Mr. BG , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Thank you dear...

:D see what I did there?

pa5t1s and Rick Manders like this.
  2. kartike4u
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2017

kartike4u , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Tried but can't resist some nougaty goodness

pa5t1s, Mr. BG and theshinybeast like this.
  3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2017

theshinybeast , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I have been ruminating about whether to open a similar thread or resuscitate this one for a few weeks now as I've recently suffered a relapse in my condition. After getting an OP3 and passing on my darling OPO to a new home, I still pang for her sandstone goodness and her immortality. I had thought I had beaten my affliction but sadly it was a mere figment of my imagination and I'm now back under the boot of the demon that is .........flashaholism. :eek: So for now I shall remain here to seek some solice and comfort with my fellow flashaholics, I know they're out there.
    @KforHorizon @Antoine Vdb @ddhbanger

It has begun.

First things first though, Oneplus really need to release Nougat sources and the damned camera blobs ASAP !!
    So far I´ve tried Tipsy, Tesla, Tugapower all of which are great but the cameras are terrible. At present I´m back on CB11 but will soon™ be flashing something new.

4. kartike4u

Which was the last ROM u used in your opo?
    Any suggestions for me as I'm still using it?

5. kartike4u

Do u know if a darkobas (marshamllow) ROM with colour os blobs is available for opo?

6. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2017

Tugapower was the last one but that was back in November , I´ve been out of the loop since then, maybe @se7enlyn @ziepicwaffle could do the honours and recommend something more up-to-date.:rolleyes:;)

ziepicwaffle and se7enlyn like this.
  7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2017

Darkobas is dead I´m afraid.:( It was wonderful while it lasted.

8. KforHorizon
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

KforHorizon , Jan 19, 2017 :
    So you've decided against opening a new thread?:rolleyes:

R.I.P Bacon! Sometimes I feel like I (we , in this case) should keep our twitching fingers for new "Shiny" things to ourselves!

Don't we all think so? But one way or another it just gets you sooner or later!

After Samsung, Motorola has released Nougat sources too! This is simply hypocrisy on OnePlus' part! For now, the Custom ROMs are good enough to appease me for a bit but I'll have to go back to Oxygen or go to that Foster Home (FreedomOS) just because of the Camera! OnePlus is simply ruining their own reputation and will be hurting their sales in the future if they don't release the sources soon and help the developers get their hands on something that can improve the camera quality on Custom ROMs!

Lastly, I'd be happy to see Flashaholics return to the community! :rolleyes:

pa5t1s and theshinybeast like this.
  9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2017

For the moment, yes.
    I agree with you and this is part of the reason I haven´t opened a new thread. A little more low key, so to speak.
    Agreed! They are missing a great opportunity if you ask me.
    Yeah, it would be great. We´ll see.:rolleyes:

KforHorizon likes this.
  10. kartike4u

When u had your opo , do u remember that which ROM gave u the best battery backup with or without tweaking?

11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2017

Firstly, battery backup is not a thing, it´s battery life. Like I said I haven´t used an OPO in months. Back then I´d say Tugapower but right now I´ve no idea. Flash one and find out.

KforHorizon and kartike4u like this.
  12. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

Antoine Vdb , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I think I've changed mentality... I'm on the beta of OOS since I had my OP3, very happy

13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2017

Cured:eek:;)

Mr. BG and KforHorizon like this.
  14. KforHorizon
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

KforHorizon , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Nahh beta doesn't count! You still like to venture into the unknown! :rolleyes::p

Antoine Vdb and theshinybeast like this.
  15. KforHorizon
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

Mr. BG and theshinybeast like this.
  16. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2017

ddhbanger , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Aggghhhhhh. I thought I was cured! I've been fairly happy on the beta programme, but just recently started to get withdrawal symptoms.

KforHorizon and theshinybeast like this.
  17. se7enlyn

se7enlyn , Jan 19, 2017 :
    hi,
    i'm running Aosplusone 7.1(errm AOSP, of course) now. It comes with the snapdragon camera+sultan's HALs. SOT is easily 6hours with the stock kernel.
    if you prefer cm14.1, try tugapower's or legend .
    happy flashing!

18. ziepicwaffle

ziepicwaffle , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I'm using official aicp at the moment. The feature set is really nice. Using boeffla kernel, the battery is decent, not necessarily the best out there but good enough.
    A couple of lineageOS ROMs have included "blur ui" which I personally grew to really like. Resurrection Remix is doing well on nougat as well.
    I'm tempted to try AOSPlusone now though... :p
    For me, camera I'm not too concerned with it anymore since opo is sadly getting old. Camera is ok at most no matter what blobs there are in my opinion.

kartike4u, se7enlyn and theshinybeast like this.
  19. se7enlyn

se7enlyn , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Yeah me too, I hardly use the camera. Doesn't matter if it's color os blobs or sultan Hals.
    @kartike4u , if you really need color os blobs, try omni 7.1 darkobas. Don't use open gapps with it as you will have idle drain. Use banks or slimgapps.

Correction: dynamic gapps, not banks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017

20. ziepicwaffle

ziepicwaffle , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Sadly AOSPlusone doesn't seem to have hardware key customization :( . I think i'll stick to LineageOS (CM) based ROMs for now. Groundzeroroms (validus and tesla) are a good option as well.

theshinybeast and se7enlyn like this.