[Answered] Messenger or Texting not working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avpvip
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

avpvip , Jan 21, 2017 :
    I can call people and receive their text but I cannot text them back at all. It is telling me error only. This only happened right after I updated my phone to oxygen os 4.0.2. Please fix it asap because I need the messenger for my work.

2. carlopolli
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

carlopolli , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Hi, i've a Similar problem after the update download.. The sms testing is impossibile, the app restart if i try to write a message and i have a problem with the calling, my cronology is always empty and my telephon book is empty and i can't Save a new number and resome it by my Google account.. Paese help me... Thanks a lot

Dhineshrodi likes this.
  3. Dhineshrodi
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

Dhineshrodi , Jan 21, 2017 :
    i too had same issue with nowgat update. contacts not showing batrie draining so fast,

4. carlopolli
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2017

5. amitssj
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2017

6. rbeuque
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2017

rbeuque , Jan 22, 2017 :
    Hello,
    I got the same issue: SMS are not sending/receiving.

Just after update, SMS was handled by the new SMS/MMS application, that wasn't able to load the threads. I rollbacked to the previous application "Messenger" that are able to read my threads, but I can't receive or send message.

Phone is burning, and battery is draining as well.
    Phone restarted couple of times, still have this problem.

Is there any rollback procedure to return on Marshmallow ?

7. carlopolli
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2017

carlopolli , Jan 22, 2017 :
    Yes i try, but nothing is change

8. Poornima36
    Cupcake May 5, 2017

Poornima36 , May 5, 2017 :
    1. Its been 5 months i cant send outgoing messages. Had perfectly functioning messages app prior to this software download by oneplus. Where they decided to bring their own version of messaging app but screwed up everything. I have done factory reset still doesnt work. I dont have the option of VOLTE on phone so this does not work. Technicians dismissed my problem that they cannot remote control to my laptop without a windows screen. Why on earth would I have to own windows when there are operating system that does excellent task? They created this bug downloading that software update and oneplus is obliged to fix the bug in the next version update. I have nearly had 7 software updates since then and oneplus has not fixed the bug this way. I am strongly recommending anybody out there, my friends & family to not use oneplus handset. They are incapable of fixing a bug they created. Supoort team is really. They just washed away this problem.

9. Jeff Lee
    Eclair Jul 3, 2018

Jeff Lee , Jul 3, 2018 :
    Hi @avpvip,

Good day! This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. How are you? If you are still experiencing this issue, we highly recommend that you update your phone to its latest build. If the issue will persist, please create a new bug report with the updated information so that we can re-look into it.

This thread will now be closed and marked as "Fixed".Thank you and have a nice day.