[Answered] Menu button only works occasionally (application dependent!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jogi5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 30, 2017

Jogi5 , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Status is still: "Gathering more information"

What information Do you need? I will try to help. Annoying is, that even Apps with 3 Dot Menu are not working as in past. As The screen ist so big, it is dufficult to reach the upper right corner with my thumb. With working Softkeys it was possible to open that menu and single hand operation was working.

2. walk_the_moon
    Eclair Jan 30, 2017

walk_the_moon , Jan 30, 2017 :
    What I want is OnePlusto acknowledge this is a problem as some "geniuses" here are saying it's by design at you should simply use 3-dot menu. No It's clearly not by design and no I don't want to use the 3-dot menu because not every app has it (Nova launcher certainly doesn't) and my hands just happen not to be shovel-sized, so reaching all the way up to top right corner while holding the phone in one hand is simply not feasible for me.
    Maybe not many people care about this but I'm afraid that if we don't complain enough OP3 won't bother fixing it

catalinus likes this.
  3. Jogi5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 30, 2017

4. Jogi5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 10, 2017

5. xenix
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2017

6. andy.stallwood
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2017

andy.stallwood , Mar 31, 2017 :
    This is fixed in Beta 4. Nothing in the change log to suggest it would be, but it is fixed on all the apps I use it for.

7. KeyperOS
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2017

KeyperOS , Apr 2, 2017 :
    There is a mention on 4.1.1: "Fixed hardware buttons malfunction bug"

Could people on 4.1.1 (no OTA here yet, still on 4.1.0) please confirm?

8. andy.stallwood
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2017

9. KeyperOS
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2017

KeyperOS , Apr 13, 2017 :
    I have not tried beta 4 but with stable OOS 4.1.3 the bug is NOT fixed, the apps that the menu open/close action previously did not work, still does not - the ones that it already DID work with, it still does.

10. andy.stallwood
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2017

andy.stallwood , Apr 13, 2017 :
    Beta 4 is better than 4.1.3. Try it.

11. Mich O.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2017

Mich O. , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Dear OnePlus Users,

Good day!

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. We apologize for the long wait. This issue should have already been resolved. However, if you're already on the latest build and the issue is still present, then please create a new bug report and we will look into it. We will now mark this as "Solved" and close it.

Thank you and good day.

Kind regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters