Mental support group for (ROM) flashaholics

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 19, 2015 :
    :eek::eek::eek:

Back in the day, like 6 months ago pre-CG, I was a Broken user :oops: and it was a great ROM.I just ignored the dev´s if not their entire G+ page and used it happily but after CG and their singling out of OPO users as the only ones who ask questions and of course the sad, childish, hardman,we-so-bad-and-curse-a-lot attitude ,I was forced to just ignore their existence on principal.F*** ´em.

jstepa likes this.
  2. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

jstepa , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Yes, "F*** ´em" is my feeling also, what a shame because it is an really good ROM.
    But the manner they are treating OPO user particularly, who needs them...

theshinybeast likes this.
  3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

Just flashed Mokee 6.0 :) Lets see how it goes ,it would need to be excellent to get me off SlimSaber right now.

jstepa likes this.
  4. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

jstepa , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Let me know how it is, I won't even try without good review from you ;)

5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

Well that was a short lived experiment.I flashed Mokee, which took a really long time btw,like 9 minutes o_O, and all seemed to be well and good. In fact it seemed to be quite snappy and smooth but a little disappointing really as it´s basically CM 6 with very little extra.But I decided to set everything up anyway only to find that nomatter what I did Titanium just would not restore anything,it just stayed at 0% endlessly.I uninstalled and reinstalled it but the same result.I checked every possible reason why it wouldn´t work but no, nothing. So as it didn´t seem worth the effort, it really is like CM nightly with little else, I restored SlimSaber back to its rightful place:)

redleema and jstepa like this.
  6. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

jstepa , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Thanks, so I have no need to try it :D
    Unless some other ROM worth of trying, I'll stick to Sultan's 06/12...

7. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

Antoine Vdb , Dec 19, 2015 :
    So, on what is everyone on ? Currently on SlimSaber 6.0.1 and it's ok, I hate all the useless features like OmniSwitch or that kind of things, plus I couldn't use OpenGapps, Setup Wizard fc... But it's ok

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

On the same and don´t like OmniSwitch either but I do like the ROM.

Having said that I am on the lookout for something different but what that is I don´t know yet:D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

9. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

Antoine Vdb , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Same here, I prefer CM

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 19, 2015

11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 21, 2015 :
    The latest build of SlimSaber is really solid folks. In fact, I'd say the most stable build of any Marshmallow I've tried so far.
    Edit, and with Donkey kernel>zzmove cpu governer>yank battery (2) profile it's even better.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015

KforHorizon likes this.
  12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 22, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 22, 2015 :
    So tell me @KforHorizon how is SlimSaber behaving on stock kernel?
    On Donkey it rocks, best battery, stability and general smoothness I've had on any ROM for a loonngg time.

KforHorizon likes this.
  13. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 22, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 22, 2015 :
    I like omniswitch on MM
    Also opengapps works fine with me on slimsaber

14. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 22, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 22, 2015 :
    It's good.. Better than say a month ago but I'm still reserving my word for sometime later! I hope it's really good! My battery is dying now tbh so it gets a little difficult for me to say for sure how good is it!

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 22, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 22, 2015 :
    I thought the same thing not long ago but the SlimSaber/Donkey combination has changed my mind. It also noticed that it charges much faster now, like in 1.5 hours.

KforHorizon likes this.
  16. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 23, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 23, 2015 :
    @theshinybeast @KforHorizon hows it going people. My opo got smashed to bits and the flashaholic in me is getting tortured using the wife's old iPhone 5s. On the market for a new device. Advice? Looking at the nexus 6p and it looks mighty fine. And I know this may be akin to sacrilege but the note 5 also beckons.

theshinybeast and KforHorizon like this.
  17. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 23, 2015

KforHorizon , Dec 23, 2015 :
    Go for the nexus 6p or yu yutopia or the OnePlus Two.
    If i were you.. I'd use the 5s until a SD 820 packed phone was out! Most probably the Xiaomi MI5

My Favourite smartphones of the year :-
    Nexus 6P
    LG V10
    LG G4
    OP2
    Moto X style

YU Yutopia is intriguing and if it's as good as the specs suggest it is it'll jump above LG G4 in the hierarchy!
    PS: i don't like samsung a lot but if you do? Go for the note 5 but 6P is the boss!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

18. swarup.siddharth
    Honeycomb Dec 23, 2015

swarup.siddharth , Dec 23, 2015 :
    so far i have pretty much detested all samsung devices for the inevitable lag that sets in after a few months of usage. Just that lately it seems touchwhizz has been scaled down. Only downside is never having an AOSP rom even if i root it.
    The iPhone just doesnt cut it. Its way way too locked down for my taste.
    Shying away from the OPO 2 only because support here in india is atrocious. parts are priced more than the phone itself.

KforHorizon likes this.
  19. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Dec 23, 2015

Antoine Vdb , Dec 23, 2015 :
    That combination makes that my phone doesn't charge ....

20. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Dec 23, 2015

theshinybeast , Dec 23, 2015 :
    Wierd, it works great for me.. Have you tried any Others?