Military/ Veterans community

1. barton261
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

barton261 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    You probably lost it when updating? Maybe it needs reinstalled like GAPPS..?

2. Tenablebard
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2015

Tenablebard , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I to had to reinstall the GAPPS along with the new firmware update before the update would install. I believe the reason is because they updated some of the sys. apps this time around.

mackaveli likes this.
  3. calee63
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

4. ostevenson
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

jnelson35, Tenablebard and mackaveli like this.
  5. johann2118
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

johann2118 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Listed, but without the bold "Veteran" next to my name. Do you need more info?

6. mackaveli
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

mackaveli , Sep 29, 2015 :
    The bold veteran next to the names means that they were present during the first surge of the OPO and were contributors to the forum or thread during that time. It doesn't pertain to their military status.

7. jnelson35
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

jnelson35 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    I too have been contemplating the jump. I hear the Army is hiring big for Warrant Officers at the moment but my wife said she is spoiled by the Air Force lifestyle and doesn't think she'd adjust too easily lol. I heard you only need an associates to go warrant, is that true? Guess I could Google it but this makes for good thread conversation. I'll more than likely stay AF, looking into the MSC program at the moment but I'm thinking more of Space operations or cyber security.

ostevenson likes this.
  8. davidlauder
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

davidlauder , Sep 30, 2015 :
    I am not a military veteran but I have had 3 of my closed friends serve in the US Military doing tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am wanting to give my invite to pay it forward and say Thank you.

Message me asap if you want the invite.

k2natural, calee63, jhipo and 4 others like this.
  9. mackaveli
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2015

jhipo and Tenablebard like this.
  10. mackaveli

mackaveli , Sep 30, 2015 :
    GOOD EVENING FOLKS....

Updated list below....
    1. @phishyars Veteran
    2. @evoasis Veteran
    3. @jmsancho
    4. @alyn4u
    5. @jjohns084
    6. @Erishi
    7. @kopfschuss88
    8. @DramaIV
    9. @Gall1200
    10. @optimus1
    11. @dsacgod
    12. @dadoc04
    13. @rebellionmind
    14. @Srottenbury
    15. @cyfix
    16. @snoopysteph
    17. @nwhite654
    18. @132zed
    19. @tmux
    20. @pletchj
    21. @Aznyoyoboy57
    22. @Sam3773
    23. @darock1323
    24. @King Vicious
    25. @closeab
    26. @ITechGeek
    27. @RJLcolumbia
    28. @Svengikoira
    29. @luke.gallman
    30. @rossd92
    31. @blackjack33
    32. @krashhazard
    33. @johann2118
    34. @Tenablebard Veteran (On Hold)
    35. @ostevenson Veteran (On Hold)
    36. @johnnymartz3 Veteran(On Hold)
    37. @smlatkins Veteran (On Hold)
    38. @jnelson35 Veteran (On Hold)
    If there are any Thread Veterans on the list not listed or any changes need to be made, please reply to make the necessary changes.

I removed people from the list please make sure you were not removed by mistake.

alyn4u likes this.
  11. jhipo
    Donut Sep 30, 2015

jhipo , Sep 30, 2015 :
    That's awesome!

Tenablebard likes this.
  12. jhipo
    Donut Sep 30, 2015

jhipo , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Picked up my phone yesterday from the post office and last night I got my official invite from Oneplus. Haha! I want to share it, but its the one that's tied to my email. If there's a way to change that let me know. Hopefully my shareable invites will arrive soon.

It is pretty sweet in the hand. I bought a case and StyleSwap cover, but the sandstone cover feels so nice! I'm tempted to just use the phone as is. Dumb me is saying do it, looks awesome. Smart me is saying protect it. :( can't make up my mind. I still haven't gotten the chance to dig into the OS.

13. mackaveli

jnelson35 and Tenablebard like this.
  14. Tenablebard
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2015

Tenablebard , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Good Morning all.

Is the rush over? It's been pretty quiet all over the forums.

jnelson35, mackaveli and mb67 like this.
  15. mb67

mb67 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    I'm thinking that people are discouraged, but that's just my opinion.

I'll edit this statement to include that I also feel that North America isn't their primary focus group: It's India and China this time.

mackaveli and Tenablebard like this.
  16. davidlauder
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

mackaveli likes this.
  17. barton261
    Froyo Sep 30, 2015

barton261 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Yeah you only need an associates so if you have your CCAF you're good to go.. I don't see how the lifestyle would be much different for your wife.. The army offers comparable programs and if you've seen any of the new housing it's in some cases much nicer than our crap shoot privatized cracker jack box housing. If anything I think that the lifestyle would be different for you.. I wouldn't think its that bad though I work in a joint services component and everyone seems fine.

ostevenson and jnelson35 like this.
  18. Sonar5

Sonar5 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    I also received another invite tied to only my email...

On a happier note, My son in SoCal is LOVING my One Plus 1 I sent down to him after I got my One Plus Two. He said it kicks serious ... and going from a Samsung to this is such an upgrade. Yay for Dad points, lol... He's 20 and in college.

ostevenson, jhipo, mb67 and 3 others like this.
  19. jnelson35
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

jnelson35 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I agree but we both come from military families and she experienced more of the Army side than I did. I've deployed, worked, and lived with the green guys. I loved the "just get it done" mentality of the group I was attached to but seeing the way they treated their own was what steered me away. Now we see that in the Air Force as well, just not on the same level as them. I love the corporate feel of the AF and long term, I think it would be more beneficial to stay in the same service. I also agree about the housing situation as our base contracted out around 2013 and have heard nothing but complaints about the new build-a-box houses they are throwing up. Luckily my wife and I still stay in the older homes but our time to move is coming soon. I'm really considering the jump, I know I can do a lot more and get paid for it. I could've supervised my supervisor when I first came in lol. I hear cool stuff about being Warrant/SME's but we'll see haha. Which side are you leaning towards?

jhipo, mb67 and Tenablebard like this.
  20. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Hi people! :)

I've been thinking about selling my Oneplus One lately, especially since I got my OP2.

Tenablebard likes this.