Microphone no sound!

1. Jardani
    KitKat Dec 9, 2014

2. srinikompella67
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

srinikompella67 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    guys i want to know how many people are facing microphone issues.

3. srinikompella67
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

4. jepperapp
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2014

jepperapp , Dec 11, 2014 :
    Mine started doing the same. For some people it helps to root it and change the mic sound levels, but it doesnt work for all. I havent tried to root it yet, but I might this weekend. I think it is a software problem, although someone in this thread said it was hardware. When I blow hard in my mic people can hear it, and they can hear when I talk very loud directly into it. This tells me that it is not hardware. It is as if the mic boosts have all been set to zero.
    When you put the phone on speakers, then it is the mic in the top that is used, thus people can hear you clearly when you put them on speakers.
    I will return with a comment when I have tryed to root and fiddle with the mic settings. Remember that rooting does not void your warrenty, only if you install some shitty software that have the potential to damage your hardware.

5. Turyoz
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

Turyoz , Dec 15, 2014 :
    same problem here i have it for like 2 months now could not find fixes

when i record somthing i hear weard noises to

6. Nogan
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2014

Nogan , Dec 16, 2014 :
    Same problem, microphone do not work on "standard" calls but works in loud mode or with headphone mic.
    I hope that the issue is resolved soon or I have to return the phone.

7. Turyoz
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2014

Turyoz , Dec 23, 2014 :
    ONEPLUS IS JUST IGNORING US THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!! I GOT THIS PROBLEM OVER 3 MONTHS STILL NO FIX!!!!

8. Disaccurate
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2014

Disaccurate , Dec 25, 2014 :
    Anyhow, got an RMA for my phone. I sent my phone back around the end of Nov and got a replacement within 2 weeks. I got a new OPO by Dec 10. RMA took a while, but nonetheless went successfully. No issues other than the time it took.

9. Oxholm
    Donut Dec 25, 2014

Oxholm , Dec 25, 2014 :
    So I'm having this problem..
    I for some reason can't make an RMA, as I've bought the phone from someone else.
    I obviously have the reciept, so I don't know what to do.
    Does someone have an email or anything I can contact?
    I love this phone and it really bugs me, that it now fails on me...

10. c4chilli
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 25, 2014

c4chilli , Dec 25, 2014 :
    I would suggest the email of the place you bought it from o_O

11. Oxholm
    Donut Dec 25, 2014

Oxholm , Dec 25, 2014 :
    Well it was a person, so.. I don't think he can do anything - He wanted an iPhone instead, only reason why he sold it too me.

12. Oxholm
    Donut Dec 26, 2014

Oxholm , Dec 26, 2014 :
    Sorry, missed the "reply" button.

13. grotejoost
    Donut Jan 4, 2015

grotejoost , Jan 4, 2015 :
    I think an RMA is the only solution. I found out my bottom mic is not picking up sound as welll anymore as the other two. Therefore when noise cancellation is active, the phone thinks there is no voice coming into the phone. When the phone is on speakermode i assume the noise cancelling is off and therefore the mic works again.

I turned off noise cancelling in the system files, and the phone worked a lot better again. Not good enough to use again though. :( waiting untill they accept my RMA.

14. d3r_du3rks
    Eclair Jan 5, 2015

15. Turyoz
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2015

16. GeertBerkers
    Lollipop Jan 6, 2015

17. grotejoost
    Donut Jan 10, 2015

grotejoost , Jan 10, 2015 :
    I must correct you. It is not a solution, it is a patch for the problem of not being able to use the mic for calling. But, since you turn off the noise cancellation, the call quality will significantly be reduced. I tested the solution, although the other party could hear my voice a little better, other sounds where intervening with the conversation.

Only real solution is to send the phone back for an RMA. After about one week of talking with Oneplus through their support office, i was granted a swap, so hopefully somewhere next week i'll have a new phone!

18. maxime359
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

19. BlueSkyThinking
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

BlueSkyThinking , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Does this mic problem appear across all versions of the operating system or is it just for the older ones? Does anyone have this problem using KitKat?

20. liozkoreh
    Froyo Jan 10, 2015