Mental support group for (ROM) flashaholics

1. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2017

Max.Mar , Feb 3, 2017 :
    what all ROMs that you have tried till now? Any good one you can point out to.

2. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2017

Max.Mar , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Which ROM are you talking about...I found bugs in every ROM, one way or other. No ROM is a complete package for now.

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2017

theshinybeast , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Damn and blast I haven´t been getting alerts from here:mad: Anyway, as Mr. @calvinistmac was saying Omni is indeed great, on it now but that will surely change today. I quite liked AOSIP but havent been on it for a while, RR, Slim, Emotion and ReaperOS got in my way:confused: So far RR, Reaper and Omni, those last two still in early stages but well worth the effort and worth keeping an eye on for future builds.
    By the way I´m not encrypted and data is ext4, f2fs is wildly overrated if you ask me, just to ease my life of flashaholic tendencies:rolleyes:;)
    Hey, @KforHorizon !! We got some life back in the mother of threads:D:D:D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017

KforHorizon and se7enlyn like this.
  4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2017

I haven´t been using my OPO for a while but these two , @se7enlyn and @ziepicwaffle are probably well up to date on what´s what for your OPO;) Gentlemen , if you please:rolleyes:

Max.Mar and se7enlyn like this.
  5. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2017

ddhbanger , Feb 4, 2017 :
    Sorted the issue With TWRP. Seems 3.0.4 resolves the password problem. I briefly tried DU and am now on Validus (which is now Substratum rather than CMTE) which seems quite solid. Will give Reapers a blast this week.

theshinybeast likes this.
  6. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2017

Good stuff, I really liked ReaperOS but as it's a first build I continued on my search. I will most definitely try out the next build.;)

7. se7enlyn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2017

se7enlyn , Feb 5, 2017 :
    Hi
    Legend is slightly better with the battery compared to jgcaap's. But now it seems that the official lineage os is doing very well too in the battery department.
    I haven't been flashing any ROM ever since i used aosplusone ( an excellent AOSP build BTW, good battery). But that might change today as I've downloaded the lineage os just now. :cool::D

@theshinybeast back in the game huh? :D

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 5, 2017

theshinybeast , Feb 5, 2017 :
    Yep, finally gave in to the sirens that are ROMs.:rolleyes:

KforHorizon and se7enlyn like this.
  9. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2017

Max.Mar , Feb 7, 2017 :
    Thanks man for the opinion. Lineage might be doing well but still it lack in the major department which is camera...I know neither Jgcaap's or Legend Os have any other blobs too but soon there will. So for now I will stick to Jgcaap's build.

se7enlyn and theshinybeast like this.
  10. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2017

11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2017

theshinybeast , Feb 10, 2017 :
    Where did you find VertexROM? I've searched high and low and downloaded it from AFH but cannot for the life of me find any info on it.

KforHorizon likes this.
  12. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Feb 11, 2017

ddhbanger , Feb 11, 2017 :
    On the Render Kernel thread in XDA. I think the dev will start his own thread after the next release.

13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 11, 2017

theshinybeast , Feb 11, 2017 :
    Yeah , I got it of AFH in the end and flashed it last night .It's quite a lean affair, no frills I'll give it a go today and see .

14. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Feb 11, 2017

Yeah. Pretty spartan to us flashaholics, but I found it to be fast and solid so far.

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 11, 2017

Yeah me too. And Substratum works on it.:rolleyes:

ddhbanger likes this.
  16. KforHorizon
    KitKat Feb 11, 2017

KforHorizon , Feb 11, 2017 :
    Please tell me it's unified!!

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 11, 2017

I've no idea as I can't find any info on it. I'll try and find out and let you know. The name of the zip only mentions OP3.

By the way , our Finnish friend @jstepa was back yesterday. He's still in denial and says he's satisfied with CBs and also thinks he won't end up back in the game but he will.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017

KforHorizon likes this.
  18. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Feb 11, 2017

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "OnePlus3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "OnePlus3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "oneplus3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "oneplus3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "OnePlus3T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "OnePlus3T" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "oneplus3t" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "oneplus3t" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: OnePlus3,oneplus3,OnePlus3T,oneplus3t; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + ".");); assert(oppo.verify_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1-

maybe check with the Dev just to be sure as well.

KforHorizon and theshinybeast like this.
  19. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Feb 11, 2017

KforHorizon and theshinybeast like this.
  20. Bakr
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2017

Bakr , Feb 26, 2017 :
    hey guys
    I want to dirty flash my rom update using this fastboot code
    Code:
    fastboot update </path/to/your/RomFile.zip>
    will it work?