Mic not working after Android 10 update

1. F_Joel_Mathew_Kottarathi
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

F_Joel_Mathew_Kottarathi , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Hi.

I recently updated my OP5 to android 10. I updated as soon as the update was rolled out. Since then, I'm facing issues with my microphone. Sometimes I'm unable to hear anything from the other end, and sometimes I can hear anything at all. Sometimes it works fine, and when I change it to my speakerphone or attend calls from my car Bluetooth, the mic stops working. WhatsApp calls are working fine and well. It would be helpful if this could be solved because it's hindering the primary function of a phone which is to communicate. If anyone is facing a similar issue or can suggest something regarding this issue, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Varamyr and D1592775548712 like this.
  2. andrewain
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

andrewain , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Hi ,
    Exactly the same problem ,
    Yesterday update to Android 10 and today unable to use the phone.

3. Varamyr
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2020

Varamyr , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Same problem, this is really frustrating: I can't send vocal message on any social apps such as WhatsApp or Instagram.
    I hope this issue is getting addressed asap.

4. critchey1
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2020

critchey1 , Jun 29, 2020 :
    This is happening to me also. I'll be playing music on a bluetooth speaker or via 3.5mm jack. Then I'll disconnect and try to make a call. A couple of things are happening. First sometimes it will not go to speakerphone mode even when the speakerphone is selected and highlighted. Second the person I am calling cannot hear me. If I reboot my phone, then it will work fine. It seems to be an issue where listening to music on an external device of some kind, confuses the phone app on the phone when you remove it. I've tried everything and can't figure this out. Anyone know where I can reach out to yet?