Mic Problem One plus 5, can hear every little things...

1. ShuttleX
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2021 at 9:23 PM

ShuttleX , Jan 13, 2021 at 9:23 PM :
    Hi there,

I am ShuttleX, following a fall of the cell phone (OnePlus 5), the screen has broken.

I carefully followed the tutorials in order to replace the entire screen by myself 5 days ago.
    Everything is back to normal, until yesterday, I admit not having tested each part of the phone one by one.
    Since yesterday the microphone, during calls, allows us to hear all the slightest noises, even located several meters away and which should be suppressed by the hardware / software of the phone during a call (for example a cat meowing softly at more than 5 meter).
    This happened after the repair because we didn't have the problem before. So the mic works too well, as if all sound is equalized in terms of audio output. All sounds set, for example, to 5 decibels.
    In addition, the speakerphone function, via telephone or whatsapp, prevents the use of the microphone with the correspondent. When using the loudspeaker, the telephone correspondent can no longer hear us speaking. This also happens with headphones.

Possible that there is a material problem? A poorly connected tablecloth on my part? Knowing that one part works and the other does not.
    Possible to have explanations on engineer mode (in private) in order to test and have a resolution of the micro problem?
    Basically the tablecloth or the microphone module does not seem to have been touched by the fall and no damage is visible.

Could you give me a list of tests to perform in order to find the flaw and correct it?

Thank you.

2. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jan 14, 2021 at 12:35 AM

mojoyoyo77 , Jan 14, 2021 at 12:35 AM :
    Moved thread to OnePlus 5 General Support

ShuttleX likes this.
  3. ShuttleX
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM

ShuttleX , Jan 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM :
    Hi there, thanks for moving the thread to the right place :/

Anyone can reply to me, to better understand the issue ?

Would be great, thanks a lot.