MKBHD: OP5 review

1. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2017

[GG] , Jun 21, 2017 :
    You can't wait to get your hands on one thats great, the OP5 seems like a very good phone. Let me ask you, what phone do you currently have ?

For those that already have the OP3T and go for the OP5 will not be improving on screen or battery life. Ram...Please ket me know if you will notice any difference between 6 or 8 as i believe the current OS can't even use 8 GB of RAM ( someone correct me if im wrong ). Processor also, you can hardly notice any difference between the 821 and 835 so as far as performance goes..both are pretty fast and no major difference. You will be improving on camera but not by that much as most of the reviews so far say the camera is good but not great ( same as 3T ) and no OIS ? Both have a slim metal unibody design with subtle curvature as you say so again , no major improvement.

So yes the OP5 is a great phone and a phone i would definitely buy if i had an older phone..(OPO, X ,OP2 or other phones ) but if i already owned a OP3T ( which i did ) im not sure it would be worth it and that is simply my opinion. And if you ask the majority of those who already own the OP3T, will say the same. (Notice i said the majority and not all )

Im sure many would have liked to see water resistance, qhd , bezeless design , dual speakers .. something more to justify an upgrade from the 3T. Again just my opinion.

Enjoy the OP5, im pretty sure you will love it but i will wait for the 5T ( ? ) or the 6.

2. xsaragiang
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2017

xsaragiang , Jun 21, 2017 :
    #teammkbhd

I didn't think he was overly biased. I enjoy watching his reviews. Explains them in the most layman terms to less tech savvy people can understand :)

3. xsaragiang
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2017

xsaragiang , Jun 21, 2017 :
    The 5 is the 3T's jealous sister that got some plastic surgery, lol (lame, I know)...I recently bought the 3T for my birthday not knowing the 5 was being released. I would still like to try and get the 5, but the 3T is pretty beastly.

And its in a pretty gold and white combo :)

4. Dav8v8
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2017

Dav8v8 , Jun 21, 2017 :
    Could you provide a link where G6 is 100 GBP cheaper than OnePlus 5?

5. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2017

elanglois , Jun 21, 2017 :
    Is that the blu S1? I saw that $150! And it's dual camera, dual SIM, and has an SD card slot! And a bigger battery than the OP5.

They are giving them away for free too, and while the processor ain't the best, its not half bad. Should be around OPO spec.

6. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2017

elanglois , Jun 21, 2017 :
    What makes you think the OS can't use 8GB of RAM. Its a Linux kernel. It will be used.

I agree on everything else.

7. DracoSura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2017

DracoSura , Jun 21, 2017 :
    Initial camera reviews aren't ground breaking. They partnered with DXO mark for OP5, but they don't have any score from them, which is really intriguing. No mention in keynote as well.

8. JelleZon
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2017

9. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2017

[GG] , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I wasn't sure about that one, that's why i said correct me if im wrong but if remember correctly, i heard that from a reviewer on youtube. Maybe i heard it wrong but i will try to find which video i got that from. Either way , 6 or 8 is more than enough for great performance and don't think someone will switch phones on that alone imo.
    Thanks for pointing that out though, that's how we learn.

Edit: It was on Mr.Mobile's [ Michael Fisher ] review of the OP5 where he says the 8Gb of ram is much more than the OS can even use at this point.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017

10. G_Neelmani_Jha_Yayt
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2017

11. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2017

malidan , Jun 21, 2017 :
    If this is the case why are they still,
    Benchmark cheating
    White listing apps to launch quicker
    and their new revelation of having 5 apps ready to go?
    It's false performance that costs battery life, that why they will not move from 1080P screen.

ilovesoneplus and patrice58 like this.
  12. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2017

malidan , Jun 21, 2017 :
    What after saying
    Its alright to copy
    It don't look like a iPhone 7+ from the front.
    It get's bright enough( what the hell dies that mean? He is supposed to be reviewing the thing).
    I can't really remember exactly what he said,but it was along the lines of its the best thing since slice bread:rolleyes:
    It was a pretty poor effort.