MMS on Google Fi via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. WCSLP
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2020

WCSLP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    hello all,
    I'm new to the forum so LMK if I need to post this elsewhere.

I live in NJ, on Google Fi, have the OnePlus 8 pro IN2025. this week i realized I'm not receiving group texts/MMS messages, and some of mine are not sending to others (Android and iPhone users).
    I typically use textra but have also tried Android messenger with the same problem.

I had to make APN changes to get the phone to work on fi, and have also tried resetting them; Google Fi also instructed me to enable data usage for Google connectivity services ( not on my phone), carrier services( has no permissions granted?), and Google Fi, play services, etc... they did not directly answer me when I asked about carrier settings permissions but data is/has been enabled for the above apps since I setup the phone.

yesterday I disabled voice over LTE and have received SOME MMS but I'm not sure if it completely solved the issue. other variables- 5g is on. Google Fi settings for VPN, data/wifi switching, and calls/texts over WiFi are on..
    I rely on wifi service at work, so I'm really hoping that's not the issue! does anyone else have issues with MMS on Fi, or were you able to fix it? are there any settings on the OnePlus I need to change to ensure MMS works?

thanks in advance!