MetroPCS Nord N10 5G Bootloader Greyed Out via OnePlus Community App

1. OnePlusOGBigDee , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 17, 2021 :
    So it's possible this might be the wrong spot for this thread but as it won't let me post it in any of the threads I feel are relevant I'm just throwing this up in the air and seeing where exactly it lands.

I noticed that the bootloader or OEM unlock section in my developer options both on my Nord N10 5G as well as my two N100s is grayed out you can't do anything with it you can't even go in through fastboot in the actual bootloader section and use OEM unlock to do anything, and at the same time it actually says that that command is incorrect or invalid, I also noticed in a separate forum on OnePlus's main website something saying that T-Mobile phones require a bootloader token and I'm wondering if that might be the case here as technically MetroPCS phones are T-Mobile phones.

if anyone can help me out here I'll be greatly appreciate it I desperately would like to actually root my three phones or even just one of them but without in a way to unlock the bootloader that's an impossibility. and I was under the impression that one plus allowed to bootloaders to be unlocked or left them unlocked regardless of carrier though I know Verizon has their own way with things but again these aren't Verizon phones, thank you.

S1618346801724 likes this.
  2. spidermonkeyj75 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 19, 2021 :
    I'm dealing with the same issue. I spent 2 hours with t-mobile online and in store and on the phone. They are not very nice about OEM unlocks and you have to own the device free and clear and it be in network for 40 days. I bought my N10 5g flat out and it's short of the 40 days network required and they will not budge. I know I could easily hack it but I wanted a proper OEM unlock root oprion. T mobile sucks. Messenge me if you have any success. spidermonkeyj75@gmail.com

OnePlusOGBigDee likes this.
  3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 19, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    In fairness T-Mobile market the phone as locked to their network for those 40 days. It's in their T&Cs which you agree to when buying the phone.

drl431 and spidermonkeyj75 like this.
  4. OnePlusOGBigDee , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Hmm so then does that mean MetroPCS phones are also under the same constraints as their T-Mobile counterparts or is this something entirely different and new? I've got two Motorola phones bought thru MetroPCS and neither of their bootloaders were locked or made to be temporarily locked until a certain time, though Motorola is one of the rare phone manufacturers that has a bootloader unlock program much less the level of support for developers they do.

Either way I'll message you if something breaks loose here shortly, I'm trying to figure out a work around, even tried ADB and Mfastboot command's but get nowhere.

spidermonkeyj75 likes this.
  5. spidermonkeyj75 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Actually, I did t agree to anything. I don't hold a contract and I paid cash for the device. It's all about corporate control in the United States and I or anyone shouldn't have these problems with hard coded data on a device that is paid for. Imho

Caoimhín likes this.
  6. spidermonkeyj75 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Corporate control is what it's all about. These companies don't want us to have the freedom of choice and that's why they hard code these devices so that we the people are tied down to what they want us to be able to do.

Caoimhín likes this.
  7. Caomhin

You are correct, the US have different commercial practices.

But if when buying the phone, they state that the buyer must wait 40 days, that's basically their T&Cs when buying the phone. The contract between the buyer and the company is made when they pay and by doing so the buyer agrees to their T&Cs as a condition of the sale.

It doesn't have to be a signed contract as a sale is essentially a contract between the company and the buyer, it would include a warranty, and any conditions they decide to put in the small writing. It's the way they operate.

8. spidermonkeyj75 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 19, 2021 :
    I suppose I was ignorant to such policy. I can imagine most of the sheep here are as well.

Caoimhín likes this.
  9. Caomhin

It's not a OnePlus policy, but a policy of the 3rd party company selling them. T-Mobile and looks like MetroPCS and may also be their policies on other manufacturers phones they sell as well.

10. Ju4gg2al0 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Sorry to tell you MetroPCS locks u down for 180 days before the unlock app works. Bought mine out the door & still don't "technically" own it for 6 months. I want a million people to buy $300 item from me so I can continue to own it & tell THEM what, when, and where they can use MY item! Thank You!

spidermonkeyj75 likes this.
  11. Fizzyaps
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

Fizzyaps , Apr 4, 2021 :
    WRONG!!!!!!!
    find some one with tmobile postpaid account and have them request the unlock via facebook have them say they got it on prepiad and want it unlocked worked for me 100%

12. Fizzyaps
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

Fizzyaps , Apr 4, 2021 :
    but as unlocking the bootloader oneplus keeps tellling me my imei is worng?

14. abigor82
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

15. D1621217945793
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

D1621217945793 , May 17, 2021 :
    I figured out how to enae and toggle OEM unlock on the metro OnePlus Nord via adb debloat uninstall sim lock auth carrier default app and couple other there's a thread on xda for pure debloat of this device if u follow that it's will enable OEM unlock ......But still have to have unlock token

SDMF likes this.
  16. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 17, 2021 :
    Token usually takes 7 days from the carrier

18. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 17, 2021 :
    That's down to the carrier, check their T&Cs