Microphone issue.

1. Yasar Sakib Cupcake Jan 31, 2015

Yasar Sakib, Jan 31, 2015 :
    Just got my one plus device few days ago. I have updated the device but when ever I plug my bose headphones + microphone, the microphone does not work. It does not recognize any sound when plugged in. It works on other devices. I was wondering if there is any solution to the problem without rooting the device.

SLY SUPERB likes this.
  2. carbine30 Lollipop Jan 31, 2015

TheCount and m|oW_€¥ like this.
  3. danj864 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2015

danj864, Jan 31, 2015 :
    If they're like my Bose QC15's, the phone cord that came with them was for iPhones. The jack is different on iPhones from most Android phones. I bought a replacement cable from HeadphoneMate for Android phones and the phone works with my headphones.

There is a little bit of a noise from the jack when the headphones are powered on and no sound is playing. When music or other sounds are playing, the noise goes away.

4. Yasar Sakib Cupcake Feb 1, 2015

5. LouisCunningham2016 Cupcake Feb 22, 2015

6. Yasar Sakib Cupcake Feb 22, 2015

Yasar Sakib, Feb 22, 2015 :
    okay headphones with microphone is still unsolved (tested with iphone headphones). However, the lasted update has enabled to use the phone microphone when using just headphone (no built in mic) like senheisser RS160.

7. pedromfaria Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

8. ponch9 Cupcake Oct 19, 2015

ponch9, Oct 19, 2015 :
    Problem SOLVED!!!!!
    After 2 months of battling the microphone issue on my OPO, I was sick of having a phone I could not speak to people with. I finally solved the issue. It's such a ridiculous fix, that I wish someone had told me this before.
    I tried all the "fixes", disable "Ok Goggle.. ", update “build.prop” in the /system folder and “audio_platform_info.xml” in the /system/etc folder according to this site http://moodyrepublic.com/oneplus-one-mic-fix/
    I also tried "LowMicFix.zip" from this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/fix-low-mic-call-t3055661
    I have rooted my phone, tried fresh installed CM 12.0, fresh installed 12.1, I've tried various nightly updates. Nothing helped!!!
    Until this, I looked closely to the little hole underneath the phone. It kind of looked like some dirt was stuck in there, but not really obvious. I took a little needle, be VERY careful, then starting cleaning out the dirt in the microphone hole, and voila!!! It worked like a charm.
    I tested the Sound Recorder before I cleaned it, and I got similar results as per this youtube video

But after I had cleaned it out, it showed VERY STRONG recording signal.
    Then I made a phone call to a buddy of mine that has said for the past 2 months, that every time I called him, "It sounds like your under water. It's just mumbling sounds coming out."
    Anyways, the solution was so simple. I wish I had known. I spent HOURS backing up data, reflashing ROM's, reinstalling all apps, reconfiguring all apps and ROM's. Luckily I do yoga on a regular basis, which kept me calm. :)
    Hope this helps many other people.
    Sincerely,
    Ponch

9. kraasz Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

kraasz, Oct 23, 2015 :
    Thanks, but that didn't help me...What I need is a working microphone to be plugged in.

10. kip23 Eclair Nov 6, 2015

kip23, Nov 6, 2015 :
    I've had this same garbled phone call microphone problem for a month. OnePlus told me to reflash the device to Oxygen OS. That would have meant the loss of all of my work setup. Unacceptable. I ended up buying a Google Fi Nexus 5x. Won't be buying another OnePlus product ever.

11. Lieven Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

Lieven, Nov 7, 2015 :
    Did you try tot flash it tot oxygen os eventually?

Same problem here.

If the flash works, than you are able to sell it... Then I also would buy a nexus 5X

12. Arun.sundar Cupcake Jul 19, 2017

Arun.sundar, Jul 19, 2017 :
    is this resolved? I face the same issue presently and need pointers for solution

13. SLY SUPERB Cupcake Apr 7, 2019

SLY SUPERB, Apr 7, 2019 :
    No after a couple of years gone by this feature is still open... so many new people have starting Vlogging or making other serious filming stuff with their OP6. We need this to work!

I also want this feature badly. I bought my Oneplus 6 to VLOG and its great for this purpose except the missing support for recording with an external MIC with the bundled OP6 Camera App. Which is by the way great and working very well. Please give us an answer if we can ever expect this feature to be added?

Thank you very much. Maybe someone of the Beta Team could take care of this.

This is my YT Channel by the way:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3jWprgEw4Xkczds2-A0bg/

All the best from Austria