Messiest Support ever for an RMA

1. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 7, 2015

nasaraboo , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Patience is getting very thin...30+ days does not help in maintaining a calm demeanor.

I had paid directly and not through paypal...in any case ...i wasnt pushing for the money back and only wanted a fixed device.....but now I am thinking maybe I should ??

2. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Oct 7, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Oct 7, 2015 :
    I would let paypal do some leg work fpr a refund. You can prove delivery, its oneplus problem they cnt find your parcel. If you leave it too long paypal may not help with a refund.

3. TheKaruse
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2015

4. mshahmoo
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2015

mshahmoo , Oct 7, 2015 :
    ask a mod to help you. they helped me and only thanks to them I got my issue resolved.

5. aenews
    KitKat Oct 7, 2015

aenews , Oct 7, 2015 :
    WTF

Cassini-Huygens is SATURN. Not Mars. And how did Pluto enter the equation? Are you thinking New Horizons? How can you possibly fuse every NASA mission together! Also Cassini takes around 1.5 Hours to communicate with Earth. Speed of Light... So not very long. Even all the way out to Pluto is around 4.5 Hours.

6. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 8, 2015

nasaraboo , Oct 8, 2015 :
    thanks for pointing out @aenews....I am going to roll about in the mud and say I was hoping someone would pick the mi-representation in my messages...but even that went vain....:p

In any case ....looks like there has been a breakthrough...yesterdays message from support:
    "Sorry for the waiting and any inconvenience caused. Please accept our sincere apology on the delay.
    Your returned item(s) are received and have passed the inspection. Now we are going to release the replacement order to be processed. You will be notified via email with tracking number info. once it's shipped."

Now lets see how long this takes to get to the next step.

aenews and mshahmoo like this.
  7. bazos
    Donut Oct 8, 2015

bazos , Oct 8, 2015 :
    I hear you, cheated sums it up, scammed, ripped off, whatever you like. These guys are unbelievable, they hope we will go away by their non responses and generic robotic answers but I for one am furiously motivated to ensure that whatever I lose they will lose 10,000 times over and so should anyone else who had the misfortune of having an issue and dealing with their customer care.

What happens when an issue arises a few days outside the 60 days Paypal issue refunds!? Where is the Oneplus warranty?? Non existent it seems.

8. dcmcc24
    KitKat Oct 8, 2015

dcmcc24 , Oct 8, 2015 :
    You get 6 months on PayPal to dispute now.

9. mshahmoo
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2015

mshahmoo , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Happy to read this!
    it took me 4-5 days to receive the replacement once support wrote something similar.

10. aenews
    KitKat Oct 8, 2015

aenews , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Hope your issue gets resolved soon though! That reply looks good at least.

11. Adam Krisko
    Head of Community NA Staff Member Oct 8, 2015

Adam Krisko , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Can you please PM me the ticket number so I can follow up on this?

aenews likes this.
  12. nasaraboo
    Eclair Oct 12, 2015

nasaraboo , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Thanks guys for all your support....it looks like the replacement device has left the oneplus warehouse and is currently in transit to my address...fingers crossed I get it soon.

13. Jay_95
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2015

Jay_95 , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Which is why I will never go through an RMA process if my phone gets ruined. I have heard too many stories (never good) about OnePlus' support. I'd rather cut my losses and buy a real flagship with better support behind it.

This being said, I hope nothing happens to my OP2, because I don't want to have to buy another phone. Thankfully, its been good so far!