Micro USB OTG Host SD TF Card Reader HUB Adapter

1. Greenas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2015

Greenas , Jan 26, 2015 :
    Wanted to test that today, but sadly on 44s OPO update there is no longer support for connecting external HDD and external microSD at same time (or any other type external memory at same time) only one can be used.
    Don't know is this bug from update or not but when you connect 2nd memory device it disconnect previous, and on older CM versions it did not.
    before update it was like this:

skip to>11:02
    EDIT:
    And installing StickMount does not solve problem when you are using it with extrenal HDD (tested with 2.5'') + other memory (without additional power source), but you can use USB flash memory and SD card simultaneously using StickMount

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

2. muzso
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2015

muzso , Jan 28, 2015 :
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Using a simple OTG cable I could reach 18 MB/s copying a file from the OnePlus One's internal memory to a fast pendrive (that can be written with 30 MB/s on my Macbook). Using the same pendrive and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (tablet) I got 11 MB/s. So the write speed depends very much on the USB host device as well.
    Copying on the Note 10.1 from a microSD card (inserted into the microSD slot) to the pendrive (via OTG) I got 11 MB/s again. At least it's not slower than when I was copying from the internal memory to the pendrive. :)

I guess I'd see similiar speeds (i.e. ~18 MB/s) If I connected both a microSD and an external HDD or SSD (via this USB HUB) to the OnePlus One. The limiting factor seems to be the USB host. And the OnePlus One is a lot better than my previous phone (a GNex) or the Samsung tablet, but still far from the transfer speeds of a PC or Mac.

3. tanov
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2015

tanov , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I tried to connect my panasonic lumix camera, but the content is not visible. On my sony tablet s, i have file transfer app, which sees the sd card content