Military/ Veterans community

1. Sonar5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

Sonar5 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I just got an Oxygen OS Update pushed on me... Updating now... Oxygen 2.1?

jhipo, Tenablebard and mb67 like this.
  2. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Yeah, mostly camera updates. I had to side-load it since I rooted my OP2. I haven't noticed any difference in battery performance, but I do like the manual mode features for the camera.

3. barton261
    Froyo Oct 1, 2015

barton261 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I work with a CW2 and I've been waiting to catch him so I could talk to him about life as a Warrant Officer. He comes in at 6am when I get off work so hopefully I can talk to him after changeover. I'll let you know what he says. I'd rather stay in the AF but all things considered the AF is becoming harder and harder to just make it to retirement. Currently we have no funding for any decent program that allows an enlisted member to commission. They all require me to get out and work elsewhere while going to school full time. OTS for those that already have a Bachelors is bottom of the totem pole for funding and selection most likely because of the funding. Im open at the moment and just gathering info.

jnelson35 likes this.
  4. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Yay, I'm an old man today (Oct 1st, 1747)
    *Was part of the Battle of Saratoga (1777) :p

Tenablebard and ostevenson like this.
  5. ostevenson
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

ostevenson , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I don't get it. I have never received an invite for OPT. I was a huge supporter but that support has now gone in the trash. I'm only around for the group.

6. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I understand. My main op account still hasn't received an invite. My spam email account has received several, and each one has been tied to that email address. It makes absolutely no sense, and if it weren't for that account getting an invite when it did I'd say the Hell with OnePlus.

We've been doing a lot of good work for oneplus through the Military community here, and I'm disappointed in how the loyal patrons have been treated. I really do think that oneplus is more concerned with markets outside of North America.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

7. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I read where Carl wants to learn from Samsungs philosophy of selling phones, by interning there.

8. ostevenson
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

ostevenson , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I think the system is broken & interning at Samsung will not fix it. I understand the invite system which is scary but very smart. But to forego your main supporters & continue to blame your suppliers is sophomoric.

Tenablebard and mb67 like this.
  9. Tenablebard
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2015

Tenablebard , Oct 1, 2015 :
    From @Raggy

For those of you waiting to receive your OnePlus 2 invite, this thread’s for you. As mentioned in this thread in September we focused on early supporters, active forum members and the reservation list.

We will finish rolling out invites for early supporters, active forum members and the reservation list very soon. In September, we’ve also rolled out some shareable invites to those who already purchased the OnePlus 2. However, this wasn’t exactly at the pace that we wanted, and we will start rolling out more aggressively in October. Everyone that purchased a OnePlus 2 in the past will receive 3 shareable invites to share with their family and friends. If you’ve missed the chance to buy a OnePlus 2, check out this awesome community thread or your region specific thread.

Also, as mentioned by Carl before, we will have an open sale soon - which means you can purchase the OnePlus 2 without an invite for a limited time frame. We’ll keep you updated!

In short - a lot of opportunities are coming to buy the OnePlus 2! Keep your eye on the forums and don’t forget to follow us on social media.

Interesting to note the mention of an open sale so soon....humm

mackaveli, jhipo and ostevenson like this.
  10. Tenablebard
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2015

11. mb67

mackaveli and Tenablebard like this.
  12. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I did the RR for the OP2. My advice: DON'T DO IT YET!!
    Too many bugs, and I couldn't get the LTE settings to work right. I'm in the process of restoring my phone...

Tenablebard likes this.
  13. Tenablebard
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2015

Tenablebard , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will get it fixed.

mb67 likes this.
  14. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    One very smart thing to do is to make a recovery image of your phone. It took all of 20 minutes to get back up and running.

I have to say that I really like RR but it's way too buggy yet to be used as a daily driver. Trying to search for cell networks resulted in reboots of the phone, LTE wasn't working, and trying to install the latest GApps (google apps pkg) kept failing. Also, for a while WiFi wasn't getting full strength. The volume toggle switch didn't work, no fingerprint, and that's about it for now. :p

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

mackaveli and Tenablebard like this.
  15. jhipo
    Donut Oct 1, 2015

jhipo , Oct 1, 2015 :
    So far I'm not liking Oxygen OS. I was thinking about trying to flash it like you all have, but from the sounds of it, its not going to well yet either. I was really digging CM12. Too bad they weren't able to stick with it.

mb67 and Tenablebard like this.
  16. mb67

mb67 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I highly recommend that you wait to flash a different ROM. They're not ready for daily drivers yet.

EDIT
    I'm starting to get used to oxygen os. It isn't perfect by any means, but at least everything is working as it should.

jhipo and Tenablebard like this.
  17. blackjack33
    Donut Oct 2, 2015

mackaveli likes this.
  18. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2015

19. k2natural
    Froyo Oct 2, 2015

k2natural , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Sorry I have been gone a while. Been preparing for another surgery and was told last Monday I only have roughly 4 months left in the Air Force, 2 of which will be spent on convalescent leave recovering. Things have only begun to get hectic around here. I still haven't received an invite to share but by the looks of things they are already getting harder to hand out.

On a side note I don't know if it was the recent Oxygen update or a recent Facebook update but whenever I try to open Facebook it immediately crashes. Haven't had a problem with any other apps that I use regularly.

Tenablebard and mb67 like this.
  20. mb67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2015

mb67 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Best of luck with the surgery, and here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

mackaveli, k2natural and Tenablebard like this.