Messiest Support ever for an RMA

1. nasaraboo
    Eclair Sep 20, 2015

nasaraboo , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Long story short - my RMA 1plus1 shipped back to the oneplus warehouse last month. The support ticket is still open saying we are waiting for the warehouse to inform us. See my last reply to the support team.....aaarrrghhh

"""""
    Hello there - what in the world is happening here? Why is this support ticket marked as closed. My device was shipped to you last month and each of your update says you are awaiting for your warehourse to update you. The messages from the Mars probe "Cassini" which is near planet Pluto is reaching Earth faster than your internal process.

As you will see I had ordered 8 of the 1Plus ones - and my friends and family have believed in me that this prodcut is the absolute best. But if your support is this messy - I am not too sure I need to support the team going forward – this is just plain ridiculous.

2. fite
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2015

fite , Sep 20, 2015 :
    calling them names will make them spit on your phone battery

Xerxes27 likes this.
  3. Xerxes27
    Froyo Sep 20, 2015

4. nasaraboo
    Eclair Sep 20, 2015

nasaraboo , Sep 20, 2015 :
    I would take a little spit on the battery if it means that they process the support request faster....in any case I havent called them any names

nexus123, TakeMyMoney and shrenil19 like this.
  5. nasaraboo
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

nasaraboo , Sep 22, 2015 :
    The support team have just replied saying - they are waiting to hear back from the warehouse....looks like my support case is going nowhere...:(

6. gemz143
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

gemz143 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I feel your pain... I struggled with them as well. Although I have heard back, mine is being held hostage! I keep requesting they send me an invoice/info for payment and nothing...

7. khalid94
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

8. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Sep 22, 2015

Skf123 likes this.
  9. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Sep 22, 2015

TakeMyMoney , Sep 22, 2015 :
    The warehouse slowed down the process for me too last year, but all in all, within three weeks I had my money back.

Now my 2 is going back as well, hoping it will go as smooth as last time.

10. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 1, 2015

nasaraboo , Oct 1, 2015 :
    And the saga continues....

my message to the 1+ support from today..

Hi Team,
    On 03Oct it would have been a month since my phone was delivered to your warehouse for RMA. The only update I have from the service team is that they are waiting for the warehouse team to update them. This never ending cycle of repeat messages continues without any action to have my device / money returned - who is in charge here - who will be able to push this through.
    Thanks

11. ageorgiou
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

ageorgiou , Oct 1, 2015 :
    What region are you in USA? I got approved for a replacement I assume that means a new phone . I'm in Europe and my phone got sent to some warehouse in the UK it arrived yesterday and signed for I got this information from my DHL tracking. Their process says 7 days turnaround from the day they receive the phone (for them to ship a phone back to me). Even though my phone has been delivered the status says pickup arranged. The total process from date of me reporting a problem to today has been 16 days.

12. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 1, 2015

Hi there,
    The phone was purchased from the USA region invite...but the RMA was shipped to the HK warehouse (as requested by OP) since it is closer to where I am currently residing (Middle East). As you say if the process is 7days from the day they receive the phone - mine is long overdue. The phone was received in their HK warehouse on 04Sep as per Fedex tracking!!!

13. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 1, 2015

Skf123 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    You're probably going to lose a few friends and family members.

14. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 1, 2015

yes...1 friend out...ill probably have to give him my +2 to save face....suddenly I have become very close to god....hoping that none of the other 7 +1 units with friends/family don't fail!!!

15. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Oct 1, 2015

sleepdragonone , Oct 1, 2015 :

One out of eight, that's almost 100%.........hehe.

16. ageorgiou
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

ageorgiou , Oct 1, 2015 :
    On a serious note the RMA process must cost Oneplus a fortune. For a small company making very small margins one RMA probably wipes out the profit from that customer. I live in Cyprus which is very close to the middle east but is part of the EU . I do not understand why they would send your phone to Hong Kong and mine to the UK? Anyway I hope the turn around time is 7 days as promised in their their e
    mail.

17. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Oct 1, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Given that you have been such a loyal customer in the past, you are probably getting the VIP support treatment. Congrats.

18. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 7, 2015

nasaraboo , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Still no end to this story...in fact there is no light at this tunnel.....yesterdays email from support says "So far we still haven't got confirmation from warehouse. We will keep you updated once the returned package is confirmed received."

This is just incredible - the fedex tracking page says it was delivered on 04Sep...today is 07Oct...so over 30days and the 1Plus support team is still awaiting confirmation from its own warehouse...

I feel cheated.

19. lakis3
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2015

lakis3 , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Good things come to those who wait!
    Have patience my friend.
    Your problem will be solved SOONTM

20. dcmcc24
    KitKat Oct 7, 2015

dcmcc24 , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Did you dispute through paypal? That's the only way you will get your money.