Mental support group for (ROM) flashaholics

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2017

theshinybeast , Feb 27, 2017 :
    I would flash the latest ROM.zip and GApps, it's always better to do a clean flash after hiccups like this. You have a problem with the volume button being broken. Try the above method again, but without flashing TWRP again, it might work. If not do the same process again.

Bakr and KforHorizon like this.
  2. Bakr
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2017

Bakr , Feb 27, 2017 :
    الحمد لله it worked
    I booted to recovery the same way without reflashing TWRP

the bootloop was a problem from the Rom itself so I downloaded the latest update insted
    I wiped system/cache/dalvik then flashed the Rom with Gapps
    I didn't do a clean flash because I didn't want to lose my apps data
    Everything is working fine except for the google apps, I guess it's because I flashed the old Gapps i think a new Gapps flash will fix it
    Thanks a lot @theshinybeast @KforHorizon

theshinybeast and KforHorizon like this.
  3. KforHorizon
    KitKat Feb 27, 2017

KforHorizon , Feb 27, 2017 :
    No problem! Happy flashing!! :rolleyes:

Bakr and theshinybeast like this.
  4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2017

KforHorizon and Bakr like this.
  5. atkos
    Donut Mar 2, 2017

atkos , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Hi, can anyone on this thread help me? I managed to **** up flashing a ROM onto my Oneplus 3T and long story short I have it stuck in a boot loop, but I can't flash anything onto it because I managed to wipe the bootloader I was using. I don't know what to do, should I send it back to Oneplus? Help me please

6. KforHorizon
    KitKat Mar 3, 2017

KforHorizon , Mar 3, 2017 :
    You wiped the bootloader? What? Did you try booting back into recovery?

7. atkos
    Donut Mar 3, 2017

atkos , Mar 3, 2017 :
    Yeah but when I try to go into recovery it just sends me back to the options menu. I can't flash a ROM onto it because there's nothing to flash a ROM to :/

8. KforHorizon
    KitKat Mar 3, 2017

Okay.. Go into fastboot mode and flash TWRP again.
    Steps :

-> Boot into fastboot
    -> Connect your phone to your PC/laptop
    -> open command prompt in the adb folder.
    -> make sure that TWRP recovery is in the same folder
    -> type in the command prompt window (without the quotes) " fastboot flash recovery nameoftherecoveryfile.IMG "
    -> Done. Reboot to recovery

If it doesn't work. Then try using an Unbrick Tool for your device.

9. atkos
    Donut Mar 3, 2017

atkos , Mar 3, 2017 :
    I was able to flash the TWRP recovery img but the same thing happened when I would try to enter recovery mode. I'll try an Unbrick Tool. Thank you

10. atkos
    Donut Mar 3, 2017

atkos , Mar 3, 2017 :
    Okay so thank you, after further messing around with it, I managed to get into TWRP recovery and found an OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_039_all_1701140132_de9 file and image in the files (it was under install/data/media/TWRP). I checked if this was the same OS ROM that the guide said to use and it wasn't. Now in fear of messing something up I am here.
    Should I wipe the cache? Also I don't have an OTG cable so I don't know if wiping everything will allow me to flash the stock OS back onto my phone through my computer.

11. KforHorizon
    KitKat Mar 3, 2017

Since you can boot into TWRP now, flash whichever ROM you want to and gapps after that (if it isn't OxygenOS, OxygenOS comes with gapps), before flashing any ROM, wipe data,cache,system and dalvik cache. Happy flashing!

12. atkos
    Donut Mar 3, 2017

atkos , Mar 3, 2017 :
    What about internal storage? I don't wipe that? In another guide it said to wipe it

13. KforHorizon
    KitKat Mar 4, 2017

KforHorizon , Mar 4, 2017 :
    Don't wipe it unless it's extremely necessary since if you do you will lose all your data (music, videos, pictures, etc)

14. jmkd
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2017

KforHorizon likes this.
  15. KforHorizon
    KitKat Mar 28, 2017

KforHorizon , Mar 28, 2017 :
    Yup, everyone's gone. How come you're here? Back from the dead?

16. jmkd
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2017

jmkd , Mar 30, 2017 :
    Yeah, kinda! lol but maybe the old guards of this fort gathers, then its a different story ;)

17. KforHorizon
    KitKat Mar 30, 2017

KforHorizon , Mar 30, 2017 :
    Lol that would be great but that's not happening. Everyone is M.I.A except the ones still on Telegram ofc.

18. JorgeManuelSilva91
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2017

JorgeManuelSilva91 , Mar 31, 2017 :
    I am now an happy camper on the OxygenOS 4.1.x, running with a breeze on my OnePlus 3.

I have bootloader unlocked and still use twrp 3.0.2-22 (will probably have to update to 3.0.4-1 when I want to backup/restore, but I leave that to another day).

Using Magisk as the rooting solution bypasses SafetyNet issues.

AntMunny likes this.
  19. jmkd
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2017

jmkd , Apr 1, 2017 :
    Ahh! I haven't been on telegram for so long now.

20. KforHorizon
    KitKat Apr 1, 2017

KforHorizon , Apr 1, 2017 :
    No point in coming online either. @rez1_k @DaxNagtegaal @Louiseb are the only ones that are there along with a few of the guest reviewers. @Greg0410 comes in sometimes but that's that. Swirly disappeared and so did the rest.

jmkd likes this.