Message expired or not available

1. E1572537235891
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2020

E1572537235891 , Jan 26, 2020 :
    As soon as I updated to Android 10 on my OnePlus 6T I became unable to receive mms messages. Data works fine (Verizon) and I can send and receive normal texts (I can also send pictures just fine) but when someone tries to send me a gif or picture or something I either get an error in the conversation saying message expired or not available. Or the message won't come through on my end at all. I use the Google messenger app, but it does the same even in the default OnePlus texting app. I'm not sure what to do to go about fixing this, has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

2. Caomhin
    KitKat Jan 26, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 26, 2020 :
    Check that the APN for MMS is set correctly in your Mobile network settings, you may need to check with your mobile provider to find out what settings they use.

3. Kultiv8r
    Eclair Jan 27, 2020

Kultiv8r , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 27, 2020 :
    I'm having the exact problem so it has nothing to do with carrier settings. and to top it off camera crashed immediately after launching it

4. Caomhin
    KitKat Jan 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 27, 2020 :
    Have you updated to 10.3.1 via OTA or through 3rd party app Oxygen Updater from the Playstore.

If not then you can update the camera software to the latest version from the link below.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl.../oneplus-camera-3-8-107-android-apk-download/

View attachment 1239147

5. MSOE_NGINEER
    Eclair Jan 27, 2020

MSOE_NGINEER , Jan 27, 2020 :
    This is a well documented/known issue since A10 got released. It seems that at every update, regular or open beta, the issue happens again. The "fix" is to replace the sim card, but the underlying issue still remains. Someone reported they think the reason for the issue is that the phone's physical MAC address changes (not the hide my mac feature in security settings) with each update. For whatever reason, this breaks MMS/Group messages in google messages, or any other sms app except for One Plus' own messages app. That's the only solution to keep mms/group messages working using the "broken" sim card. Otherwise you'll need to replace the SIM, but there are no guarantee's that when a new update rolls out it won't break the new SIM.... I really wish we would get an update about this.

I have posted a ticket for this bug twice now. You can follow this thread:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...on-open-beta-4-using-google-messages.1172747/

it links back to my initial bug report too.

6. Greysplash
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

Greysplash , Jan 27, 2020 :
    I also experienced this issue, which was resolved by switching the SIM, but reappeared a couple weeks later. I just forced the 10.3.1 update via Oxygen Updater, and it fixed the issue! I'm able to get MMS in the Google Messaging app.

Caomhin likes this.
  7. a16659235
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2020

a16659235 , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Still broken, this is complete garbage, before 10.x upgrade sms worked with no issues.

Now I get the same red letterd "Message expired or is not available"

C'mon now, this happen to many of my family (3 6Ts) Google OnePlus, fix this in on 10.3.1 and it's still broken