Sound Microphones

1. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Oct 31, 2019

TopHappyMe , Oct 31, 2019 :
    People are complaining they can't hear me during calls to the point where I have to shout into my phone.

2. phw990
    Eclair Oct 31, 2019

phw990 , Oct 31, 2019 :
    try to use a voice recorder, to record and replay.
    check to disable/disconnect from all bt-audio devices.
    try to use a headset with a mic to check the issue.
    or you can take a call via cellular about your provider.
    or try to use a call via wifi about whatsapp,telegram,signal.
    any differences?

3. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Nov 3, 2019

Attached Files:

4. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Nov 3, 2019

5. phw990
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

phw990 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    and success?

6. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Dec 1, 2019

7. shabbal
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

shabbal , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Hi @TopHappyMe , I did a bunch of testing in regards to this... the microphone is fine from hardware perspective. I think it is software for sure. This is my problem:

This problem is only happening when I am on a video call.

Whenever I'm doing a video call over a VOIP application (WhatsApp and Skype mainly) the other party is not able to hear me clearly. They say that my voice keeps breaking up and my sentences are not being received fully.

I am certain that it is not a connection issue nor a hardware issue as the microphone was tested over calls and recorders and it is working fine.

Could it be the latest version of Oxygen OS (version 10.0.4)?

sk.c0d3 likes this.
  8. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Dec 11, 2019

TopHappyMe , Dec 11, 2019 :
    That sounds like a problem with your Internet connection, especially as it's isolated to calls made over the Internet, e.g. WhatsApp and Skype.

The problems I was having have disappeared following the 10.0.4 update; well, the complaints have stopped anyway...

10. TopHappyMe
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

TopHappyMe , Dec 12, 2019 :
    What he describes "they say that my voice keeps breaking up and my sentences are not being received fully" is indicative of packet loss.

11. sk.c0d3 , via OnePlus 7T Pro Haze Blue , Dec 12, 2019 :
    He said about microphone quality, phone can receive/transfer much more better quality like 900 kbs instead of 300 kbps or something like that, this bug from apple new audio chip H1 powerbeats pro and AirPods Pro, that's true, I confirmed this and created feedback with all logs from OnePlus 7T Pro to fix this issue more faster. I bought this phone but it very bugged, and sometimes it drops Bluetooth connection, waiting for fix in update.Have a nice day or night:)