Missing Band 30 (AT&T) and Band 71 LTE (T-Mo) - SOLVED

1. aenews KitKat May 14, 2019

aenews, May 14, 2019 :
    UPDATE (5/15/19): OnePlus finally updated the technical specifications and now Band 30/46/48/71 are all properly showed on the sheet. As expected, they made a mistake and posted the bands for the incorrect model.

Original Post:
    Oddly enough, Band 30 LTE (AT&T) and Band 71 LTE (T-Mobile) appear to be missing from the tech specifications. OnePlus has never regressed in LTE Band Support, and especially for T-Mobile, has always supported the latest LTE Bands including B71 with the OnePlus 6. B30 has been present since the OnePlus 3 and would be an extremely odd omission. Seems unlikely that B71 is actually not supported since OnePlus partnered with T-Mobile and T-Mobile previously confirmed B71 support for the OP7 Pro. Definitely concerning that these bands are missing, and I can only hope it's an error and not actual reduction in band support.

OP7 Pro:
    [​IMG]

OP6T:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 10:31 PM

2. aenews KitKat May 14, 2019

aenews, May 14, 2019 :
    Surprised I'm the only one concerned and no news articles have yet mentioned these glaring omissions.

Acadeca likes this.
  3. qluvaas Cupcake May 14, 2019

qluvaas, May 14, 2019 :
    Thank you for posting this. I'd really like an official answer on this too since it could be a typo.

ZRXINLA, geo07 and aenews like this.
  4. zeekexiv Cupcake May 14, 2019

zeekexiv, May 14, 2019 :
    Looking for clarification, too. When you check carrier connectivity, Band 71 is still listed, but Band 30 is completely gone. I have T-Mobile, so I'm more interested in Band 71.

drl431 and MrCommunistGen like this.
  5. MrCommunistGen Cupcake May 14, 2019

MrCommunistGen, May 14, 2019 :
    Thank you for asking. I have the same question! I live somewhere that B71 support is important, and it is a make-or-break feature for me for getting the OP7 Pro.

I bought a used OP6 A6000 not realizing it was the international version (for my previous phone the OP3, the A3000 model number was the US version) and have been sorely lacking B71 support.

I would greatly appreciate a response even if it is bad news.

6. Mark Co Donut May 14, 2019

Mark Co, May 14, 2019 :
    Not sure this is a definitive answer, but the T-Mobile version does list band 71 in their specs. OP wouldn’t leave it out of the factory version would they?

aenews likes this.
  7. aenews KitKat May 15, 2019

aenews, May 15, 2019 :
    Right. T-Mobile's CTO and other documentation explicitly confirmed that B71 LTE would be on the OP7 Pro, and it wouldn't make much sense for the band to be removed. There was some discussion on Reddit where it was suggested that perhaps the Unlocked Model had the band removed, and apparently one T-Mobile representative claimed that to be the case. That still seems unlikely to me as Band 71 has been supported from the OnePlus 6.
    Makes sense. I'll repost updated answers over here on OnePlus Forums in addition to Reddit.
    That's a good point. It could be a mistaken copy pasta on their part which would explain how they made the error in the first place.
    Yeah I noticed that as well. Take in mind that the carrier compatibility chart has not always been accurate for previous generations, so it isn't definitive proof that the technical specifications are inaccurate, though I believe that to be the case. It's still a good sign as the previously inaccurate charts for the 6T have since been updated to be accurate. However, it also still doesn't really explain the missing Band 30 LTE which has been around since the OnePlus 3.

@Carl @David Y. @Manu J. Could OnePlus provide an update regarding the odd omission of Band 30 LTE and Band 71 LTE on the OnePlus 7 Pro's specification page (as well as Band 46/48 LTE for that matter)? If this is an error, it would be a good idea to fix the page soon before buyers are turned away. If the missing bands are indeed actually missing, then clarification would be very helpful.

Vansh99, SunnyRT, Demthios and 2 others like this.
  8. Mark Co Donut May 15, 2019

Mark Co, May 15, 2019 :
    Just off the chat with support....see screenshot below. I am still nervous about verifying this, but would seem that Band 71 is supported on OnePlus version. Is that how you folks read this?

Attached Files:

9. Avarice Gingerbread May 15, 2019

Avarice, May 15, 2019 :
    I don't see how we could read their response any other way. They basically confirmed that it is supported. Let's hope they are right, and that it was just a typo on the Specs page.

aenews likes this.
  10. aenews KitKat May 15, 2019

aenews, May 15, 2019 :
    Chat has been known to say inaccurate information at times, so that isn't real confirmation. Though again, I do believe this is just an error on the specifications sheet.

Hydra Bob and SunnyRT like this.
  11. SunnyRT Cupcake May 15, 2019

SunnyRT, May 15, 2019 :
    I'd much rather buy the 12gb version than the T-mobile 8gb one, hopefully we get confirmation about this. Otherwise I'll probably go to the S10+.

12. Coastie Honeycomb May 15, 2019

Coastie, May 15, 2019 :
    I was hoping it was a mistake, but I just received this email from OP Support.

SunnyRT likes this.
  13. norwoodsteel Cupcake May 15, 2019

norwoodsteel, May 15, 2019 :
    do not have oneplus's email reply yet. called 2 days ago and was told to wait 48 hrs and check online specs again. called today and was told no band 71. called t-mobile and was told no band 71 but the oneplus 6 t had it? i need positive confirmation before i'm buying the pro.

14. Coastie Honeycomb May 16, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Coastie, May 16, 2019 at 12:43 AM :
    Evidently the Pixel 3 launched without band 30 for some reason, but it was later added with a firmware update, hopefully that's the case here with missing bands. Looking at the UK site, the OP7 (non-pro) which you can't even get in the US, has bands 30 and 71 listed! So strange!

Acadeca likes this.
  15. J1542606030006 Froyo May 16, 2019 at 2:00 AM

J1542606030006, May 16, 2019 at 2:00 AM :
    I will only buy this phone from OnePlus direct, not via any carriers. The possible absence of these LTE bands that were previously supported have me concerned. This MUST be clarified by OnePlus as soon as possible. All these features like 90hz screen and etc are nice and all, but at the end of the day, phones are supposed to be phones, and network connectivity is the most important factor.

What good is a super duper powerful phone if it does not have the necessary network band support?

16. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV Froyo May 16, 2019 at 2:12 AM

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV, May 16, 2019 at 2:12 AM :
    I too am a T-Mobile client and am very interested to read the official response from the company on this forum regarding this issue. It will affect my buying decision as I will not purchase this handset from a Carrier.

aenews likes this.
  17. aenews KitKat May 16, 2019 at 3:31 AM

aenews, May 16, 2019 at 3:31 AM :
    @Carl @David Y. @Manu J. @Pete

Could OnePlus provide an update regarding the odd omission of Band 30 LTE and Band 71 LTE on the OnePlus 7 Pro's specification page (as well as Band 46/48 LTE for that matter)? If this is an error, it would be a very good idea to fix the page soon before buyers are turned away. If the missing bands are indeed actually missing, then clarification would be very helpful.

18. norwoodsteel Cupcake May 16, 2019 at 3:33 AM

19. norwoodsteel Cupcake May 16, 2019 at 3:38 AM

20. Mark Co Donut May 16, 2019 at 3:51 AM