Mirrors for official Oxygen OS ROMs and OTA updates

1. Soebbi
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2015

Soebbi , Nov 14, 2015 :
    I do not have both installed at the same time, I flashed the stock recovery after TWRP failed.

I just reverted back to TWRP after elonepluso asked for the recovery.log - now the flash of both files worked! Maybe the full zip got currupted while being transferred to the device or something.

Everybody: Thank you for your time and open ears! :)

2. utkarshrajsingh
    Froyo Nov 14, 2015

utkarshrajsingh , Nov 14, 2015 :
    2.1.2 rooted without problems.

Just one error while flashing, "E: unknown command : wipe data" I ignored it and flashed full rom 2.1.1 then patch 2.1.2 then supersu.

Working fine.

jeisblack likes this.
  3. Spannaa
    KitKat Nov 14, 2015

Spannaa , Nov 14, 2015 :
    Yep, everyone flashing the OTA via TWRP gets the same red error.

The updater ignores it and just carries on!

utkarshrajsingh and jeisblack like this.
  4. elonepluso
    Eclair Nov 14, 2015

elonepluso , Nov 14, 2015 :
    So can we be sure there is nothing missing due to that error?
    To be sure I reflashed with original recovery... :cool:

5. shannanea
    Honeycomb Nov 14, 2015

jeisblack likes this.
  6. keessonnema
    KitKat Nov 14, 2015

keessonnema , Nov 14, 2015 :
    I can't wait, so i'll do the full zip > ota zip update.

jeisblack likes this.
  7. HongKong User
    Honeycomb Nov 14, 2015

HongKong User , Nov 14, 2015 :
    How the people complete the package without OnePlus ? Where is the source coming form ?

8. elonepluso
    Eclair Nov 14, 2015

elonepluso , Nov 14, 2015 :
    Sure that question is related to my post? ;)

9. Spannaa
    KitKat Nov 14, 2015

Spannaa , Nov 14, 2015 :
    The OTA zips ARE from OnePlus - they're copied directly from the .OnePlusOta folder when a new OTA arrives.

10. HongKong User
    Honeycomb Nov 14, 2015

The OTA zip is stored on OP2 when people get the OTA notification and download the zip file.
    What I asking is the Signed flashable zips for OxgyenOS. how can you getting source code without OnePlus ? It is strange !

11. amirhussaini93
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2015

amirhussaini93 , Nov 14, 2015 :
    Already update Oxygen Os 2.1.2.
    Are baseband upgrade if flash latest OTA?
    Or must using stock recovery?
    On XDA they say 2.1.2 have some bugs :(

12. HongKong User
    Honeycomb Nov 14, 2015

I think the OTA is nothing to do with baseband ! The baseband is fixed on each model (A2001, A2003 and, A2005), unless you flash the new baseband file. But it is very danger, because the new baseband may not support on your zone area and country.

13. ajin123
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2015

ajin123 , Nov 14, 2015 :
    I had the same setting. (A K kernel)
    I followed the same steps mentioned.
    Worked perfectly, now I am having latest o2 with stock kernel and root.
    Thanks All

14. amirhussaini93

My model is A2003. I tried stock recovery, still same baseband. hahaha (do mistake, wipe all so empty :confused:)
    Yeah, that's right. I thought OTA will update baseband (cause i try update using TWRP, error write_data.
    I check update, no update so i update manual. On XDA thread, they say 2.1.2 buggy and i flash it and this what i found.
    - Lockscreen wallpaper not support other wallpaper (to fix, set homescreen wallpaper from Gallery, then change Lockscreen wallpaper > Use homescreen wallpaper)
    - Camera orientation not work. (enable Auto-Rotate)
    - Snap shutter fast! ;)
    - Phone smooth :D

15. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 14, 2015

Funk Wizard , Nov 14, 2015 :
    OTA must be flashed via stock recovery only, you can either wait for the full zip or flash incremental via stock recovery

16. Spannaa
    KitKat Nov 14, 2015

Spannaa , Nov 14, 2015 :
    OK, as a mod, maybe you can clear this up!

What is wrong with flashing OTAs via TWRP?
    Flash full 2.1.1, flash 2.1.2 OTA, flash SuperSU works.

Wait for full zip: OnePlus don't officially release these. Why?

17. amirhussaini93

I remember while 1st time use TWRP, it say TWRP can flash OTA without no problem.
    But it give me option, and i just swipe. Forgot what it say. hahaha :D
    About update OTA, i do twice. Once using TWRP (full wipe, except Internal Storage) and Stock Recovery (do mistake wipe all. hahaha. and update OTA back).
    no issue i found ;)

Funk Wizard likes this.
  18. Funk Wizard

Hey buddy.. I just posted here as a member not as a mod. I dont work with or for the rom or development team so i am not the right person to answer.

So now let me first say i have big respect for you from xda and there is nothing that i would know and you dont, but if we go back to even other devices like opo even though its maintained by Cyanogen still if you flash incremental via twrp it would fail, for some reason the os detects changes to system partition and the ota flash via twrp fails.

So this now happens with the One Two and the X

From what i have experienced if i restore a system nandroid only taken before root and any other mods and then flash the incremental via twrp it works. The only other way is to flash full zip which basically unroots undoes the changes to system partition and then flash the ota.

With the X i would also have to do an extra step to flash the stock recovery as the ota would not flash with twrp at all even after restoring system dump.

Thus to be honest i dont really know the reason why its getting difficult but its being built that way as OTAs are basically highly compress files made keeping the stock recovery in mind, and that is one of the reason it takes time to get them on air.

As far as the full zips are concerned, you are already doing an awesome job maintaining them so you know its just a matter of time. The only zip for Oxygen provided officially by Oneplus is the Oxygen release zip for OPO that i could think off right now. So keep supporting and guiding us with your expertise.

19. Funk Wizard

Glad it worked for you

amirhussaini93 likes this.
  20. amirhussaini93

Yeah, i'm always do that if wanna change ROM and after update ROM (Wipe cache and dalvik)
    But SultanXDA ROM for OP1, just update ROM without wipe cache and dalvik hahaha :p
    * Thanks for sharing info to me, if OP1, TWRP problem flash OTA. Dont know latest TWRP for OP1 can flash OTA or not. I heard, version 2.8.7.0 problem update modem (but i flash that version no problem, so i'm follow OP say use TWRP 2.8.6.0 hahaha :D)

Funk Wizard likes this.