message didn't receive

1. N1578739430575
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

N1578739430575 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    in my one plus 3t didn't receive any messages once i restart my phone that time some old messages i get how to fix the issue because message are more important

2. N1578739430575
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

3. Paschfire
    KitKat Jan 28, 2020

4. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 28, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    I appreciate there may be a language barrier for you but don't understand what you are asking ?

Are you talking about your stored messages have disappeared or are you talking about not receiving sms? Or some other thing

https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms

5. N1578739430575
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

6. Sidharth_9282
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2020

Sidharth_9282 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    please mention your problem nice and clear... as you mentioned i am thinking you can't get any messages....if I am right then I think your SMRC number is incorrect.... contact customer care of your preferred network they will provide you the SMRC

7. G_Keith_G_Powell_aNdj
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2020

G_Keith_G_Powell_aNdj , Jan 29, 2020 :
    I think op means that text messages are not arriving in a timely manner and then only when the phone is turned off and restarted. Not all the delayed texts arrive together, or in any chronological time. Phone has to be restarted several times and then sometimes no text arrives even although they are some more "out there".
    I am experiencing this for a couple of months now. I can send texts ok. I get out of date reminders for various medical appointments and security checks from credit card company and two part sign ins..
    Very inconvenient.
    I searched the web and tried various suggestion to no avail.
    The problem occurs on both my OP3T and OP3 whether I use Google's or OP's messaging app.
    The possibility is a defective SIM so I shall be ordering a replacement or with my o2 service provider.
    Any more suggestions?

8. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Paschfire said: ↑

What?

You post makes absolutely no sense. Pls explain what the issue is using greater details.

I think op means that text messages are not arriving in a timely manner and then only when the phone is turned off and restarted. Not all the delayed texts arrive together, or in any chronological time. Phone has to be restarted several times and then sometimes no text arrives even although they are some more "out there".
    I am experiencing this for a couple of months now. I can send texts ok. I get out of date reminders for various medical appointments and security checks from credit card company and two part sign ins..
    Very inconvenient.
    I searched the web and tried various suggestion to no avail.
    The problem occurs on both my OP3T and OP3 whether I use Google's or OP's messaging app.
    The possibility is a defective SIM so I shall be ordering a replacement or with my o2 service provider.
    Any more suggestions?

9. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 30, 2020

keithgpowell , Jan 30, 2020 :
    I have now installed my new replacement swap SIM.
    Still the same problem!
    I shall repeatedly restart phone hoping I shall catch up on all texts so that will empty text message storage at telecom provider. Then perhaps that will sort out the delay and chronology?

10. M1578823871503
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

M1578823871503 , Feb 5, 2020 :
    I'm also facing same issue.
    None of the message are receiving to me but in the other end it's showing that the message got delivered instantly..
    Tried contacting customer care,changed different Sims,resetted the mobile,used many messages app and much more.
    Still the problem exists.
    If anyone knows the solution please let me know, Thank you

11. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2020

keithgpowell , Feb 5, 2020 :

M1578823871503

I'm also facing same issue.
    None of the message are receiving to me but in the other end it's showing that the message got delivered instantly..
    Tried contacting customer care,changed different Sims,resetted the mobile,used many messages app and much more.
    Still the problem exists.
    If anyone knows the solution please let me know, Thank you​

It's so frustrating. I did some research on Wikipedia. It appears that the SMS texts are stored on an SMSC, waiting to detect your phone. I don't know who owns/administers the SMSC.

Read the Wikipedia about SMS and note the section on reliability. It describes the problem I/we are having but not how to overcome or resolve the issue.

My telecommunications provider is o2/Telefonica in UK. You are with?

12. M1578823871503
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

M1578823871503 , via OnePlus 3 , Feb 5, 2020 :
    I'm using both networks Airtel and jio (India).
    SMSC numbers are also verified by both the network operators but yet they have no idea about it.
    even mob service centers (ie all in one mobile service centers not OnePlus) have no idea about it

13. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2020

keithgpowell , Feb 7, 2020 :
    Some interesting information at smssolutions.net but unfortunately no solutions to our problem.

14. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2020

keithgpowell , Feb 7, 2020 :

M1578823871503

I'm using both networks Airtel and jio (India).
    SMSC numbers are also verified by both the network operators but yet they have no idea about it.
    even mob service centers (ie all in one mobile service centers not OnePlus) have no idea about it​

Some interesting information at smssolutions.net, but unfortunately no solutions for our problem.