MKBHD OP6

1. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    Input lag I was just in O2 looking at the OP6( So i've seen it a had a play now )
    I didnt notice any input lag ON THE S9 do have you a demonstration or some info on this?
    If the S9 has input lag then the OP6 isn't very fast when you consider they were only separated by 1 internet based app( loading dependant on connection speed and site traffic at the time) on Phone buff.

User experience it's a Samsung and from what I've seen not a whole lot different to my Note8, fast, smooth.
    The OP6 not much difference to the OP5 still fast and as smooth as OP is, if the like the lack of animation and transition smoothness.
    What i did notice when changing the animation, transition and animator on the 6 there was little to no difference on the OP6 as opposed to the S9, G7,P20
    So the scale on the OP6 is set well below what it actually says in the system menu, what animation there is on on closing the app and going back to the home screen.
    Gesture based operation, well I just don't see the point there is no improvement in speed or ease operating. It will be interesting to see who else adopts this.
    Screen, the P20 and the OP was not as good as the G7, nevermind the S9. I was very impressed with the cleaness of the G7's screen ( LCD does have it's merits) but QHD has got to be the way to go, even if you run it at 1080P it will still look better.

How does the 6 look? No much difference to the 5/T
    Different material, moved the camera, changed the shape of the FP the notch other than that the same. It's just a refinement as with the S9.
    Strange positioning of the antenna bands down the sides though.
    Frame drops what are you referring to game play?
    Alll devices drop frames, I've heard reviewers say OP devices didn't then I've heard others say it did.
    It's going to take something alot more powerful than what's in a mobile phone not to drop frames.:rolleyes:

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  2. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    Ain't that the truth especially with no thermal protection.
    It won't be long before the shower of HEAT posts start to arrive.
    I will be keeping an eye out for the first Bootloop ( Fried Mobo ) too.

ghostofcain likes this.
  3. vwite Honeycomb May 30, 2018

vwite, May 30, 2018 :
    you bash on OP fanboys (I do too) but now you're defending another OEM acting like a samsung fanboy yourself "all devices drop frames", my S9+ has great hardware but my S3, S4, S5, Note 4 were extremely laggy, S7 edge, note 5, note 8, S9 and S9+ improved a little bit each generation but still laggy, the S9+ is my daily driver but the two regular S9 I have don't even have any apps installed and they lag as well. I don't play games at all and don't even have any installed. I am also not talking about that YouTube stupid speed tests videos showing a split of second difference opening apps, I am talking about the daily user experience when you actually start using the app and doing real tasks after opening it, switching apps, using split screen, opening the keyboard, typing, delay after pressing home button, delay with auto-rotation, even the FP takes like 2-3 seconds to unlock the phone

Last edited: May 30, 2018

4. ghostofcain Marshmallow May 30, 2018

ghostofcain, May 30, 2018 :
    My SGS3 never suffered any lag, never ran touchwiz either though. Had an SGS7 which didn't appear laggy just lackluster to me.

How are you assessing lag when opening apps on your S9 with no apps installed? Just curious. Completely agree on FP reader, on S7 it just didn't compare with the OP3 in my experience.

aenews likes this.
  5. vwite Honeycomb May 30, 2018

vwite, May 30, 2018 :
    I'm gonna sell them but do use occasionally because requires some usage to be approved for the last BOGO T-Mobile/Costco promo, I only use preinstalled apps like samsung browser and samsung pay for the recent promos of $50 for each device for filling a quick form with fake info, $10 when using chase card three times, $10 when using master card, etc. and there is noticeable lag tough not as bad as my S9+ that has a lot of apps installed

Do you have a OP6 now and would you say your S7 was as fast???

6. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    All device's drop frames that is a this the reality anyone telling you any different is telling you lies.( poorly optimised third party apps)
    I've already seen the OP6 stutter and crash games in multiple video's despite all the software hacks.
    Everything
    I've seen the most powerful phone the iPhone X stutter, lag crash games
    Everything

S3,4,5,Note 4 everything in those times lagged anyone telliing you any different is also telling you lies, software wasn't optimised SOC power not enough, not enough ram.
    Everything
    All the issues you are taking about on your 9 I do not have on my Note 8, Flossy Carter did all his usual tricks and and said he couldn't get the S9 to lag/ stutter.
    So the question is what are you doing with your device to have such poor performance?
    If you have an Exynos then bad luck Samsung have crippled that to make sure it runs as close to the SD as possible( Haven't heard about it read up at Anandtech) that's why i don't have one.
    No double standards here bud, if it ain't right and Samsung continue to sandbag I ain't buying it. I will get something else that is and that will be the Mate 20 Pro.:D
    I find it amazing that people complain about a device and not send it back, i suppprt no one other than my pocket so if my the device ran like that it would have gone back.
    Yep I does make me wonder.
    Samsung are on cruise control this year, so I will take another look next year when the X arrives.

But they still make the best all round devices.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  7. vwite Honeycomb May 30, 2018

vwite, May 30, 2018 :
    I agree all devices stutter at some point but some do it rarely and others do it several times a day, Flossy's tricks are usually clearing a lot of notifications and stuff like that, S9+ can handle that, as I said S9+ has improved a lot even compared to the Note 8 it is noticeable faster but still laggy in actual daily heavy use

I was also considering the P20 Pro but it is too expensive right now and huaweii also has a lot of cons. I've got the S9+ because I got a good deal and because it is probably the best all round device as you said but right now I just want a responsive phone and I am waiting for my OP6 to be delivered to stop using an selling the S9+

8. ghostofcain Marshmallow May 30, 2018

No I needed a phone with a proper battery, so I got a Mate 10 Pro, that's certainly faster than the SGS7 was , which was in turn slower than the OP3

9. aenews KitKat May 30, 2018

aenews, May 30, 2018 :
    Well obviously. Everyone prefers and cares about different features. Which is what I said already, so I don't see your point.
    Average for a flagship is very good overall. In any case, this is just semantics. I don't really care about this point enough to discuss it further.
    I don't care and your fears are misplaced. Never had any such issues with OnePlus. I always lock to maximum frequency. It's optimal for performance since you avoid governors and switching between frequencies. The detriment is to battery life. I hope you realize that locking to the maximum frequency doesn't mean the phone is a flaming brick. It's normally cool to the touch as it would be normally. The phone will run hotter when it has a higher workload. Anyways I'm impressed it remains cool and doesn't throttle at all even with my heavy testing. Though that isn't a surprise given the OP3/OP5.

10. aenews KitKat May 30, 2018

vwite likes this.
  11. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    Then maybe you need to reset and again, you've obviously seen Floss and he is a radical user with everything at full pelt and he couldnt get it to lag
    Not a things are created equal and as you will have seen on this forum people complain of lag out of the box. So reset of refresh the Rom.
    I haven't used the management optimisation for at least a month and thus s what it is on
    Screenshot_20180530-190651_Device maintenance.jpg
    The FP reader as OP owners will soon find out it's not always good to copy and the new FP shape and size will cause what your experiencing and what you see on the Honor 10.
    A too smaller target area will cause slower reads, if I'm bang on its instant if i ain't then slower. But it is what it is and 1 or 2 seconds make no odds to me.

12. aenews KitKat May 30, 2018

aenews, May 30, 2018 :
    I doubt either of us have a clue how prevalent might be the "jelly". Just saying I've never seen this issue and neither has anyone I've known with OnePlus. Clearly you will disproportionately see complaints online just as you do for other matters like AMOLED burn-in.

Yes the 1080P display is definitely the weak point for me, personally. We care. I keep seeing other users who don't care at all, and the layman doesn't care or know about resolution. And others who say they can't see the difference. Hard for me to believe, but that's the case.

13. vwite Honeycomb May 30, 2018

vwite, May 30, 2018 :
    I do notice the difference as well on the S9+ if I set to FHD+ is not that bad but definitively better and shaper on QHD+ especially with small text, I hope OP6 goes with QHD in the future

aenews likes this.
  14. aenews KitKat May 30, 2018

aenews, May 30, 2018 :
    What matters is the heat dissipation. Though I don't know how it compares without independent testing from XDA or AnandTech. Doesn't seem to get hot at all despite my aggressive performance settings. Aside from benchmarking, I only really see it get hot if I'm gaming while charging.

Animations are both smooth and fast. Pixel seems to currently be at the head, but reviewers including XDA consistently put OnePlus second.

Dash Charging (20W) is faster than Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0/3.0/4.0 (18W). Period. And it is much faster when charging with the screen-on. You don't have to care, but it is faster.

15. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    All facial security options open within 1-2 seconds if held in the optimal area, even on budget phones.
    So the speed thing is no big deal, so you save 1 second what are you going to do with it?
    I would rather the extra second and the security it brings.;)

16. aenews KitKat May 30, 2018

aenews, May 30, 2018 :
    True that I rocked my S3 for over three years until 2014. For that generation, it performed very well on AOSP. Unfortunately, development is rather limited on the newer Samsung models, especially in the US.

ghostofcain likes this.
  17. aenews KitKat May 30, 2018

aenews, May 30, 2018 :
    It takes 0.4 seconds Malidan. None of the other phones with Face Unlock come close. Yes I value the speed. And again, it isn't for everyone. Stop beating a dead horse. And an extra second is 3.5X slower.

18. ghostofcain Marshmallow May 30, 2018

But not as fast as Huawei supercharge solution.

19. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    Huawei
    Lenovo
    Bluboo
    All have tech that it's through more mAh per min, I have posted video several time to this effect.
    Dash charge is not the fastest .

The numbers are there so you can calculate for youself.;)
    He did his best by constantly turning on the devices knowing full well it would slowdown the QC's but Huawei haven't followed that path

Screenshot_20180530-192754_YouTube.jpg

20. malidan Marshmallow May 30, 2018

malidan, May 30, 2018 :
    :tearsofjoy: I would say very by the fact that I got a device with it when it didn't exist.;)

Oh
    Lenovo Super Charge v Dash Charge
    5100 mAh........................3400 mAH

Screenshot_20180530-193810_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20180530-193820_YouTube.jpg
    There is alot of false info out there about OP device's