Missing the capital Greek "σ" via OnePlus Nord N100

1. NikolaosT
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2020

NikolaosT , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Dec 24, 2020 :
    Hi, I have noticed that the Greek capital letter σ (sigma) is missing from the keyboard. Or to be more precise, when ever I want to use it the keyboard automatically types the English letter "C". For example the word "House" in Greek it's "Cπίτι".. You can see in the example the problem.

Thank you.

xstefanidis likes this.
  2. ChriStefan
    Froyo Dec 30, 2020

ChriStefan , Dec 30, 2020 :
    I've just bought it. That's weird... I hope a fix will be soon available.

You notice the missing Σ and σ from the oxygen OS default keyboard, right? Others like SwiftKey or Google are OK?

3. NikolaosT
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2020

NikolaosT , via OnePlus Nord N100 , Dec 30, 2020 :
    I am using the SwiftKey.. Same problem. I hope they will fix it

4. ChriStefan
    Froyo Dec 30, 2020

Nikola, I think you should report it as a bug.

First make sure you have the latest firm and that the default keyboard has the same problem. Or even download and test Googles'.

Here I see a new post for ota release, there you can see the changes and the ways to report the issue.

It might be an issue from SwiftKey app only. Try to reinstall it.

Take care stay safe.

5. ChriStefan
    Froyo Dec 30, 2020

NikolaosT likes this.
  6. NikolaosT
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2020

NikolaosT , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Problem solved. As @ChriStef Gr suggested in his second solution the problem has to do with the OnePlus Slate font.
    I've change it to Roboto and everything's OK. Here is a link on how to change the font.
    Also, I will report the bug. Could you please guide me on which category should I post into? The categories are here.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020

7. ChriStefan
    Froyo Dec 30, 2020

I'm glad to hear that.

I think it will fit under ui and system settings and write a notice about the slate font issue there.

If any url bug issue is created, post it here and when my phone arrives, I should follow or upvote it. But I think is already noticed and reported.

/Take care.

SP36SP likes this.
  8. SP36SP
    Eclair Jan 18, 2021