Mint Mobile Visual Voicemail via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. marco.colaizzi
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

marco.colaizzi , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Did anybody figure out how to enable the visual voicemail with mint mobile?
    The only way I can listen to my voicemail is by calling but the notifications appear in the dialer app.

2. yliu818
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

3. OldFlyer
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2020

OldFlyer , Apr 20, 2020 :
    I'm on Ting using T-Mobile network. Visual VM does not work on my 7T, but is working fine on wife's Nokia unlocked phone.

4. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2020

5. Crashinator
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

6. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2020

pgrey , May 23, 2020 :
    Same problem, recently moved to TMo.
    Two OP7's on our plan, and a Pixel 3a. The 3a works fine, the OP7's do not.
    The OP7's don't work with the TMo VVM app, either, so it sure *seems* like it's something server/provisioning-side, since all the voice->text work would be on their side...

I've been through two tiers of techs, at TMo, so far, tons of stupid "reboot, phone-cache-clear, app-cache-clear, ...".
    They did say they sent a test-provision, but really no one seems to be able to actually trace/debug stuff, you'd think they'd have some basic tracing tools (I say this as someone who'd worked for quite some years, in s/w dev).

I've disabled/enabled WiFi calling (per the comment above), across a couple of uninstall/reinstall of the TMo VVM app, forced APN re-provisioning, etc.

I await a call back, on Monday, but I really don't think they're going to have any answer.
    It's a bit bizarre, I bet they'll say I can't expect consistency with the TMo-VVM app, without a T-Mobile branded device, hmm (it makes no sense, from a s/w abstraction side anyway) ;-]

Logging is next, I suppose, if their support just throws up their hands...

Last edited: May 23, 2020

7. Crashinator
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2020

8. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 9, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 9, 2020 :
    Mint uses T-Mobile so download T-Mo's VM app.

9. Crashinator
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2020

10. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2020

pgrey , Sep 9, 2020 :
    Yep, same.
    It works on two phones on our account (one Pixel 3a, one OP7 Pro), and never on my OP7 Pro.
    I spent hours on the phone, trying to get it provisioned correctly, picked up two new SIMs, etc, their techs could never figure out how to re-provision my number, correctly.
    I gave up, used my GVoice number I already had, and moved on. It's stupid, and annoying, but I figured I had better ways to spend my time, than trying to go through the tech-tiers, over-and-over (every couple of weeks they would trail-off, and quit working on my ticket, and never call back, I went through 2 iterations of that).
    YMMV, maybe you'll get the the right tech, who knows why their provisioning gets "stuck" like this, and it'll get fixed. Or not. I'm VERY curious though, if you do, what they say they "fixed", to re-provision.

Crashinator likes this.
  11. R32Hoo
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2020

R32Hoo , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Mint texted me on my 8 Pro when I activated it last month with the link to My Visual Voicemail. Once you install it VVM works great. Says it is made by T- Mobile when you open the app on the phone.
    upload_2020-12-3_21-5-22.png