MKBHD Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Impressions:108 Megapixels..

1. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Feb 11, 2020

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020

malidan and Liehjan like this.
  2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Feb 11, 2020

Liehjan , Feb 11, 2020 :
    They messed up the refresh rate and resolution big time on the s20-series... 120hz is stuck at 1080p and 1440p is stuck at 60hz.. :confused:

3. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Feb 11, 2020

4. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 12, 2020

malidan , Feb 12, 2020 :
    I wouldn't call that messing it up.
    QHD/ 90 Hz on the 7 Pro destroyed battery life with OP Implementing dynamic switching leaving the device spending most of its time at 60hz. and
    Killed speed with the 7 Pro loosing to everything accept on device on Speedtest G. It only beat the LG running two screens by 2 seconds if memory serve me correctly.
    The 5G Mclaren from people I spoke to has dire battery life.
    The Razor 1 and 2 also had dire battery life at QHD 120Hz.
    And here were have the S20 with QHD, 5G and 120hz, I say they made the right call and only introduce it once they have had more time with the new SOC package and optimisations have been introduced.
    This is a retail powerhouse not a niche market device, so the bulk of customers will want battery life. What I will be looking at is if they have employed the same dynamic management forcing the screen to 60hz regardless of what you set it at like OP did. ;)

ilovesoneplus and Liehjan like this.
  5. Liehjan
    Lollipop Feb 12, 2020

Liehjan , Feb 12, 2020 :
    True, but it's still misleading to the customer how they told it in the unpacked event... they talked a lot about the display and how smooth it is at 120hz and how amazing the 2k display is...

A lot of people, including me thought the display is 120hz/1440p... Only review Iv'e watched that shed some light on this is MKBHD. Makes me wonder if the display is so amazing, even on 1080p that reviewers didn't notice the resolution switch:D

malidan likes this.
  6. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 12, 2020

malidan , Feb 12, 2020 :
    This information was divulged a very long time ago.
    You can not blame Samsung for making 2 different statements and people coming up with an imaginary third.

Samsung have been QHD for donkeys, so there is nothing new there and they always talk about how good their screen is.
    120hz is the new thing and at no point have I heard anyone from Samsung mention that 120hz @ QHD would be an option.

There have been article for over a month stating no 120hz @ QHD for over a month and several other YTers have discussed it some time ago too.
    Xiaomi won't be going down this road either so they must have also done their homework.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  7. Liehjan
    Lollipop Feb 12, 2020

Liehjan , Feb 12, 2020 :
    I should have done my research long time ago based on the leaks.. Did the research today and it's crystal clear to me now ;)

malidan likes this.
  8. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 15, 2020

malidan , Feb 15, 2020 :
    He still claims iPhone and Pixel have the best cameras, when he can't even fix it for them to get past the second round in his blind tests. :rolleyes:

9. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Feb 17, 2020 at 2:39 PM

ilovesoneplus , Feb 17, 2020 at 2:39 PM :
    Lol :)

malidan likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 21, 2020 at 6:34 PM