[MKHD]What happened with oneplus - Sad reality :( via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. thisismejerome , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 12, 2021 :
    MKHD just dropped a new video about Oneplus. I cant help but feel sad and disappointed. Oneplus is changing and im not sure if for the better before our eyes. Watch it yourself and write your opinion down below.

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 13, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jan 13, 2021 :
    I moved your thread to a more appropiate section, I also edited the title to beter reflect the content

3. pablofg1978

I would like to know why do you feel sad and dissapointed, to be honnest, oneplus only did what most of the ppl been asked over the years
    Ppl wanted amoled screens
    ppl wanted "more" premiun devices
    ppl wanted more, better cameras
    pll wanted water resistance
    ppl wanted budget devices
    ppl wanted everything that oneplus had provided over the years...

The truth is, you can't make everyone happy
    If you are not agree with the direction of the company, just choose another brand.
    Many of the users that are here everyday, helping other users or just enjoing the community don't even have a oneplus device now

4. ayemei
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2021

ayemei , Jan 13, 2021 :
    When MKBHD said "Don't be a fanboy" that hurt me 😂. What he said afterwards made sense, "Be a fan of the products." So that is what I am going to do.

5. Shivam__t1
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

Shivam__t1 , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Samsung 😊..
    Because oneplus is going into a sh** hole.
    This video tells how one plus has let its users down trying to expand its market.
    Its no more focusing on one phone per year or even at its flagship smartphone.
    Rather they are just diversifying their product range thus killing the focus and the way they used to listen to their community and serve their community members needs. From being a flagship killer now they are just killing themselves.......
    Im Never gonna settle for oneplus hoax again..
    Really disappointed.

Prashant2496 and GameOnBoy like this.
  6. pablofg1978

Like I said before, oneplus had done everything that the community asked, you only need to check the threads open each year with feature request for next devices, like I listed above.
    There is no better way to reach and satisfy more ppl than diversifying their product range, so ppl can choose beetween different options. I have been here sice the OPO times, and ppl just asked for more devices over and over again.

Like MKHD said, dont follow a brand blindly, choose the device that suits your needs, don't try to make the brand to do what you want, because what you want may be not what I (and others)want.

YOU CANT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY

buntycubal, the_o2, McJader and 3 others like this.
  7. Shivam__t1
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

Will never suggest a friend a oneplus Device again👍..

Unless a good device purely based on specs and features enters the market and not rely upon oneplus brand image hoax which the company is surfing through the tides.. Never settle is a joke now😊..lol

Prashant2496 and GameOnBoy like this.
  8. Shivam__t1
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

Like i said Unless a good device purely based on specs and features enters the market and not rely upon oneplus brand image hoax which the company is surfing through the tides..Im never gonna settle for oneplus nor let others do the same. Never settle is a joke now😊..lol..
    Since u have been here from OPO times brother❤️ u seem biased and turning a blind eye to many problems new devices are facing. Check out general supports often and see the imminent darkness things are headed to.
    I repeat brother Never settle is a joke now😊..lol..
    This might seem an overreaction or farfetched words but to be honest this is what happens when u spend money for a flagship killer and feel duped and disappointed.. My words may not be true for everyone but they suit how i feel and I'm allowed to share in the community how i feel about the brand i am using...
    Thank you ❤️

9. pablofg1978

I literally said to you to choose the device that suits your needs instead of a brand, how is that being biased and turning a blind eye?
    I think that you should read better, and I know very well that some users have issues on their devices, I also have/had devices from other brands that have issues too.

You are free to choose and recommend to your friends whatever you think is best, the best way to give feedback is with the wallet

buntycubal, the_o2, McJader and 2 others like this.
  10. J1579018029223
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2021

J1579018029223 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 13, 2021 :
    As for me I am happy with my 8pro at the price of 60000 it gives everything we need which other brand charges more bucks for the same features and by the way I am going to buy 9pro if it launched under 65000 here in India

McJader likes this.
  11. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 13, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Fanboy ! :rolleyes:

12. GameOnBoy
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

GameOnBoy , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 14, 2021 :
    What do you even mean. Either you are so dumb or you are just another fanboy -which dont worry - will change. Literally every other mobile brand is giving what people are asking for. Can you tell me one reason where oneplus is a better choice than the oppo except for the software.
    Oneplus used to ask the community on how to make a product and would be trying their best to make it perfect. And now all we can see is oppo rebranding. Look at the newly launched oneplus band. So disappointing. We are already aware oppo bands exists. I was expecting high from oneplus. I would have vouched for oneplus like u did - but that was months ago.
    I don't see OnePlus ecosystem reaching anywhere. Apple is the answer it seems

Shivam__t1 likes this.
  13. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 14, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 14, 2021 :
    OnePlus is not the only company in the world.
    One Plus has changed.

Buy whatever you like.

That's the whole point....did you miss that ?

Nobody is forcing people to buy a OnePlus if they don't like it.

G_plusone and Auristic like this.
  14. GameOnBoy
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

GameOnBoy , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Obviously!
    I mean no one needs anyone to tell you that. We'll buy whatever we like. And the same way, we'll discuss about how oneplus have changed in oneplus communitiy- the way we like. If you have any problem with that, I am sorry. You can cry

Shivam__t1 likes this.
  15. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 14, 2021

Tobikage , Jan 14, 2021 :
    It seems like you're the one who doesn't want to move on...but okay. :rolleyes:

G_plusone likes this.
  16. G_plusone
    Nougat Jan 14, 2021

G_plusone , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Didn't expect it honestly
    Ppl wanted fm radio
    Ppl wanted headphone jack :p

ayemei and pablofg1978 like this.
  17. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 14, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Ppl want ir blaster

Auristic likes this.
  18. anmol.butta
    Froyo Jan 16, 2021 at 4:48 AM

anmol.butta , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 16, 2021 at 4:48 AM :
    OnePlus has been following Oppo devices so much that it's losing its own originality. I understand they're going the tried and tested way but having stuff exactly like your sister company which hasn't got as much of a reputation kind of decreases the brand value.
    Really hope they take inputs from them but make products different.
    1610772357730.jpg

Prashant2496 likes this.
  19. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jan 16, 2021 at 5:18 AM

B_Wrath , Jan 16, 2021 at 5:18 AM :
    OnePlus has been copying from Oppo from OnePlus One days. What are you talking about?

And oppo is huge brand. Just because you didn't hear much about it, doesn't mean it isn't a reputed brand.

Auristic and Matt 80 like this.
  20. anmol.butta
    Froyo Jan 16, 2021 at 5:22 AM

anmol.butta , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 16, 2021 at 5:22 AM :
    I've seen, heard and used Oppo devices. Nothing against Oppo but OnePlus is a more enthusiast level premium brand which Oppo isn't exactly. I think they should just try to create their own identity now.

GameOnBoy likes this.