Mental support group for (ROM) flashaholics

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 11, 2015 :
    So, after the little blip in Sultan´s latest build, 12/09, I got the urge to try something new ,actually I´ve been pining for an AOSP ROM of late, and the winner was.....Darkobas ROM . I´ll let all y´all know what I think after a couple of days. I haven´t any first impressions yet as I´ve just flashed it but I have a feeling I´m going to like it. @swarup.siddharth
    @KforHorizon @Evokkimus @Antoine Vdb @jstepa ( yeah, you too @jstepa even though you´re a one ROM man :p )
    I´ll post here so as not to go off topic on the Sultan thread.

EDIT; If any of you lot are on something else and it´s dreamily good, do tell please.

redleema and KforHorizon like this.
  2. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 11, 2015 :
    I flashed the 09 sultan build just yesterday so giving it a day or two before I change. Will keep an eye out for your review on darkobas though. I went ahead and dirty flashed just to see if the transition to 6.0.1 would be buggy but no glitches yet. Going to do away with the underclock though. I want to see if this rom can really blitz. So far is been very stable. @Sultanxda definitely deserves a big shoutout.

theshinybeast likes this.
  3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 11, 2015 :
    I think there is an11/12 build up now which apparently fixed any bugs there were.I'm going to stick with Darkobas for a while though and see how it is.

4. rajarshi10
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2015

5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 15, 2015 :
    I was until recently when they started getting really buggy,FCs and random reboots which Darkobas suffered from as well after a while .I'm now back to Fusionjack's SlimSaber which I love and also seems to have resolved the terrible battery life it had a few builds back.I was a SlimSaber LP and for now I think I'll stick with his Mm as well.

@KforHorizon you stil rockin' SlimSaber?

6. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2015

Antoine Vdb likes this.
  7. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Nope.. I have been on Nuclear Android Project (Nap) for the past week! Comes with a custom kernel.. Good performance and is based on aosparadox (which is beautiful).. I like it! I was on slimsaber.. I thought of going back to it since NAP is still on 6.0 but I'll wait for a few more days and till then you can keep me updated on Slimsaber! :rolleyes:

8. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 16, 2015 :
    What about Darkobas?
    Also, have you tried Marsh?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015

9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 16, 2015 :
    I'm on SlimSaber 12/13 with Donkey Kernel and it is really solid.I went to bed last night with 100% battery and had 98% left this morning and battery stats said I had 9 days left on battery.Haven't had a single reboot or fc,which is great after nightlies:confused:.Performance wise it's great as well very smooth no stutters or lags to be found.All in all a great ROM which seems to be on the right track.

KforHorizon likes this.
  10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 16, 2015 :
    I liked Darkobas but after a couple of days it began to have some problems which is quite odd.The first couple of days it was good ,smooth, reasonable battery a nice ROM but then the FCs started and Chrome lagged something terrible.I'll definitely give it a go again at some stage but it's not quite there yet.
    Haven't tried Marsh, yet.For now it's SS for me.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015

KforHorizon likes this.
  11. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

Antoine Vdb , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Thanks mate I'll try that one

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 18, 2015

jstepa likes this.
  13. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 18, 2015

jstepa , Dec 18, 2015 :
    I did not even knew about this thread's existence, perfect place for me, you and @Evokkimus ;)

Evokkimus and theshinybeast like this.
  14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 18, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 18, 2015 :
    The old guard have moved on but there is still a couple of us around.

Evokkimus and jstepa like this.
  15. Evokkimus
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

Evokkimus , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Hehe true.

I'm on SlimSaber 6.0.1 right now, couldn't handle the random reboots I was getting on cm ROMs.

theshinybeast and jstepa like this.
  16. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

jstepa , Dec 19, 2015 :
    I'll stay on Sultan's CM13 06/12 build until CM gets their shit together, no random reboots...

theshinybeast and Evokkimus like this.
  17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 19, 2015 :
    I too am on SlimSaber , for the moment, I just couldn't take the random reboots etc.

Great choice, all it needs is a few more added features.

Evokkimus and jstepa like this.
  18. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

jstepa , Dec 19, 2015 :
    I'm not heavy user, so I don't need so many features ;)

19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Gonna try Mokee 6.0 for a day just because I´ve got itchy fingers today.SlimSaber will remain my daily though.Anyone tried it?

jstepa likes this.
  20. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

jstepa , Dec 19, 2015 :
    I went beyond dark side, way way way beyond Darth Vader and Darth Sidious and flashed BrokenOS.
    Tried it for two days (on my other OPO) and if it would not contain CG and a**hole dev's, I would be on it today. Battery consumption was incredible for both SOT and idle time...