Mental support group for (ROM) flashaholics

1. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Nov 12, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Maybe the version I was using. What TIBU version are you on and which gapps. I got the slim alpha 6 mini gapps

2. KforHorizon
    KitKat Nov 12, 2015

KforHorizon , Nov 12, 2015 :
    The latest TiBu paid version .. And banks 6.0 gapps!
    I did flash slim but found banks to be better even though now on tap didn't work properly.. And sometimes gave system FC.. Slim gapps gave system UI fc's everytime!

3. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2015

ddhbanger , Nov 25, 2015 :
    I've only gone and jumped off the oneplus bandwagon. As predicted a few months ago, I got the OP2 and sold it to move over to the dark side of the Nexus 6P! Goodbye you lovley flashaholics, we may meet again on another forum far far away.... @theshinybeast its been a pleasure interacting with you.

4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2015

theshinybeast , Nov 25, 2015 :
    A pleasure for me as well .Enjoy the Nexus my good man :D

ddhbanger likes this.
  5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 28, 2015

KforHorizon likes this.
  6. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 1, 2015 :
    @theshinybeast is the doze feature any good at extending battery life? Been abroad a few weeks and the flashaholic fingers be itching.
    P.s does it look like everyone jumped ship from opo?

theshinybeast likes this.
  7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 1, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 1, 2015 :
    Yeah it helps a lot even though most builds on all ROMs are still in their early stages. I recommend Sultans MM ROM and / or Fusionjack´s SlimSaber 6.0 . They both rock and I´m still undecided which I prefer.

Yeah a lot of folks have jumped ship but that Sultan thread has a lot of "action" so we´re not alone:p:D

8. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2015

9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 1, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 1, 2015 :
    Not yet I´m still digging my OPO and might just wait ´till next year and the SD820:D

10. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 3, 2015 :
    well flashed the slim saber marshmallow build finally today. restoring apps now. is it just me or is the option to toggle lcd density gone?

theshinybeast likes this.
  11. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 3, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 3, 2015 :
    It has gone, indeed!
    Use textdroider.. Changing it manually didn't work for me!

12. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2015

theshinybeast and KforHorizon like this.
  13. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 3, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Nope.. Works pretty well so far!

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Morning gentlemen ,I'm now back on Sultan's after a few days on SlimSaber.I really liked SS but it was impossible to get through a day without charging .Battery life was poor to say the least.I tried changing the kernel ,Radioactive worked ,but it breaks the camera.I like the rom but battery. ouch

swarup.siddharth likes this.
  15. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 3, 2015 :
    @theshinybeast @KforHorizon liking the rom so far buy I do concur the battery seems to drain pretty fast. Another day and heading over to give sultan's to give it a whorl. Seems like quite a few marshmallow roms popping up. Any worth the flash other than so and sultan's?

KforHorizon likes this.
  16. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 3, 2015 :
    For the moment I'm sticking with Sultan.It's the most solid ROM by far.I'm really an AOSP man myself but they're just not ready yet ,IMO anyway.SlimSaber is great but battery life was really poor and I need it to last at least a day at the moment.I might give one of the others a go at the weekend ,I'll let you know if something catches my eye.

swarup.siddharth likes this.
  17. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 4, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 4, 2015 :
    I'm sticking with slimsaber.. I need supersu and not the built in root.. It sucks! I'll flash a kernel to see if that helps!

18. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 4, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 4, 2015 :
    How is battery life on the latest build?Because in the previous one I was really poor ,not even a whole day.

KforHorizon and swarup.siddharth like this.
  19. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 4, 2015 :
    @theshinybeast @KforHorizon Been on it for two charge cycles. Battery life while not worth writing home about is not all bad though. I have come across one glitch though. While switching form WiFi to mobile data ie 3g services the phone needs a reboot. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to switch to mobile data. There is always the ominous exclamation mark in the network icon. Giving it another day for now.

KforHorizon and theshinybeast like this.
  20. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 4, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 4, 2015 :
    while the standby is great much better than any lollipops.. i ike it.. i've edited doze settings too (it's an app - not built in)
    i have been having horrible SOT for quite some time now..(5 hours if im lucky i guess my battery is dying)) so i dont think you guys should ask me about SOT's!