Display Minimum brightness is too bright

1. Izenberg
    Eclair Apr 3, 2021

Izenberg , Apr 3, 2021 :
    It can sounds crazy but the screen is just killing my eyes in the dark.
    It's way too bright compared to my OP5 and Vision comfort mode doesn't work on lockscreen each time you wake it up.

[​IMG]

Here on this pic you can see my OnePlus 5 (left) compared to my brand new OnePlus 9 Pro (right).

It feels like I paid a stepback in inovation for the price of a premium phone

Attached Files:

btbz likes this.
  2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Apr 3, 2021

camohan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Hi there, you might be right in terms of your observation relating to brightness and I had a similar experience after switching from 7T Pro to 8T. I guess its Android 11 and has nothing to do with the device perse.

3. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Yes, just to add to what @camohan has said, I noticed that the minimum brightness on my OPPO Find X2 Pro also increased after it was updated to Android 11 compared to Android 10.

Could well be to do with the Android version more than the device itself.

Caoimhín and Izenberg like this.
  4. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2021

MarkoBatrac , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Maybe Android issue, but this can be editable via next updates I think . At least it is possible on custom rom

5. MrTalon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2021

MrTalon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 4, 2021 :
    They are doing it because the grey's are looking awful with low brightness. To prevent this, the minimum brightness set higher than other phones.

6. MDMujtaba999
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 5, 2021

MDMujtaba999 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    We may have to check this further. Kindly check you're inbox we've dropped you a direct message. It'll be of great help if you could share the required information.

Regards,
    Mujtaba

7. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2021 :
    If that was the case, the minimum brightness would not have changed with Android 11 on my Find X2 Pro 🤷‍♂️

8. blogslogger
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2021

blogslogger , Apr 6, 2021 :
    It is due to black crush, green/purple tint plaguing OnePlus screens for some reason. They are very apparent at the lowest brightness so to mitigate that, they have increased the minimum brightness. Since software updates cant be patched to only faulty devices, it has been standardized across all OPLUS(Oppo and OnePlus) devices. It is not an android 11 feature and unfortunately, we just have to deal with it as we cannot gauge the minimum brightness in showrooms with their bright light nor can reviewers. They started doing this when many people complained about the 8 pro screen.

Izenberg and MrTalon like this.