'll just wait for CM13 nightlies or the Slim-based ROMS (TipsyOS, Razor, TwistedROM) go Marshmallow.

Right now, my rotation is Temasek-->TipsyOS-->PacROM-->Team Razor-->

but you know what? Everything I've heard about Marshmallow...even the factory image...is good. like REALLY good. as in...you don't even need r00t...it's THAT good. but yeah, I'll wait...

KforHorizon and theshinybeast like this.
  10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2015

theshinybeast , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Tipsy and SlimSaber for me.Yeah I'm OK waiting but really looking forward to M.If it's that good now just imagine Xenon,SlimSaber etc when they get reasonably stable builds up

[​IMG]

AntMunny likes this.
  11. Dominique57350
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2015

Dominique57350 , Oct 25, 2015 :
    Hello guys
    Since i am dispointed with Exodus
    (Malware rumors, descreasing sot, guard blocking apps, and on...)
    I want to find another ROM who will be Nice for battery !
    On 5.0.2 roms i had 7Hrs SoT in 2 days with no charge. Today with Exodus i have 4-5 hrs in 1day and approximalty same on sultan but sultan is buggy with my sim(say there is no sim after 1hrs use and i need to reboot EVERY TIME)
    I would love to try EVERY suggestion you'll made but i need them to be compatible with multirom.

Thanks in advence and quote this if you wanna answer.

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 25, 2015

theshinybeast , Oct 25, 2015 :
    Try SlimSaber with AK kernel or Xenon HD CAF both excellent stable ROMs I've got both on multirom so they might suit your needs. We should be getting some stable M ROMs soon with much better battery so one of these should keep you going until then.

Dominique57350 likes this.
  13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2015

14. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2015

swarup.siddharth likes this.
  15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2015

theshinybeast , Nov 8, 2015 :
    Yeah it's running veeerrry smoothly.I didn't expect it to be so bug free but Sultan has surprised me:D Themer doesn't work yet but apart from that it's daily driver material.
    Edit Sorry for not tagging you If I'd known you still had the old bugger in house you'd have been tagged right away.:oops:;)

swarup.siddharth and ddhbanger like this.
  16. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2015

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2015

theshinybeast , Nov 8, 2015 :
    Follow the OP's flashing instructions and all should go well

18. KforHorizon
    KitKat Nov 9, 2015

19. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Nov 12, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Nov 12, 2015 :
    @theshinybeast @KforHorizon
    I flashed the last build as per the instructions. It was pretty uneventful with the recommended TWRP. What I can't figure though is that TIBU wouldn't work on the rom and downloading apps from the Playstore returned an error consistently. Any thoughts on what went wrong?

20. KforHorizon
    KitKat Nov 12, 2015

KforHorizon , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Wrong gapps maybe?
    Tibu worked fine for me along with the play store!
    Though now on tap was a hit and miss!

swarup.siddharth likes this.